Throne of Skulls October (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

Ah dems the breaks. I'm glad a nice guy won though, especially one of our own from the B&C. Wish I could have congratulated him.

Like I said, it's my own fault and no-one elses. I mean, if my last opponent hadn't deep struck the squad then it would have been a firm draw. (actually a loose one, since I was holding on and glad it ended turn 5!)

No hard feelings of course, just wish I could have got that top spot for Space Marines.

Ah dems the breaks. I'm glad a nice guy won though, especially one of our own from the B&C. Wish I could have congratulated him.

Like I said, it's my own fault and no-one elses. I mean, if my last opponent hadn't deep struck the squad then it would have been a firm draw. (actually a loose one, since I was holding on and glad it ended turn 5!)

No hard feelings of course, just wish I could have got that top spot for Space Marines.

What list were you running? I'm assuming Honour Guard were in there - any notable scalps?

Great weekend!!!!

Got to put alot of the names to faces from the B&C community which was great. Got 3 wins and 2 losses and finished on 10 points!!! Only GK army with Mordrak there and got to kill Darth Vader (counts as Mephiston) from the Stars Wars themed army with the AT-AT (counts as Redeemer) which helped me win my final game of the tournament!!!

Great games with great opponents. Could'nt ask for more than that. :)

The guy who got Best Space Marine player was one of my mates and we didn't expect to it see either, he was so surprised that he got it. I gave you my best opponent Nathan and I told you I would after the Terminator unit mishapped.

To be brutally honest the squad made no difference to the final outcome which was a draw and if it had gone on another turn I'd have won and you said this yourself.

I know your not being sour mate because you were a nice guy and great opponent.

Well done Ryan on the Best Dark Angels player. Sorry never got photo of your army, I did see it from the last few rounds & did look cool.

The Mystic - Sorry never got to talk due to lossing voice. But if your going to ToS April see you there.

IP

The guy who got Best Space Marine player was one of my mates and we didn't expect to it see either, he was so surprised that he got it. I gave you my best opponent Nathan and I told you I would after the Terminator unit mishapped.

To be brutally honest the squad made no difference to the final outcome which was a draw and if it had gone on another turn I'd have won and you said this yourself.

I know your not being sour mate because you were a nice guy and great opponent.

Oh Bernard must be livid since he was so close to top Space Marine too! :whistling:

I gave you my best opponent too as you were a sound guy.

Thanks for making that post, because there are doubts that fly about your brain and it's nice to get rid of them with a counter opinion. Like I said I was ok at the time then alone in the dark you start to think etc. :huh:

Like I said, the guy who got 3 nominations was a great guy so fair play to him!

Did anyone take any photos during the weekend??

IP

I'm still editing images from the January GT. In between painting models and playing the odd game. When they are done I'll make a huge post of them. I have added a few to my album from Jan.

I'd be surprised if any of last weeks ToS have been processed for Web quality (or maybe it's me trying/being a photographer and doing it properly)

Claws

Can anyone tell me how exactly they set the final standings? I finished with 12pts which would put me joint 6th on points scored, I only had a margin of victory of 2.00 (Templars although few did really well) which combined with my ponits would put me in 29th, if they base the final standings purely on margin of victory then I'd be down to 46th, harsh but the margin of victory system does prevent meta army spamming (altough there was still alot of 3 vendettas with melta squad guard lists floating about).

I'm taking my Ultras and really looking forward to my first ToS tournie.

Went to a Blood Bowl tournie a few years back and am really hoping it'll be just as good.

Oh, and John, don't know if you've heard from Stace but he's blown his radiator so i'll be picking you up now!

Stormsson

I finally made it into town today, hung out at WW for a bit. I found it hilarious the B&C is actually blocked on their internet connection there.

I'll have an aquila badge on my collar, a pocket watch, a B&C army bag, and blue and green Space Marines riding Cold Ones on the table (counts-as Thunderwolves). Just wish I actually remembered all my models, blah. Forgot a couple back in the States, so I have to counts-as from my CSM list.

Ahh, table 5, that was my third game yesterday. I got in a practice round on Friday against Salamanders, got beat up pretty bad, but learned lessons. My first two rounds were against more Salamanders lists, which I was able to soundly beat, and then I annihilated some Tau for the third round. So, three wins so far, doing good!

3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Not bad for my first throne of skulls with 18 models ^_^

Cool mate. Same results as me too actually in event 1.

Same here for the first event, 3 wins,1 draw and 1 loss. I saw some very very nice armies up on GW's Facebook page.

Archived