Kthulu returns

greatcrusade08

Pictures would be cool, my camera refused to focus on anything.

Thanks again for the organising and all the effort etc, and it was a pleasure fighting against three fully painted Space Marine/Chaos armies of the guys on here (firestorm40k, meatman and thantoes) and was pleasantly surprised with my prize for the Stormraven/pigeon/budgie. A very good day out and would love to come back next time!

Indeed, thank you for organising this tourny, it sure was nice to meet some of you guys, even though I don't seem to remember if I played vs any of the guys from here. a well deserved best army for you firestorm40k, I'll try and bring something less hated next time ;)

I'll try and bring something less hated next time ;)

tbh i think the issue was that there were 3 armies that were almost identical.. had yours been the only one most people would have been fine.

as i said before you certainly shouldnt stop playing that army just becuase we dont like it, your a good bloke and id play against your draigowing anytime (id probably lose but id play none the less.. who knows i might learn a weakness)

it wouldnt be fair to let a few moans stop you from playing your army, we will get used to having draigowing around, just wait a few months all the bandies will jump to necrons, leaving you hardcore GKers to carry on with draigowing

I'm anything but a hardcore gk player, I just love terminator armies, and the original grand master has the same name as me, so it was fated for me to run paladins :rolleyes:

sorry bit tongue in cheek, i just meant non bandwagonners.. this being your first tourney and all ;)

Pictures would be cool, my camera refused to focus on anything.

Thanks again for the organising and all the effort etc, and it was a pleasure fighting against three fully painted Space Marine/Chaos armies of the guys on here (firestorm40k, meatman and thantoes) and was pleasantly surprised with my prize for the Stormraven/pigeon/budgie. A very good day out and would love to come back next time!

Yeah was great fun playing you, you had a lot of bad luck though. We should play again when your dice decide to behave!

yeah those show up well, you got a really nice action shot of your army

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/firestorm40k/Kthulu%202011/P1070788.jpg

im just loading mine onto photobucket too, but im out in the boonies so ive only got dial up speed.. might be done by morning ;)

yeah those show up well, you got a really nice action shot of your army

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/firestorm40k/Kthulu%202011/P1070788.jpg

Cheers, that's before it got pumelled by Captain Idaho's Ultramarine gun-line ;)

Kudos to Alex, he got some really great pics! :)

Cheers, that's before it got pumelled by Captain Idaho's Ultramarine gun-line :lol:

Gunline? Gunline? Idaho aint got no gunline :jaw:

Be glad you didnt run into my patented "Wall o' Plasma"

Alas, I think my Rhinos would have fared better against that, ha! :jaw:

poor Khârn and his berserker buddies grabbed thier ankles and felt the full thrust of a chapter master and honour guard.. wasnt pleasant :jaw:

Hey, they were softening him up for the killer blow to be delivered by a single lesser daemon (that did get smushed by the Honour Guard, but give me my moment! :jaw: )

might as well be gunline because of how easy it is to kill his transports!!

*sigh* Yes, all too true... Roll on the next Chaos Codex, when they give us the Grey Knights Draigo treatment... I hope

;) :P :jaw:

Oh mate, I felt for you so bad! Your army suffered the exact same reasons mine suffered in my previous 2 games; weak Rhinos against superior shooting. Role on a new Codex indeed.

might as well be gunline because of how easy it is to kill his transports!!

Ha yes, what I have learnt from the weekend is at 1,750pts a player gets a serious amount of firepower, as most people just take their 1,500pts list and throw extra killy stuff instead of extra infantry etc.

1,750pts is such a different ball game I have found Rhinos just can't compete like they can at 1,500pts, so I will be changing my list somewhat and adding a Landraider to my planned list now.

We live and learn eh!

Archived