Awesome, and glad to see an update. Still really love your green power weapons, such a great look.

Also really like how the energy is playing round that staff of the librarian. So cool.

I'm very happy to see another flesh eaters brother !!!!

Your work is very beautiful !!! compliments!!!

I'll follow this topi with much interest!

P.S.

do you have any background information

Edited by Lollo129

I have a question about your paint scheme. What colors do you use?

Do you prime them black and go with Khorne Red as a base, and highlight with blood red and blazing orange?

I'm thinking of priming mine black, base coat with Army Painters Dragon red spray, a coat of druchi violet and high light up from there.

Hi guys, thanks for all the very positive comments, all are appreciated :) I was a bit unsure about chopping up my libby but I am pretty pleased with the results. Squad Decan hopefully won't be too far behind. As I said in my last post, I am re-doing Valek (well, re-doing in as such a new model to represent him, and using the original as Master of the Sanguinary Guard). He is going to be a counts as Tych/Seth/Dante whoever-else-I-can-get-away-with type dude. He is his progrees so far, very early stages and rough around the edges:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Valek1-1.jpg

I'm going for a billy bad-ass look wading through the battlefield, nonchelantly (sp?) bellowing a challenge. Combi melta (chaos termi) is mangetized to allow for Seth-esque sword or Dante-esque axe, left wrist will allow for a infernus or storm shield, back pack is magnetized for jump pack. Head is a secret *read in the post*

If I might enquire please, from which model does the chest piece of Captain Valek come originally? (The one with the Gothic arches filled with skulls).

It is from the Forge World Sevrin Loth Honorguard :)

These are great! I hate blood angels. I mean it, I'm using the word "HATE" here. But these guys are simply awesome...if only regular BA were this cool. I'd love to see these guys go toe to toe with the Night Lords.

Heh, heh, glad to impress such a staunch BA hater :huh: Thanks for the comment space wolf :)

Awesome, and glad to see an update. Still really love your green power weapons, such a great look.

Also really like how the energy is playing round that staff of the librarian. So cool.

Thanks man, glad to be back :)

P.S.

do you have any background information

Not really much in the way of official stuff, best places to look are:-

Lexicanum

Wiki 40k

Of course, Chaplain Desmodus has THE best fan based material flesheaters.net, but his site is down and has been for a while :( I am currently writing my own IA which is a mish-mash of them all, so stay tuned :)

I have a question about your paint scheme. What colors do you use?

Do you prime them black and go with Khorne Red as a base, and highlight with blood red and blazing orange?

I'm thinking of priming mine black, base coat with Army Painters Dragon red spray, a coat of druchi violet and high light up from there.

I use the old GW colours -

Black Under Coat

Scorched Brown

Mechrite Red (leaving the brown showing in the recesses)

Blend to Blood Red

Blazing Orange very edge highlights where required

Battle damage to suit.

Simples (like me)

It is from the Forge World Sevrin Loth Honorguard :lol:

Ah, excellent, thank you. I'd looked through all of the GW finecast and most of the FW models but had failed to see him lurking there in the bodyguard. Mmm... now how do I justify buying the honor guard pack to get a chest-piece? :D

Ahh, scorched brown. That makes a lot of sense. I'll keep that in mind when i break open my BA Battleforce box and start building in a while.

It is from the Forge World Sevrin Loth Honorguard ;)

Ah, excellent, thank you. I'd looked through all of the GW finecast and most of the FW models but had failed to see him lurking there in the bodyguard. Mmm... now how do I justify buying the honor guard pack to get a chest-piece? ;)

Buy the kit, get the piece you need and sell the rest on ebay. I've seen Sevrin Loth pull bids of 20-30 USD all by himself. I'm planning on picking up the kit to make my "counts-as" Tigurius for my Minotaurs army. All of the RS insignia will be removed, concealed or replaced by Minotaurs insignia. The rest of the bits will be used in my own honorguard squad, but again, with the RS insignia removed or replaced.

nice start to your Seth/ Tycho/ Dante mix up monster. LOL its a monster mash!!. ( sorry could not help myself). So in regards to your IA work on Flesh Eaters be sure to keep us in the loop when you drop that in the Tabula Astartes. Any Ideas you can leak via PM on how your planning on linking the too type of armor colors? ( I've been trying to create some type of link between the two since I've been tracking yours and Chaplain D, and H's .

Thanks guys, hopefully Valek will be 'the face' of my Flesh Eaters so I got to do a good job. As for the head, it is in the post ans should look right at home with a little work *suspense*

As for the FW honorguard, I got mine off a bits site on ebay, he stocks loads of kits including a lot of FW choice pieces. Check it out its called the Bitz Store, excellent service usually here the next day (won't post a link cuz the mods have big meltas!)

nice start to your Seth/ Tycho/ Dante mix up monster. LOL its a monster mash!!. ( sorry could not help myself). So in regards to your IA work on Flesh Eaters be sure to keep us in the loop when you drop that in the Tabula Astartes. Any Ideas you can leak via PM on how your planning on linking the too type of armor colors? ( I've been trying to create some type of link between the two since I've been tracking yours and Chaplain D, and H's .

Lol cheers bud!

I am on my phone at the minute, but I will whiz you a pm tonight with what I have got it you want. I'll warn you it is quite a lot, but very rough draft in its current state!!

EDIT - to much jibba-jabba!!

Edited by Midnight Runner

Small update, here is where Valek is up to. First up, counts as Seth (my fave):-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Valek1-2.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Valek4.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Valek5.jpg

Massive chainsword needs a little work still.

Counts as Tycho:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Valek6.jpg

He will also be able to count as Dante as I have a conversion planned based off Astorath's axe and you may notice a magnet in his left wrist for an Infernus pistol. Back pack is also magnetized (obviously!). For his cloak, think of the Daemon Herald, Skulltaker, and you won't be far wrong :D Hopefully, this guy will just reek of "I am going to ;) you up!"

C & C welcomed :)

He's a monster just like I said he'd be. I always wondered why GW didn't give Seth a JP... Huge rending chainsword+ jp = doom, bloody doom. (Oh well wishful thinking done) Are you going for the wrist mounted IP on your dante convert?

Glad to see he is embodying the Flesh Eaters' spirit so well. Hopefully I will be really able to go to town on him, I am thinking for paint a very weathered gold with red pauldrons, so as not to look too Khorne-esque. Oh, and lots of blood! The head was difficult to come by, I got it from Germany in the end (didn't want to buy the full FW Worldeater set y'see!) but imho it is one of the best heads in 40k.

@ DK2K - Yup wrist mounted from the Sang Guard. I will chop it off and use a round file until it matches Valek's wrist

@ Goose - High praise I thank you, I do have another counts as Dante (see previous page) but the idea behind Valek as my 3rd Co. Captain is to have him in most games I play (together with Salem the Librarian), so I like the flexibility of load outs. He will be the face of my FE, but I will no doubt do a few other counts as though. My usual HQ is Mephiston, and seeing as I use my Blood Angel conversion at the moment, a new one will be my next HQ kitbash (I am thinking along the lines of Bane's gimp mask from The Dark Knight rises but am undecided as yet).

Anyways, thanks for all the comments guys, stay tuned for the 'Dante' version of Valek :D