Fire Angels (2nd Company)

Lorenzen

@Lorenzen:

1) night shifts = poo, the only thing I found pooer was continental shift patterns, no matter how much the SDA% was. Ruined my body weight for years and I ain't never goin' back, ya hear!

2) gym = good, go play "Returns a King" from 300 as a reward.

3) decals = they worked, thank the Emperor for that *phew*

4) rules stuff = dunno, I might need to read the rule book, the non-SM codex FAQs, actually play a game (haven't in over 18 months), and actually go to a tournament (urk, although people are trying to talk me into it).

5) figures, particularly sternguard = wow, nice :(

So, how are you doing those comb-meltas? The look like a normal boltgun with a drilled plastic rod bolt barrel, a plastic termie stormbolterish magazine and...and...the melta bit has lost me. It looks small and neat, all I could think of was maybe a BA DC hand held inferno pistol sliced and diced. But...dunno. So how would I go about making a Lorenzen Pattern Combi-melta?

Oh, and you have like updated which means I have to paint something by COP Sunday. Oh joy. Eeek.

Pretty much spot on mate, i use the vehicle sprue bolters & spare gk termie ones for the magazines then cut out the foregrip from a normal bolter & replace it with the front end of an inferno pistol. Just a cut & shut job really.

Pretty much spot on mate, i use the vehicle sprue bolters & spare gk termie ones for the magazines then cut out the foregrip from a normal bolter & replace it with the front end of an inferno pistol. Just a cut & shut job really.

Cool. Alright to copy one? I am after as many unique combi's as possible.

only a quick dirty update tonight.. waiting on sorrowshard (dark eldar player some of you may be familiar with his work) to pick up his phone from mine, idiot child left it here last night.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/198/8/3/marius2_by_typhion-d57mi4o.jpg

Marius is coming along nicely, just a matter of time until completion for him ditching batch painting for a little bit to focus on doing each model to completion (i get stuck in that "hes nearly done" phase for too long with batch painted stuff)

his heraldry shield will eventually have what will be the 1st company captains colours on it.. but that is to be addressed later when ive figured out a: who the 1st co captain is, and b: what the hell his heraldry will be.

anyway enjoy the picture and yes marius you can thieve the combi melta, i highly doubt i was the 1st to do it anyway

i dont think anyone could get tired of such things.. if all goes to plan i think you may appreciate my get into gamesday early/golden daemon entry this year.. he's a tad "grim" :)

• 2 weeks later...

not actually fire angel related, but its something ive been working on recently.. wont see paint (by my hand at least) as its being commisioned by somebody out in the wider world and Sorrowshard from rant in e minor will be taking his brush to it. fair way to go yet, but i thought id show that i had actually done something.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/219/b/5/wolf_by_typhion-d5a56w2.jpg

arms are currently blutacked in place as they will be getting magnetized as will a cyclone for his top, need to add some rivets to the banding and finish the pelt and scroll work. then just finish some of the minor details. nothing major.

Archived