Horus Heresy Movie Fictitious

abaddon3564

I think they could pass it off as:
  1. Pius being nothing more than Imperial Guard propaganda (since a Guardsman has no business being aboard the Vengeful Spirit)
  2. The Imperial Fist Terminator a lie by Dorn to glorify one of his fallen men (rather than having him die an unrecorded death in the Siege, Dorn could bring back a shard of golden armor and tell his men that their Brother-Terminator had died at The Emperor's side)
  3. Then have the Adeptus Custode be the truth of it since that is how it is currently written and how it makes the most sense (The Emperor getting pushed over the edge of hesitation by the slaughter of a loyal friend and bodyguard, rather than a random Guardsman or Terminator he'd never met before).

It'd resolve the contradiction and add a little fluff to several parties.

The second suggestion is a total non-starter. Rogal Dorn was honest to the point of stupidity-the whole Fulgrim/Perturabo/Dorn 'can the Palace withstand the IW?' question.

The other two are plausible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Josh Duhamel as the Lion

Keanu Reeves as Corax

Mr. T/Sam Jackson as Vulkan

Viggo Mortenson as Guilliman or Dorn

Russell Crowe as Horus

Brad Pitt as Fulgrim

Bruce Willis as the Emperor

The Rock as Abbadon

Scott Speedman as Loken

Orlando Bloom as Saul Tarvitz or Torgaddon

Skellan Skaasgaard as Torgodden

rite guys heres what i have so far comments n critiscm welcome !

emperor-hugo weaving

horus-russel crowe

sanguinius-daniel craig (with blonde extensions)

russ-brendon gleeson(heamish from braveheart)

guilmann-(in shape) ray winstone

dorn-unkown ?

khan-sean bean (witha few make up enduced scars were away)

fulgrim-cloin farrel

lucius-joaquin pheonix

saul tarvitz-wwe's jhon cena

the lion-alan rickman

angorn-wwe's kane

Khârn the betrayer-gerrard butler

pertuarbo-arnie

abadonn-the rock

loken-vigo mortensten

little horus-wwe's triple h

toragdon-jhon mcginley

old captian curzesean connery

vulkan-micheal clarke duncan (cant believe you would think of s.l.j over this guy !)

night haunter-cristian bale

alpahrius-vin diesel

WIN

While I agree on some of the chosen actors I do not always agree on the roles and some of the folks I have seen listed are not actors at all, they are wrestlers, who for the most part should be kept out of this.

Emperor -Liam Neeson

Horus - Russel Crowe

Sanguinius – Clive Owen

Russ – Stellan Skarsgard

Guilmann – Hugh Jackman

Dorn - Sean Bean

Khan - Collin Chou

Fulgrim – Leonardo Di Caprio

Lucius - Colin Farrell

Saul Tarvitz - Ray Stevenson

The Lion – Damian Lewis

Angorn – Daniel Day Lewis

Khârn the Betrayer – Michael Wincott

Pertuarbo – Vladimir Kulich

Abadonn – Liam Cunnigham

Loken - Vigo Mortensten

Little Horus – Colin Firth

Torgaddon – Dwayne Johnson

Old Captain Curze – Gabriel Byrne

Vulkan - Micheal Clarke Duncan

Night Haunter -Cristian Bale

Alpharius – Sean Pertwee

Magnus – Hugo Weaving

Ahriman – Oded Fahr

There are also a ton of guys who I would like see playing some of the other secondary but important roles, with actors like David O'Hara, Edward Norton, Robert Downey Junior, Hugh Dancy, Joel Edgerton, Hugh Laurie, Kevin McKidd, Zachary Quinto, Ryan Reynolds, Jackie Earle Haley, Sean Patrick Flannery and Jean Reno among others that I would enjoy see playing marines or other characters in the 40K universe.

Bruce Willis just has to play garro. (or any bald headed space marine ever tbh.. go look at your plastics!)

other than that Nathan Jones should play angron..

(the big guy ;) )

They would all have to be changed so much by computer to show the sheer dynamism of the primarchs that it would be pointless to have stars playing the roles . So age and looks would be irrelevent . The better idea would be to have actors with great voices and big personalities and let the cgi guys do the rest . I mean in terms of sheer size the primarchs would look something akin to the hulk on screen .

So get the best guy to get would be guys like Al pacino(horus) , Chrisotpher plummer(emperor) , James earl jones(vulkan) etc .

And do that thing the cgi guys love , k'now, match the movement and features of the actors to the primarchs on screen .

Just sayin is all .

These days, an actor is shot fairly natural and software maps his face. This map is easy peasy (though costly) to add to models even those of pre-generated younger versions of their own faces. Anyone's actor choices could play a mouse or a mountain. Voices augmented, yada yada.

Although it may not be required. Each movie have a smaller cast than the whole kit and kaboodle. Shooting primarchs and space marines separate from regular humans is an easy fix to reduce CG requirements.

That being said, my cast is Robin Williams with a cameo by Benny Hill.

I find my Political Correction gland irritated by the stereotyping evident in the industry, from audience to producers. I find my desire to see Sanguinius blonde and blue eyed, despite his father, to be quite alarming. As do I find it so that black men seem to only be possible candidates for the role of Vulcan despite the CG possible. Including James Earl Jones's voice and Morgan Freeman's voice-over. It's only 'natural'? Anyway, enough serious talk.

I agree with many times many of the posters on who should play The Emperor: No clear choice. Gregory Peck would be in the right kind of guy list... but he's not just dead, he's old media dead. =(

Kyle MacLochlan would be an interesting pick I think; darker yet 'patrician' features and has a fair amount of experience with the concepts.

I think it wiser and easier for me to merely state a desire for the archtypes typified by Stallone, Willis and Mickey Rourke versus Hopkins, Lee & Brad Dourif. What modern counterparts interested in filling the list, I know not.

I will add that Antonio Banderas and Benichio Del Torro would fit but didn't see anyone selecting them.

Good call shatter ,with vulkan , race should be irrelevant , my bad .

In that case I nominate james earl jones for the emperor as he pretty much has the best voice in the galaxy .

Yeah and I agree with other posters who put big name stars in the astartes roles . Those characters would get the most screen time anyway .

'a cameo by benny hill ' You sir are a comedy genius .

Here's what I think:

Lion El'Jonson - Kevin McKidd (with long hair)

Vulkan He'stan- Samuel L. Jackson or the Rock

Jaghatai Khan - I like the idea for Chow Yun-Fat

Corax - Keanu Reeves

Leman Russ - Ewan McGregor

Rogal Dorn - Sean Connery

Sanguinius - dunno, really. Maybe Daniel Craig w/ a blonde wig

Horus - Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn from LOTR)

Khârn the Betrayer - anyone with the right stature, he's always in a helmet so the face doesn't matter

and finally,

THE EMPEROR - I have absolutely NO idea. Don't even dare asking me.

I also have an idea for Roboute Guilliman, even though he wasn't in the Horus Heresy; I think Bruce Willis would fit that role perfectly, don't you?

Granted I've not read the HH books but why the female characters?

Oh, and leave out Christian Bale, he's starting to bore me in his films. How about Gary Sinise? True he might not be up to much in CSI but his films are pretty good.

Crixus from Spartacus would made a good villan I think. Also Peter Mensah, also in Spartacus.

I actually serious here as hes a 40k player

Robin Williams as Mortarion

Robin Williams is a 40k player? That could be the greatest thing ever.

Ian Mckellan for the Emperor. He would make that role his bitch. I reckon David Tennant (Tenth Doctor Who) would do a fairly good fulgrim.

What about Marlon Brando in his 'apocalyse now' days as night haunter? Film based on Joseph CONRAD's book 'heart of darkness' playing a character called Colonel KURTZ.

Might have been mentioned already, I haven't read all posts.

Definately Jason Isaacs as Fulgrim.

James Purefoy as Horus.

Antonio Banderas as Sanguinius.

Joaquim Pheonix as Mortarion.

Keanu Reeves should never ever been given the role of a primarch, just downright no.

But how about Jason Statham as either one of the many Captains: Tarvitz, Garro etc... or even perhaps Khârn?

Angron - Mickey Rourke. Seriously, Mickey Rourke

Fulgrim - Jason Isaacs

Sanguinus -Luke Goss

Jaghatai Khan - Jason Scott Lee (Don't laugh, I can honestly see him pulling it off)

Magnus the Red - Adam Beach

Ferrus Mannus - Chiwetel Ejiofor (I dunno, I just always pictured him as black for some reason)

Roboute Guilliman - Jeremy Irons

Mortarion - Daniel Day Lewis

Leman Russ - RUSSell Crowe

And 3 people I can't quite find a fit for, but should make it into the film

Edward Norton

Christian Bale

Don Cheadle

Archived