GT UK

Captain Idaho

I just checked the Tournament page...again. And there is still no sign of the House Rules. Is it unusual for these to not be available a week before the GT? The email I was sent confirming receipt of my slip said that they would be available two weeks before.

I really want to know how the lash is going to work this year. I am pretty keen to see how some of the tricksy bits of 5th are going to be working too. Like wound allocation for instance.

The FAQ look like it should be up some point this week. The WFB FAQ was a little late, I think was on the Mon (29th Sept??). But it should be up before the GT ether way & then most like change on the Fri night when ever down there (happen last year but change around launch time to 2pm??)

Well three new Chaos Marines made up due to new idea for conversion. Really happy with how my new version of my Iron Warriors are looking. Put a lot work into Mk5. Also fought Orks on Thur was a close fought game & was a draw... would have been a win... but damn warboss :HQ:

So how everone else armies getting on now with a mere week left.

IP

So how everone else armies getting on now with a mere week left.

I been a little bad and haven't painted the last of models, so it looks like I will be painting right up to the last moment! My own fault, I felt like changing my entire Ultramarines paint scheme, making them more dark with blue ink.

I am a little confident with the list I have settled on, though it isn't as cut throat as people normal take. To be honest, 40K requires so many troops to that SM armies can't really be that nasty any more... :confused:

I'm glad to be going to heat 2. Still got time to paint my terminators. Been redoing them and the bone colour takes ages.

Also need to get some games in as I'm contemplating some drastic changes to my doublewing list. Trying to squeeze Belial into an army already tight on points isn't easy. Although scoring bikes and terminators could be worth it. :D

Captain Idaho I don't believe you <_< . You may be using the old book for heat 1 but they can still bring out the cheese. That said if the armies out there aren't as cut-throat because of the need to complete the missions it can only be good.

Here the Warhammer World site

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhamme...ews/events.html

The PDF of the FAQ not out yet, I would exspect it any day now (my guess is Tue or Wed latess) as the WFB one did not come out until the 29th Sept, there GT just been & gone.

IP

Hummm, getting a bit worry about the FAQ now as it Wed & still nothing up. E-mail the event team just to see if there put it up any time soon/before Fri afternoon perfferible & got a auto reply with in a second saying head of event is out the office right now.

On other GT stuff. Just finish the last model last night & pretty happy, started undercaoting him by 8.30pm & got him finish by 10/10.30pm. Spent a bit of time this morning tide up & painting parts I miss out

So pretty happy with how my army is looking overall :wub: Got a game on Thur vs a ork horde & then in Nottingham on Fri getting a few games in & a weekend of good laught & seeing some cool armies.

Anyone else going to be in Nottingham on Fri afternoon?? Me & my friends are set for 2pm be there. For those who are looking out for memeber, well just look for a Crusifed Black Templars on a tank & that will be my army.

IP

Update on the UK GT FAQ for those attending, just a copy & peaste from what I said over on warseer

Right folks just e-mail the event team today & got a reply.

Andy Jones is hard that work with the event team sorting out the FAQ taken away old question that no longer are needed (eg: Stuff to do with 4th Ed... & I also hope they take away that question a person ask about taken Apoclypse unit, it say in the Apoc rule book about this).

So we should exspect them by e-mail on Thur no idea what time though. Any question from now until them should be ask that the event on the day.

IP

I might be there on Friday afternoon, depending what time I leave my little town. Havent got my army finished yet, as I decided to repaint the thing a couple weeks ago! Should have the last of my Assault Marines done for tomorrow, then repaint my vehicles so they don't look too out of place.

Painting job getting rougher by the minute so I have the army done before travelling. The job my mate did is incomplete on the Rhino, but I don't think I have time to finish it!

I will be the Ultramarines player without insignia and very dark blue. We are talking very dark! Will also be wearing a B&C T-shirt. Feel free to say hi guys!

Finally finished painting & basing the extra units for my list this year so am ready for the weekend now (just waiting on the FAQ) and I'll also be wearing my B&C T-Shirt and have a spare army if anyone wants to test there list against my Orks on Friday Night (Just please let me off with Model Rep as the list is taking me forever to paint along with my Great Crusade army for May)

For those guys going I came across a nasty little tactic that Nid players may try.

Picture a Nid Warrior unit of 5 Warriors ALL with somthing different

Now take into account the Wound Allocation Rules. This unti can now take a fair bit of Fire Power as he can just allocate wounds to those models not yet wounded

Well that everthing look out for tonight.

- Army painted... as painted as it can be with out any last min new conversion ^_^ & really happy with how my force look over all

- 2x Army list, yep got them, double check the pts cost, seem alright & that 40k radio world wide war there was no issue

- Tray, just use the old chaos rhino box with Iron Warriors in the cover :D

- Dice, temp, tape, yep all there

- GW FAQ got them all printed out

- GT FAQ, check my e-mails later on today

So fair to say everthing pretty much ready. Do a double check tonight & as said meet with friends for the road trip, then meet up with more friends that Warhammer World for some games, then food :D

Now take into account the Wound Allocation Rules.

Yes I love the new rule. Annoyed my Ork oppents more when my Champ all that is left & slaughtering through his three units of 20 boyz :D & still stand there holding the object that the end of it.

IP

In terms of how well my army is progressing, every single mini is at the painting stage, which is good, with everything base painted green over chaos black, I am currently painting my Sternguard in Badab campaign colours (yellow and black) and am pretty happy with how far I have gotten so far. Just need to ensure that 6 marines and a drop pod are done by the end of the week and I will be laughing.

EDIT: Oh, and every models base is 90% complete - just need to do the final touch ups after the minis are painted.

FAQ been sent out to everone by e-mail just got mine there.

Not read it due to just printing them off & having to rush off to my wargaming club to get a last game before heading down to Nottingham to meet with friends & get a few games in Warhammer World.

IP

Hmm, I never received the FAQ! Hope I don't need it!

Good luck everyone. See you tomorrow, if not Saturday. ;)

P.S. I apologise for the poor painting of my models. I'm not the best painter, but time has made things a little rough.

Hmm, I never received the FAQ! Hope I don't need it!

Good luck everyone. See you tomorrow, if not Saturday. :D

P.S. I apologise for the poor painting of my models. I'm not the best painter, but time has made things a little rough.

FAQ a lot of it from last year & only change a few thing. I'm sure there will be copyies for you to pick up :D

Well last message until I head off, feel like rubbish right now due to nervies but should be alright by time I am there.

IP

Well just return from Nottingham last night & recover. Did not do so well & going to have to make up on my gaming club Rapid Fire & then ELG Club in Edinbrugh mini tournament.

Just games ended on turn 5 & if it went the next turn... it could have went my way as Andy from Bingowing & all other oppent can vouch (though oppent No6 was slaughering me really good) that if it went one more turn it would have swong from a draw to a win for ether of us. It was mess up my Oblits could not fire thank tanks yet they where good in combat when they where in, while Termies they could not fight in combat that much yet they couls blow up tanks better than my Oblits useing there Combi Plasma,

Really good events, had a good laught & enjoy meeting with old & new friends. Really tired & played 8 games in a space of four days (2 days that the GT of course). Manger to make round 6 my game 500.

Photos will be posted but it going to take me a while.

There was some cheating going on which was a shame but don't let those fools/gits put you off. Tournaments are a good laught.

IP

top 3 armies

Orks

Eldar

...need to check result sheet.

Well had a weekend were Lady Luck decided to bend me over the table and perform the most painful screwing i've ever had at a GT. every Tank Shock test of the weekend (11 in total) were 9's or more (And that hurts when you have no Vet Sgts or Captains)

As for Pic's here are mine

Well had a weekend were Lady Luck decided to bend me over the table and perform the most painful screwing i've ever had at a GT. every Tank Shock test of the weekend (11 in total) were 9's or more (And that hurts when you have no Vet Sgts or Captains)

As for Pic's here are mine

Heh heh, you suck Swampy! :) Always take vet Sgts!

See you soon a Lakeside! Come see me for a lesson in 40K! :)

In my last GT I had a game where I failed every single moral check and that was with vet sgts! That's the way it goes sometimes bad luck mate better luck next time!

I

It wasn't so much that you hadn't finished painting them.

It's the fact that I'll see them every time your down a Lakeside and I hold onto these Pic's for insperation and conversion ideas down the line mate (That Monolith with the Casket in the top was oh so nice)

Anyone else get photos from the GT event or just me & Ryan?? Seen a lot people with camera's but not a lot photos just last year there ton's upon ton's of them from Heat 1. Let hope heat 2 & 3 get see some photos as it alway cool to see some nice armies to help with own conversion or idea.

IP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I'm new here. I was also at the GT and had a great time despite 5 losses and 1 win. Atmosphere was really great and it forced me to get an army fully painted despite only starting 40K again this Summer after a 10 year break.

I took a Black Templar army and got stomped, but I'm familiar with 5th edition now.

I like the new rules, but they take a little getting used to.

Will there be a large B&C crowd down at the doubles tournament? I'm heading down and was wondering if you were well represented at all of these events.

Tragedy at my end.

I've been diagnosed with a rather bad illness, and can no longer attend this years GT. I'm absolutely gutted, as my Eldar list was sick :D

Sorry Levett no selling by post, Insane Psychopath

Archived