Horus Heresy Movie Fictitious

abaddon3564

I've just re-read the encounter Garro has with Dorn and again there is nothing at all as to the colour of Dorn's skin, though I think I found what may have given you the impression.

Pg321: "A face that seemed as hard and unyielding as the mammoth plates of golden-hued brass that made the man a walking statue; but no, not a man." This is of course referring to Dorn's armour, not his skin.

Other than that, the only other new physical detail of Dorn in the entire section between Dorn and Garro is of Dorn's "diamond-hard eyes." There is however, in that section, a line describing Mersadie Oliton, the Remembrancer, as dark-skinned (pg 338), which also may have caused the confusion. Other than those potential misinterpretations, there is nothing that even hints at Dorn being dark skinned, so your assertation that he's a black guy is without merit.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:RogalDorn.jpg

Doesn't look like a black guy in that picture either. Sorry buddy, you got it wrong.

maybe im wrong, still i wont trust any pic or random info on wiki lexiarum or whatever found on internet, actually the first pic i saw from sanguinus was a blonde guy choped in peaces and horus over him, this was on some of the first or 2nd edition of wh40k (table game), on the books sanguinnus is black haired... actually in my lenguage most parts where dorn is described i dunno why but it made me that impression.Denzel would play the nobility and strong character that dorn is (imo) but if the dude is white is white Xd ok.

about the thing of the alph/omeg +rock= 1000 rocks fooling arround, well the genetical seeds is what makes u be a space wolf/salamader or alpha legionare, still alphas are kinda twins(the whole chapter) theres no need to make them that close in aspect (talking about the movie i mean) no matter what actor it plays it u want 1000 computer reply of him going arround, 1000 brAD pits or james caans XD

claiming u are the official web page of something doesnt mean u are.

Angel Boy has black hair now?! Must be in one of the ones I haven't read, I remember him as always having been a blonde too, it certainly fits the whole angelic concept of him, black hair just seems too much of a constrast for him.

As for the Dorn issue, the translation may actually be what's causing the confusion, not the description itself or the interpretation. A simple problem with crossing the language barrier and there you have it, his description gives a different picture. The image however is originally from the Horus Heresy Artbook Series, so it's an official picture of Dorn, not just a piece by some random fan.

check the first time sanguinus and horus meet i think is in presence of loken (well would be the first time loken sees sanguinusXD) i remember loken describe it didnt knew it was form the heresy book (the pic) im trying to get my hands on it, and prolly its def the translation that lead me to confusion.

Stop your searching everyone, the perfect Sanguinius is obviously Alexander Skarsgard, he has the whole metro sexual appeal that the Blood Angels have

Proof

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/eye-candy-alexander-skarsgard-3.jpg?w=500&h=589http://www.meyer-kiel.de/cod/neu/members/bilder/sanguinius.jpg

I'm bad with actors names, but I have a few suggestions:

Dorn: Stephen Lang: His performance and scarring on avatar just screams Dorn.

Stephen Lang

Angron: Manu Bennett: For anyone who watches spartacus, he plays crixus.

Bennett

The Russ: The guy played Volstagg in Thor?

I don't have the time or motivation to do the rest, but I do believe that the best actors would be the older type 40's-50's

• 1 year later...

As much as I hate to do the whole "Everyone is wrong, bow before my canon knowledge" kind of thing you see on EVERY GOD DAMN FORUM, a lot of people are just saying an actor would suit the role because of their similar look and appearance in movie roles.

Eg: Hugh Jackman could never be Leman Russ. Although he was feral in Wolverine ( and X men respectively) he doesn't radiate the sheer vicious lethality and coldness that Russ is said to have ( In A Thousand Sons, Ahriman and Magnus meet with Russ). He's a good actor, but he isn't lethal enough.

Here is my idea of a list, and please don't shoot it down because you didn't like a movie an actor appeared in.

Lion el Johnson= Orlando Bloom/ Brad Pitt

Fulgrim= malfoys fatger from harry potter

Perturabo=?

Khan= ?

Russ= Sean Bean ( Ned Stark from Game of Thrones

Dorn= the general from Avatar

Curze= Christian Bale

Sanguinius= the guys who plays Klaus from vamp. Diaries

Ferrus Mannus= Arnie (come on, no one else could do it!)

Angron= General Zod from Man of Steel (radiates feral anger)

Guilliman= Eoin McGregor ( fits the utopian feel)

Mortarion= Jeremy Irons( with a cowl and rapsy voice it would work)

Magnus the Red= Anthony Hopkins in the fifties. Nah, just kidding. If he was younger and built like a mountain on roids then definitely.

Horus Lupercal= too hard to comprehend.

Lorgar Aurelian= Another hard one.

Vulkan= not SAMUEL L. :cussING JACKSON! As awesome as he is ( he's a jedi, the Avengers manager, a hitman in a Tarentino, and he kills snakes.) He is not a VULKAN. Ever. Anyway, I think it should be Enemaus from Spartacus ( the series)

Corax= no idea

Alpharius Omegon= im tempted to say Nicholson, ( the Shining= Alpha Legion orgasm), but I always picture Aplha and Omega to look like they are in their 20's.

The Emperor= Russel Crowe (if he is to be an epic Emperor of Mankind with the epic last stand quotes and heroic final charge type guy) or Liam Neeson ( for the kind of "for my race I will tear your species apart, rend you limb from limb and make you watch your world burn before I give you permission to die" type Emperor).

(VOTE RUSSEL CROWE!!!)

Malcador the Sigilite= Michael Caine/ Hopkins. The perfect role either way.

• 1 month later...

Russel Crowe as Emperor

Klaus from Vamp Diaries as Sanguinius

Sean Bean= Russ

Christian Bale as Corax

Zod from Man of Steel as Angron

Enemaus from Spartacus as Vulkan

Michael Cain as Malcador the Sigilite

Al Pacino as Erebus (a look at Devils Advocate will tell you why)

Karl Urban as Argel Tal

The guy who acts as Thor as Loken

Anthony Hopkins as Kyril Sindermann

John Cleese as Ignace Karkasy

Keira Knightley as Cyrene Volantine

• 1 month later...

The Lion: Jamie Lannister

Fulgrim: Damon from Vamp. Diaries

Perturabo: Arnie (c'mom, who else?)

Khan: Chow Yun Fat

Russ: Sean Bean

Kurze: if Keith Ledger could be Cyrene Volante'd....

Sanguinius: Klaus from Vampire Diaries

Angron: Zod from Man of Steel

Guilliman: Ewoin McGregor

Mortarion: Jeremy Irons

Magnus: ???

Horus Lupercal: ???

Lorgar: ???

Vulkan: Enemaus from Spartacus

Corax: Christian Bale

Alpharius and Omegon: no idea

The Emperor of Mankind: Russel Crowe

Malcador: Michael Cain

Garviel Loken: Spartacus

Abbadon: Hugh Jackman

• 1 month later...

Not to be a pain bringing this thread back but for those who have seen the most recent Hobbit movie do you think Lee Pace ,who played the elf king Thranduil, would make a good choice for Fulgrim? He kind of has the arrogance down and graceful walk about him but maybe it is just me. 

• 2 years later...

Y'all can thank Spikey Bits for making this thread come alive again.

Here's my list of actors:

The Emperor - Mel Gibson 

Horus - Vin Diesel

Sanguinius - Val Kilmer

Leman Russ - Gerard Butler

Rogal Dorn -  Liam Neeson

Lion El’ Jonson - Viggo Mortensen

Roboute Guilliman - Stephen Lang

Khan - Ken Watanabe

Angron - Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Konrad Curze - Christian Bale

Mortarion - Ron Perlman