Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

Hey, thanks guys. :) I wanted to be finished with the Apostle by now but... I kinda got Fallout 3 for Christmas and... well, you can figure out the rest. :P Should get some work done tomorrow - as always, "should" being the operative term.

Lexington: Black Apostle Razakel, the Unhallowed, Lord of the XIII Host, bids you salutations and good killing. Death to the misguided servants of the False Emperor! All Praises to Bless'd Father Lorgar! :P Thanks, man. :D

Pig of Sparta: Was wondering if you'd stop by. :P Thanks for the comments, and that conversion looks awesome. :tu:

TAS: I actually did put some more blood on the book - pic doesn't show it very well, but it looked too pink. Now there might actually be too much, but I'm probably just gonna leave it. As for the crozius, I bloodied it up but I'm not exactly happy with it. I'll put more pics up late tomorrow - hopefully he'll be finished by then. :devil:

Lexington: Black Apostle Razakel, the Unhallowed, Lord of the XIII Host, bids you salutations and good killing. Death to the misguided servants of the False Emperor! All Praises to Bless'd Father Lorgar! :P Thanks, man. ;)

Not a problem - thanks for showing off these awesome miniatures! I think you've inspired me to do something similar for my own Children of Lorgar. :(

this brings back memories of my word bearers...ahhh the good ol' days when i could nail a guardsman torso to a defiler's trophy rack... *sigh* anyways, great job, especially that dark apostle. looks positively amazing.

Thanks a bunch, guys. :) Right, skulls fix'd. Well, I highlighted them again and washed 'em to hell, so where before they were too bright and really messy, now they're dark and really messy, which I honestly prefer. :tu:

gallery_39401_2771_113603.jpg

Crozius spike got cut outta the pic... Bah, you guys know what it looks like. :P Hrm... next up. Aspiring Champion... or cultists? Perhaps ChaoSicarius? I'm kinda sick of working on HQs... Think I'll go for the champion and then assembly-line the cultists... Mmmyes.

Ah, and happy New Year, guys! ^_^ *tosses confetti around* My first resolution: paint more stuff - now where's that Call of Chaos mkIII? :lol:

Heheh, sorry, been busy working on assembly/conversions on my basic CSM squads since the Apostle, and if there's one thing I do slower than painting it's sculpting. :P Wanted to get them all put together, since I've decided to try assembly-lining them (paintwise, I mean) so I can actually make some frakkin' progress for once. ;) Unpainted piccage within the next few days.

I'm not dead yet! *stands triumphant* Finally got my first two "tactical" squads assembled. Still need to sculpt some PA greaves onto about half of them, and most of the other half need some smoothing-out, but there's no telling how bloody long that'll take me to get around to and I didn't wanna keep you guys waiting. B)

Phael Iscariot

gallery_39401_2771_103233.jpg

Phael Berith

gallery_39401_2771_89553.jpg

Sorry for the pics - the primer makes it a bit difficult to make out what some of 'em are.

Very nice my friend, well done :P

You are definitely making more progress in this than i am :)

Question for you though, when you did your Dark Apostle, for his cloak, did you just do it all over his entire back and then put the back pack on? Or did you leave a 'joint' section (like you would see on the back of all SM torso pieces) to mark where the back pack would join up?

TAS: I glued the backpack onto the torso (didn't bother sculpting a nub/joint thing) and then just stuffed the cape up under the gap between the backpack and the torso. Whatever visible gaps there were left over I just covered up with the fur. :) Can't wait to see the project you said you're working on, btw.

TIH: They're just CSMs actually, but thanks! :P

Archived