Horus Heresy Movie Fictitious

abaddon3564

My Cast

Emperor =C.G Voiced by Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime)

Guilliman = Christian Bale (stoic, think Terminator Salvation)

Dorn = Viggo Mortasen (Calm, but capable of greif like that described in the Lightining Tower)

Lion = Karl Urban (The horse riding nephew in the Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers look)

Russ = Gerard Butler ( Spartan rage plus a scottish accent that could pass for Ferasian)

Sanguinus = Orlando Bloom = (Hansom and naive)

Khan = Chao Yun Fat (given the obvious asian overtones, placing another actor here would seem out of place)

Vulkan = Terrance Howard (War Machine and Hussle and Flow star, his quiet approach would flow well here)

Corax = Keanu Reeves (Matches Corax's quite demenour)

Mannus = John C. Reilly (Gang of New York style, NOT Step Brothers)

Horus = Russell Crowe

Lorgar = Juaquin Pheonix (great at doing complicated characters like his ceaser and johnny cash)

Angron = Vinnie Jones (violence given a face)

Mortarion = Zachary Quinto (Sylar and Spock)

Magnus= Val Kilmer (already starred one eyed in Alexander!)

Fulgrim = Jude Law (the aloof looking stance of his Watson)

Perturabo = Leiv Schlieber (Think Sabertooth)

Curze = Hugh Jackman (Menecing and a chance to play a dark character)

Alpharius/Omegon = Johnny Depp (weird let can play characters that are complex)

Russ = Gerard Butler ( Spartan rage plus a scottish accent that could pass for Ferasian)

Thanks Goat, you made my openly laugh like a little school girl. I can just imagine Gerard Butler acting as Russ.

"This is blasfamy. This is madness."

"This. Is. FENRIS!! *Boot*"

Thanks alot :HQ: ,

-Mac

Peter Cullen as the Emperor:

Emperor before boarding the Vengeful Spirit: "Sons, roll out!"

Horus: "You betrayed us, father. You turned your back on us and left us conquor your galaxy!"

Emperor: "One shall stand, one shall fall!"

hehe

Fulgrim = Jude Law (the aloof looking stance of his Watson)

Alpharius/Omegon = Johnny Depp (weird let can play characters that are complex)

Jude Law as Fulgrim would be pretty epic. :) I think he looks the part, especially after watching Rage. Johnny Depp as Alpharius/Omegon is a bit weird though :)

Bear in mind that Sanguinius is not just a pretty face. He's the second most charismatic guy in the Imperium and from what we've seen has picked up on quite a lot of the Emperor's wisdom too. You don't just need a pretty face, you also need an actor on a par with whoever's playing the Emperor. CGI can make a character look good, but it's no substitute for good acting.

Bear in mind that Sanguinius is not just a pretty face. He's the second most charismatic guy in the Imperium and from what we've seen has picked up on quite a lot of the Emperor's wisdom too. You don't just need a pretty face, you also need an actor on a par with whoever's playing the Emperor. CGI can make a character look good, but it's no substitute for good acting.

Oh the barbed tounged cheek! I think his performance in Kingdom Of Haven was good enough for Fulgrim. And as for wisdom, i don't really rank him any higher than anyone else.

Thanks Goat, you made my openly laugh like a little school girl. I can just imagine Gerard Butler acting as Russ.

"This is blasfamy. This is madness."

"This. Is. FENRIS!! *Boot*"

Thanks alot :P ,

-Mac

That would be pretty awesome ;)

Watching the 300 first, then Meet the Spartans resulted in me roaring with laughter, and my sister giving me weird looks ;)

Yea... I don't think he makes a good Angron. Some dude having a hissy fit doesn't really seem like a good candidate for a Primarch.

Angron is more like an angry King Kong trapped in a roughly human form than some scrawny English dude who looks like I could snap him in half.

I've always been a firm believer in CGI for all 30/40k films or totally unrecognised actors but this thread has made me think some more.

Obviously with make up and technology as it is now, a few touch ups in some places and maybe a shader or too like in 3oo would work well with these guys.

And remember, men can be made to look alot bigger than they appear normally.

My list for a few would be ~

Leman Russ - Tony Curran

Vulkan - Ving Rhames

Guilliman - James Purefoy

Fulgrim - Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Dorn - Vladimir Kulich

Perturabo - Dolph Lundgren

Kondrad Curze - Willen Dafoe ( I know he's old, but with some spot touches, I think he would work fantastically. )

Lion El Johnson - Clive Owen

Sanguinius - Ben Foster ( With a shave, some hair extensions and what not, I think he's perfect for that role, has a very soft voice but is still captivating and his eyes have always caught me as holding more wisdom than he lets on. )

Khan - I'm totally stuck for this one.

Alpharegon - Andy and Neil Rayment

Lorgar - Sean Pertwee ( For the atmosphere he can create with his voice and portrayal of emotion )

My mind draws a blank from here on, its been a long day.

Horus and the Emperor should be two people who are unknown. I dont think any big name could really do them justice.

However, for Maloghurst, it should most deffinately be Geoffrey Rush!

Simply because he is an amazing actor and could pull of the very politically twister advisor.

1. The rage. This guy has played characters famous for their anger in British comedy for years

2. Three Dimensions: Do you think that Dolph Lundgren or some wrestler could pull off the emotional turmoil that Angron suffers throughout his life?

3. Relationship with the Emperor: This guy has played people with complex relationships for years.

But doesn't look the part and his speech mainly consists of swearing. Angron didn't swear, he was just menacing. He is not a good candidate, and you'll notice that Dolph was Perturabo (that entire list was ace, well done Tyrax).

I think they could pass it off as:

1. Pius being nothing more than Imperial Guard propaganda (since a Guardsman has no business being aboard the Vengeful Spirit)
  2. The Imperial Fist Terminator a lie by Dorn to glorify one of his fallen men (rather than having him die an unrecorded death in the Siege, Dorn could bring back a shard of golden armor and tell his men that their Brother-Terminator had died at The Emperor's side)
  3. Then have the Adeptus Custode be the truth of it since that is how it is currently written and how it makes the most sense (The Emperor getting pushed over the edge of hesitation by the slaughter of a loyal friend and bodyguard, rather than a random Guardsman or Terminator he'd never met before).

It'd resolve the contradiction and add a little fluff to several parties.

Archived