Ye Olde Decal Project

I was wondering whether anyone could create a decal sheet for the Warmongers Chapter, and also can someone maybe point me towards how I can print these sheets and what special paper is required? :)

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/60/Picture_001.jpg

I was wondering whether anyone could create a decal sheet for the Warmongers Chapter, and also can someone maybe point me towards how I can print these sheets and what special paper is required? :smile.:

1) Looks like a simple enough logo... Hell, I think I've got the skull in another sheet I've created, so it'd just be a matter of creating the sword, layering them together, and duplicating. Have you got a resource on the chapter, or is it home-brew? I can probably whip that one out tomorrow afternoon.

2) See the second post  in this very thread. Has tutorials, decal paper manufacturers, and creation programs.

I was wondering whether anyone could create a decal sheet for the Warmongers Chapter, and also can someone maybe point me towards how I can print these sheets and what special paper is required? :smile.:

1) Looks like a simple enough logo... Hell, I think I've got the skull in another sheet I've created, so it'd just be a matter of creating the sword, layering them together, and duplicating. Have you got a resource on the chapter, or is it home-brew? I can probably whip that one out tomorrow afternoon.

2) See the second post  in this very thread. Has tutorials, decal paper manufacturers, and creation programs.

It's an official chapter.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warmongers

and thanks :smile.: I have free handed it but I didn't do them very well and elsewhere on the forums it was suggested I try get some transfer done for them.

Edit: I have a Kodak printer (this one), I don't know whether they perform the same way as inkjet printers, also is this the type of paper, all those links to companies seem to be in america.

Edited by WoT

@WoT: Looks like that's the right paper for the printer you have. Just have to decide if you want clear paper (your decal will 'fade' into any color you place it on other than white, and with a black background not being visible at all) or white paper (whatever color the area around your decal is will transfer to the model, and if no color that'll be white).

Just your luck, I prepped two versions: one with no background and one with a green background. The green one you can print on white decal paper, trim fairly to not-so close, place it, then use your own green to blend the decal into your background color. I'll have it up for mod approval in a couple minutes.

If you want bright yellows and whites, go for the white decal paper. For the files I uploaded, print the one with the green background - you won't have to trim the decals out closely as you would with the blank background, and a few careful dabs of paint will blend the green into your shoulder pad.

Oh, and the file's been approved :wink:

Edited by Carlson793

could someone do a lightning bolt decal for me? I know that there already is one done, but that one isn't exactly what I want.

I want one that is shaped like the White Scars lightning bolt, except that it is black and without that yellow patch sticking out on the sides.

edit: i tried painting the White Scar decal black but that didn't work out so well.

various sizes of course, most for the shoulder pads but a few for vehicles, bikes, predator/rhinos and one or two for a Land Raider.

hope it isn't to much to ask for, thanks for any help.

Edited by horgoz

Well, it's looking like I'll be finishing up the Space Wolves Great Companies tomorrow, so minus a possible commission or two, I'm free for decal commissions. I notice there are a few requests in this thread that didn't receive answers - are those requests still live, or have the people requesting found other options?

Barring commissions, I notice that with all the sheets we have here, there are actually about 12 chapters that appear in the 2004 'How to Paint Space Marines' that don't have B&C sheets - including Black Templars, Ultramarines and Grey Knights! (Though Ultramarines seem to be overly well covered by GW already). Think I'll take those on next.

Hey guys, I'd love it if someone could do a range of crenelation strips, like you see on Grey Knight heraldry. A range of sizes so you could do those small tilt plates on their shoulders, scaling right up to be able to do heraldry on a landraider or thunderhawk would be awesome. You could just paint some red and white blacks, and then lay the decal over the area between them to get neat and even markings every time rather than stuffing about with a stencil or trying to freehand it. That would be much appreciated!

Examples:

http://belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/250px-GK1.jpg

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/Linnear1701/media/40K/GreyKnights-1.jpg.html

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/7/72/A_Grey_Knights_Battle_Brother.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130419185402

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/11/GK_Icon_1.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/80?cb=20140825041506

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4e13ba77906ef.jpg

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/9/9d/MKV_Land_Raider_Crusader.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120122053551

That'd have a trickiness level to it. Currently, I don't have any titans/knights, so would have to rely on the 'customer' to provide any/all source images and (more importantly) model measurements. Course, once you have a small set of measurements, others can be gathered by comparing to existing photos. Beyond those two caveats, I can probably pull it off.

Hey guys, I'd love it if someone could do a range of crenelation strips, like you see on Grey Knight heraldry. <snip>

Oh c'mon!! Gimme a tough one! (PDFs in 5 colors awaiting mod approval :biggrin.: - and I might have a go at a couple for ALPS silver/gold CMYK values)

You're a champion!

Am I getting this right, Carlson793? You are offering to make decal sheets in proper sizes from "customers'" images. That would be awesome.

Well, way I see it, if you want something for public use (Codex Chapters and the like), just let me know and I'll see about getting it posted. If you want something for your exclusive use, then PM me and we can work out a deal (since then it goes from 'public service' to 'personal employment'.

EDIT: Just to clarify, with the exception of a few 'commissions' I've got in the works, my plan for the future is:

• Public Use: If I'm prepping it for the Downloads section of B&C, available for everyone to use who wants it, that's 'Public Service' - that's a freebie for the benefit of the community.
  • Exclusive Use: If I'm prepping something for a private party's exclusive use, never to appear on B&C, that's 'Personal Employment' for your benefit only - that'll cost ya (but my rates tend to be measured in single digit bits/models)
Edited by Carlson793

Hey guys, if anyone feels inclined I was wondering if you could make sheets for the CSM warband Knights of Blood?

Someone made a single decal, but I was hoping for the whole sheet with varying sizes and such.

Here is what I found from before: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/295-knights-of-blood-decal-sheet/

Thanks for your time!

Venomlust, check the download on that one. The thumbnail shows a single logo, but the actual download is a full sheet with 100% (8mm shoulder pad), 75%, 150% and 200% decals on it. Prints as an A5 sheet (roughly half the size of a US letter sheet)

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you're going for. If you want the a recreation of the GW sheet for printing, I'd think that'd skirt too close to infringement. If you want to duplicate logos appearing on a model in say the Imperial Knights Companion, that'd be less dicey. PM me and we'll see if I can accommodate what you're looking for.

While we're on the subject of infringement, I've discovered a eBay seller who is selling decal sheets printed from the files posted here...even the ones marked as 'not for sale'. Is anyone familiar with an eBayer that goes by star101man/MegaBitsOnline? I hate to see someone profiting from work we did for the community - he links directly to thumbnails of sheets with B&C members' ID/disclaimers still intact. 

While we're on the subject of infringement, I've discovered a eBay seller who is selling decal sheets printed from the files posted here...even the ones marked as 'not for sale'. Is anyone familiar with an eBayer that goes by star101man/MegaBitsOnline? I hate to see someone profiting from work we did for the community - he links directly to thumbnails of sheets with B&C members' ID/disclaimers still intact. 

Whilst on the subject of selling; does anyone here print out decal sheets for those without printers?  For a fee of course to cover ink and postage. Its just that I don't have the need for a printer.

However if this is a touchy subject then I apologise in advance.

Whilst on the subject of selling; does anyone here print out decal sheets for those without printers?  For a fee of course to cover ink and postage. Its just that I don't have the need for a printer.

See, it's a question of scale. What you're asking, money trading hands at roughly cost (a sheet of 8.5" x 11" decal paper runs about $1... add maybe another $1 for ink/toner and postage), that I'm okay with.

But the [REDACTED] in question is taking the hard work of the B&C Frater (among others) and charging $9 per sheet plus shiiping outside the U.S.), with neither the B&C nor the designers who created the works seeing any money in the bargain...works which, by the way, still bear the 'Not saleable' tag. B&C Frater identifiable on his product list: Tubal, Kurgan the Lurker, Max_Dammit, Emperor's Fury, bigred, SCC, and Dracul. And it's not so much a matter B&C Frater of seeing a profit for their work - I think I've been pretty plain that even for custom sheets, most I want to see is bits-for-bits - but of someone else seeing a gross profit from the work we do here. No acknowledgement of our work. No acknowledgement that he does not hold the rights to the files created. Hell, based on number of sales shown on eBay, the profit he's seen off of our work could have fulfilled the Brother Argos Appreciation Army fundraising.