UK Grand Tournament topic

Iron-Daemon Forge

Not too bad at the moment getting as much practice as possible, there are a couple of match ups i'm not looking forward to but hopefully i can find ways around them. Mission wise I think my weakest may be kill points with a spearhead set up, am looking into ways to improve my chances there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well come this Sat, it will be a might two Week until the GT heat 1 :tu: time has truly being fly.

So those attending Heat 1 looking forward to the day & how are you finding your armies??

My own army I been happy with the way the list work, doing alright in ELG Counter attack. While model wise I have a few new models I need to start working on this Sat/Sun

I have

- 2 Terminators

- 2 Chaos Marines

- Counter to replace after some touriest broke it.

I should be there Fri afternoon on the 16th from 1pm to 2pm.

IP

Well I haven't even writen my list for this years GT yet but I know pritty much what its gona be and it can be summed up in three words

Green, Fast & Killi

For anyone heading over to heat 1 of the ToS here's a bit of travel news that you may need to be aware of.

The weekend of the 17th & 18th Oct a mass protest has been planned for the area surrounding Ratcliffe on Soar power station which is immediately adjacent to the main road off the M1 (Jn 24) into Nottingham South. I work for one of the local transport organisaions and we've received warnings that there wil be 5000 eco protesters meeting at the power station on the saturday with large numbers congregating at Nottingham Station throughout Friday 16th. Naturally there's going to be an appropriate police presence and it wouldn't surprise me if there were delays around the area of the power station, so steer clear and use M1 Jn 25 instead.

Well coming from Greece,i have no idea where all that is so i'll just say to the taxi driver "Stay well clear of the power station.." ;)

I still have 1 Rhino,2 Dakka preds and 2 termies to go but with a couple of days off work plus evenings and this weekend i guess it can be done.If i'm not done,i'll just bring my trusty Black Legion.Me and a friend will arrive at Nottingham Thursday night,so we'll probably be at warhammer world most of Friday for warm up games(and a pint or two at Bugman's).

Cheers! ;)

For anyone heading over to heat 1 of the ToS here's a bit of travel news that you may need to be aware of.

The weekend of the 17th & 18th Oct a mass protest has been planned for the area surrounding Ratcliffe on Soar power station which is immediately adjacent to the main road off the M1 (Jn 24) into Nottingham South. I work for one of the local transport organisaions and we've received warnings that there wil be 5000 eco protesters meeting at the power station on the saturday with large numbers congregating at Nottingham Station throughout Friday 16th. Naturally there's going to be an appropriate police presence and it wouldn't surprise me if there were delays around the area of the power station, so steer clear and use M1 Jn 25 instead.

Thanks, hopeful this is gone after 6pm on the Sun....other wise damn protesters <_<

Thanks, hopeful this is gone after 6pm on the Sun....other wise damn protesters :)

Hey IP, I wouldn't bet on it. We've been informedthat there's a good chance that protesters will be on site well into the following week and looking at the info being shared with us by other authorities they're gearing up for a prolonged campaign so to speak (I drove past the site yesterday and the power station is litterally prepping its defences i.e. elec fences, additional security).

However, like I said if you use Jn 25 instead of 24 you should be ok although be prepared for heavier traffic as everyone else uses that alternative route as well.

If you want any advice as to the best way into Notts to avoid the militant hippies and tree huggers drop me a line.

Well coming from Greece,i have no idea where all that is so i'll just say to the taxi driver "Stay well clear of the power station.." :)

I still have 1 Rhino,2 Dakka preds and 2 termies to go but with a couple of days off work plus evenings and this weekend i guess it can be done.If i'm not done,i'll just bring my trusty Black Legion.Me and a friend will arrive at Nottingham Thursday night,so we'll probably be at warhammer world most of Friday for warm up games(and a pint or two at Bugman's).

Cheers! :P

Hey there DPD, the one thing I would suggest is, if you're coming into East Midlands airport, avoiding the Local train station (East Midlands Parkway) as well and head straight into Nottingham either by bus or taxi.

Thanks, hopeful this is gone after 6pm on the Sun....other wise damn protesters :)

Hey IP, I wouldn't bet on it. We've been informedthat there's a good chance that protesters will be on site well into the following week and looking at the info being shared with us by other authorities they're gearing up for a prolonged campaign so to speak (I drove past the site yesterday and the power station is litterally prepping its defences i.e. elec fences, additional security).

However, like I said if you use Jn 25 instead of 24 you should be ok although be prepared for heavier traffic as everyone else uses that alternative route as well.

If you want any advice as to the best way into Notts to avoid the militant hippies and tree huggers drop me a line.

Thank for the info. It my friend who driven down, so will pass on the message... no idea what road we take as I'm most like asleep. I;ll pass on the message as we are planning on leave right after the awards/result sheet on the Sun to get back home to Scotland (usely midnight)

IP

Thanks, hopeful this is gone after 6pm on the Sun....other wise damn protesters :D

Thank for the info. It my friend who driven down, so will pass on the message... no idea what road we take as I'm most like asleep. I;ll pass on the message as we are planning on leave right after the awards/result sheet on the Sun to get back home to Scotland (usely midnight)

IP

If you're coming from Scotland then you should be ok as the protest is on the southern side of the city, but like I said if you need an update later next week let me know.

well just face an iron warriors force - glad to say my imp fists performed quite well :( watch out IP you won't be getting your revenge for Tigurius just yet . lol

That will be your down fall...not having a "count as" tigurius when you face me ;) (will have to talk to a few friends down in HQ about first game draw up <_< )

IP

i'm starting to panic a bit now - one week to go and i've only got six models done :D think i need to lock myself in for the weekend

Bah, poor excuse I say it should be reason :P , Spray gun & wash is all you need with this type of shenanigans or White Undercoat & good old yellow ink ;) I seen lot of last min painting back in the days, exsample being a guy spray painting his army on the day of the event right out side the door's of Warhammer World or my friend fill the hotel sink with old Cheastnut ink & dunk all his models in there that 11pm on the Fri night or me painting a WFB army the day before the event 5 hours for a 2250pts army.

If all else fail you still got your Ultramarine's!!

I just got

Two Terminators

Counter

Two Iron Warriors trooper

One Rhino crew memeber

Can't wait.

IP

all done now ;) now i just gotta wait and hope i face your IW's :P

If not, I could possible try & fit a game on the Fri afternoon (depend time) other wise I think they allow games on a Sat night, depend what event are planned in Bugman bar??

Other wise your alway welcome to come to GW Falkirk for that re-match ;)

Just done some painting today. Tomorrow I will be that home spend the day fix any damage & painting the very last few models.

IP

all done now :lol: now i just gotta wait and hope i face your IW's ;)

If not, I could possible try & fit a game on the Fri afternoon (depend time) other wise I think they allow games on a Sat night, depend what event are planned in Bugman bar??

Other wise your alway welcome to come to GW Falkirk for that re-match :(

Just done some painting today. Tomorrow I will be that home spend the day fix any damage & painting the very last few models.

IP

Hey guys, in the event that you are around on Fri afternoon I'll be in the WW store doing some painting pretty much all day Friday.

If you want to come and say 'hi' I'll be the guy with the sisters of battle lined up on the painting table.

Just got a e-mail about the event overall.

Not looking good for the food side, just most of the food there I can not eat as it can cause me to be unwell (I'm not allergy just some food can badly effect me & make me very unwell I think it would make Nurgle very happy). I did sent off a letter that Andy advice from last year :( Though Souther Frieded chicken I can be alright with on the Sat night.

Just check what Bugman bar has to offer in term of food.

Look like people can get games until 10.30pm that Warhammer World on the Sat night, so doombreed666 if we don't get our re-match that the GT, we can alway do it then ;)

Hey guys, in the event that you are around on Fri afternoon

Yep if all gose to plan, be 2pm time me & my friends get down there. Got a few games arrange :tu:

IP

Dare I count my chickens before they hatch, but I may have secured a ticket to Heat 3! A fella on Warseer is willing to sell me his as he is unable to attend. How much was the ticket again? £55 seems about right to me, he was unsure and had to check?

So with a bit of energon, and alot of luck, I will be attending Heat 3 with my Ultramarines! ;)

So check list

- 1500pts army fully painted: Check

- Army list: Done, I've done them by word doc, the once GW supply been a bit of a headace (with my SPD, the writen one very difficult/keep mess up, the other one they sent us, just keep mess up, my Word Doc all ready & cover everthing they ask)

- FQA printed: Done

- Super glue: bought two on Mon there

- Tray: just bring a old Rhino box to carry my models in

- Money: pick that up tomorrow

- Hotel: been book for a while.

- GT ticket & pack: in my backpack

- Codex: yep got that there

- Dice: got ton's of them (30 normal once, 3 pack of Apoclypse once because there cool & where free & 2 GW metal once for the 25th b-day as a thank you to staff)

- Temp: yep all there.

So apart from money & packing cloths, pretty much ready. Then Fri met with friends that 9am, get to Nottingham for 2pm

£55 seems about right to me, he was unsure and had to check?

Yes it is

IP

Archived