UKGT 2010/11 session, heat dates with in

Iron-Daemon Forge

Sorry folks but it would be best to leave the subject of which has happen & ignore what going on by other fourms on the issue.

So will people be attending more ToS events?? I'd possible be looking that April ToS as another event & then one possible around Oct time.

IP

Yep! I went and bought my ticket for the January one after the first game on Sunday, when I discovered on the Saturday evening sitting in Bugman's that my exam period ends at that weekend! The word, for those of you from this corner of the world, is "yaldi!"

Thanks for the congratulations but it appears they were too soon. Got the call from GW this morning and they've worked out it was the Ork Warboss (edit ;)) who won and not me. C'est la vie, it was fun while it lasted ;)

The great news is i now have a ticket for the Throne Of Skulls in January so i now have the chance to win it properly! I do suspect there may be a few more Dark Eldar players this time. I'll have to dust off the Red Scorpions :)

Thanks for the congratulations but it appears they were too soon. Got the call from GW this morning and they've worked out it was the Ork Nob who won and not me. C'est la vie, it was fun while it lasted ;)

Bad luck that you didn't win but less of the Ork Nob stuff about the player as he is a mate and is generally a nice guy :)

Yep like I said folks let leave what happen in the past. Do not want any bad blood/gudge between people, so no further talk of the issue which has happen. Let get back to the Throne of Skulls & how people enjoy the weekend.

Yep! I went and bought my ticket for the January one after the first game on Sunday, when I discovered on the Saturday evening sitting in Bugman's that my exam period ends at that weekend! The word, for those of you from this corner of the world, is "yaldi!"

I think I'll be avoid ToS in Jan. This is more down to the weather if anything like start of this year was to go by. Sort of worry about the doubles. Just with the bad weather I pretty much only got out twince in one month during the x-mas holidays. April & possible if there one around Oct time.

I think Wolves for April again. Then being inspired by your friend Eddie Blood Angels, might give them ago. Also been reading a lot of the bloodquest comic for ideas.

IP

Well I'd be very disapointed if I'd have been given the prize only to have it taken back a few days later. Pretty amatuerish but there you go.

On terms of next year? Well I'm gonna take a miss on the Jan event, too close to this one and Xmas, especially as I've got some work to do on my list to try and add a little 'ooomph!' to it. I've got some ideas (some of which I'm going to run past Sgt Campbell as he missed out on equalling the top WH slot by 1pt. Even more impressive as he ran pure WH, where as the top player had an inducted guard unit in there as well). So I reckon I'll be looking at the spring event as the earliest one for me. That said I'll be having a wander around the Jan event to see who's doing what. Prob hang around on the sunday afternoon as well to see who *cough* 'wins' the event on the day.

After discussion with my esteemed comrades Storm Bringer, Gone Fishing & Phoenix Knight we thought that probaly the best way to determine the top runners would be through having the 'swiss system' for the top 40 or so competators from the 1st day. That way there'll be a fairish chance that people would be able to play against a similar level of competition for the title, sure, keep the best general but have the best fight the best for the title.

As for the 'best army' category? Well, the weighting needs some tinkering with. Maybe it should be a score modifier rather than an outright added points. I'm pretty sure that everyone got at least 1 vote and those that didn't should be penalised for being an a~$e. The alternative is take it out of the equation altogether and have it as a seperate award in it's own right.

My last thing I wanted to raise though was what happened to best team? After all there was quite a crowd of us who were team B&C but no clear indicator as to how we did combined.

As for the 'best army' category? Well, the weighting needs some tinkering with. Maybe it should be a score modifier rather than an outright added points. I'm pretty sure that everyone got at least 1 vote and those that didn't should be penalised for being an a~$e. The alternative is take it out of the equation altogether and have it as a seperate award in it's own right.

No, it wasn't everyone got at least 1 vote. That wouldn't be possible as then everyone would only get one vote and noone would get any more than one vote - i.e. everyone at teh event voted for a different person as "favourite army". Everyone got at least one point, but apparently that is because they awarded 1 point for up to one vote. In other words, 0 or 1 vote gets you one point, more votes gets you more points. Seems a bit silly to me. I can only image that was so that noone had "0" next to their name - but hey, almost everyone there was an adult, and should be able to take a no votes for favourtie opponent without too much hurt feelings!

My last thing I wanted to raise though was what happened to best team? After all there was quite a crowd of us who were team B&C but no clear indicator as to how we did combined.

Yeah, we on the Glasgow Deathwatch team were rather miffed about that too! It also meant that there was a risk we played against our own team members (which I did in the second game!), which was something we would rather avoid when we travel the length of the country to play against other people that we don't normally get to play!

No, it wasn't everyone got at least 1 vote. That wouldn't be possible as then everyone would only get one vote and noone would get any more than one vote - i.e. everyone at teh event voted for a different person as "favourite army". Everyone got at least one point, but apparently that is because they awarded 1 point for up to one vote. In other words, 0 or 1 vote gets you one point, more votes gets you more points. Seems a bit silly to me. I can only image that was so that noone had "0" next to their name - but hey, almost everyone there was an adult, and should be able to take a no votes for favourtie opponent without too much hurt feelings!

Ok, so everyone got at least 1 point for showing up? S'pose you need to get something for £55 if you lose all of your games and aren't a popular opponent.

Ok, so everyone got at least 1 point for showing up? S'pose you need to get something for £55 if you lose all of your games and aren't a popular opponent.

That's what I got told how it worked. Though that was after the event here on the B&C, and not anyone at the event. However it does explain how everyone got at least 1 point, and there were still people who got more than 1 point.

Look like me & my friend Scott (going to double 40k) will be up for the GT in April. He got a new list he was trying out, scary as hell, was luck to draw with one Grey Hunter in Razorback.

Oh yes & guess what, since the GT I had nothing but spearhead set up AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! B) ;) ;)

well im a bit late but i thought id but my view across-

what happend with the teams??

really angry with the 1 point for turning up rule, i would have drawn if they didnt do that.

vp's should be used so you always play a near likeness player.

i had a very enjoyable weekend and was suprised how well i can play hungover, it was great to make new friends and be able to put names to faces, nick!! i think next time we should make a plan for the evenings.

armouredwing ill def have a good chat with you as i may take my sisters to the spring gt, thinking of tweaking my list, maybe take out the inquisitor and the assassin and put in a third exorcist and some phin or some autocannon guard.

Just to let people know April ToS GT is on sale 4th Jan. If anyone up for this, I will be there will be Space Wolves as, as much as it was a great weekend, I'd like to not get spearhead four out of my five games :devil:

It 16th & 17th April.

IP

well im a bit late but i thought id but my view across-

what happend with the teams??

really angry with the 1 point for turning up rule, i would have drawn if they didnt do that.

vp's should be used so you always play a near likeness player.

i had a very enjoyable weekend and was suprised how well i can play hungover, it was great to make new friends and be able to put names to faces, nick!! i think next time we should make a plan for the evenings.

armouredwing ill def have a good chat with you as i may take my sisters to the spring gt, thinking of tweaking my list, maybe take out the inquisitor and the assassin and put in a third exorcist and some phin or some autocannon guard.

Yeah, well up for getting some 'friendly' games in at some point in the not too distant future. Maybe hook up on the Friday if I can get my proverbial into gear for the spring ToS.

In terms of your list? Well, I'd have to say it's pretty solid mate and I'd be loathed to drop karamazov & callidus given their good performance. If I was to offer some advice? Well, playing against me you never used Karamazov's 'Inquisitorial Mandate' even when you had units in CC with my stuff. It's always been a good rule when I've used it, the extra attack for all units within however many inches can really swing the tide of a CC, especially when facing big units like I run. Also consider that it'll increase the callidus by 1A as well. Remeber that he has to be stood still on the turn it's used but also consider that if he's in CC then it's a good time to drop that into the mix.

A 3rd exorcist is good for the points but consider the tactical flexibility that you lose if you switch them points around. If I were you the only place I'd look at tinkering with at the moment is the celestians, it's a good unit and something that I'm going to steal off you for my next ToS. What I'm looking at though is making at a lot harder hitting, possibly putting a priest in there so that the unit will have 3 eviscerators (Canoness, priest, Vet Supe) they can bring to bear. Also I'm considering if a banner of some description may be a good investment, not so much for the Imagifier ability but more to do with combat resolution. I'm in need of doing some work on it but that's generally my line of thinking at the moment.

In terms of seraphim I'd suggest you consider their cost and survivability on the table. 22pts each is a big investment and to make a seraphim squad viable you need to run 6+ (8 being the ideal). By my reckoning if you're thinking of going down this route then you'd probably be better off running a second squad of Celestians in a rhino. Ok, so they can't DS but their effectiveness Vs cost is a lot better.

Inducted guard is definitely an effective means to an end, but not something I would want to do. I'm a purist when it comes to WH/SoB and given your performance mate you're bang on the money without having to use other units. 1pt off the top WH slot with a pure WH list? That's good going by any standard and not far off being the WH champ.

• 1 month later...

who is going to the gt on 22/23rd jan? can anyone offer me accommodation for the 21/22nd jan? i will bring my own non smelly food and i will pay a little money if you want me to for water bills for taking a bath/shower for instance. because i can 't afford to spend so much on the surrounding accommodations and its a h uge hassls to g et in on time to the event on the 22/23rd of jan. will sleep on sofa if need be :).

thanks

antique_nova

who is going to the gt on 22/23rd jan? can anyone offer me accommodation for the 21/22nd jan? i will bring my own non smelly food and i will pay a little money if you want me to for water bills for taking a bath/shower for instance. because i can 't afford to spend so much on the surrounding accommodations and its a h uge hassls to g et in on time to the event on the 22/23rd of jan. will sleep on sofa if need be :).

thanks

antique_nova

Short time, the ToS pack should have a phone number in term of hotels. I've personial go to the premier inn castle marina which is a 15 min walk to Warhammer World or you can easily get a taxi. I'll try find the map someone posted on warseer.

It only cost me in Nov £60 for the Fri & Sat night.

But you should check the ToS pack as I am sure there are many other hotel near by which could be cheaper money wise.

IP

Archived