EPK's Unforgiven

EPK

Nice idea, that flail. Will probably steal/use that one myself ;).

Those shields look cool, care to give us a better look?

His pose is a bit better now btw. The 'ball' of the flail might/should/could be 'over' the stone part of the base, I think. If you know what I mean.

Maybe experimenting with a stick, a piece of rope, and (say) a ball of socks to see for yourself where it should be...?

Stick, rope and sock ball? Pfft... why don't I just get my flail out?

Anywho, that last image was just photoshopped, when it came to actually move it, the angle was all wrong.... so, I had to scour my box of Empire Flagellants for a replacement. I used the previous ball and chain but a different mount from that box. What do you guys think of this? Much more fluid, maybe I can turn it a little more so it's over the rock on the base (as Flint&Steel suggested). It also makes him quite a bit taller -

gallery_49213_4130_2890.jpg

@Flint&Steel - the shields are simply cut out of plasticard (or more specifically, a "beware of dog" sign) with added hand bit from an actual storm shield and dressed up with some DA bling. I also added some brass tubbing to look like power cables of some sort. Unfortunately my crappy cutters don't do their job well and I get these uneven edges - but I plan on making green stuff "caps" for each cable.

gallery_49213_4130_43946.jpg

• 2 months later...

Okay, I decided to just turn this thread in a general WIP type deal...

Now, I promise the fella above (thunder fail) is nearly complete, just need to highlight and finish up some details.

I do have a question about this helmet I threw together. I had a couple GK terminator helmets my buddy gave me and I put some wings on them and actually thought they worked well, despite being for a terminator, on a power armor body.

What do you guys think? Is the head to big? I thought it worked, but wanted a second opinion. (the arms were tacked on just so you could see them vs. the helm). This fella will most likely be a company master.

gallery_49213_4130_67425.jpg

The second question is, pointing finger with one-hand sword or go with a two-handed sword?

Despite it being bigger than the normal GK power armour head, with the wings, it actually takes away from the size.

It looks like an ornate crested helm, I don't seen any problems at all.

Go with the 2 handed sword!

With the size of the helmet, i would go with two-handed to try and keep the scale together, if that even makes sense.

Your work is awesome, the Flail-nator (which he shall forever be called in my mind) looks like he shouting 'MAKE WAY' before giving someone a taste of incense, lightly sprinkled with power field. With i side order of insta-death, of course.

Epic painting also. You would make the Lion proud :sweat:

Thanks guys!

@Candleshoes - It was your thread that reminded me I even had some GK bits and showed me that they could work well with some DA bling. So thanks!

I was leaning towards the two-hand sword as well. I think I'll go with this method but use an actual sword and not one from plasticard.

ooks like he shouting 'MAKE WAY' before giving someone a taste of incense, lightly sprinkled with power field. With i side order of insta-death, of course.

Haha, we'll said. Now if I could only make more time for painting.

Me likez hummie!

However, those shoulders need to drow lower...even if they are tacked :)

Also, I'm a great fan of posing...where is this guy looking? What's his story?

Head is a bit big, true, but not to the point of being out of scale... I agree with Candleshoes that the wings make it look more to scale... And I'd go for double handed sword for a number of reasons (scale is one) but mostly because of the rule of cool! ;) Any chance you'd go for two blades? *ducks for cover*

To me he looks as if he purposefully and calmly approaches an enemy champion that had the arrogance to issue a challenge straight ahead. With his (imaginary atm) two handed sword kept low, only to behead his enemy with a super-fast strike when he comes within range!

What? Too much? :)

Head is a bit big, true, but not to the point of being out of scale... I agree with Candleshoes that the wings make it look more to scale... And I'd go for double handed sword for a number of reasons (scale is one) but mostly because of the rule of cool! ;) Any chance you'd go for two blades? *ducks for cover*

To me he looks as if he purposefully and calmly approaches an enemy champion that had the arrogance to issue a challenge straight ahead. With his (imaginary atm) two handed sword kept low, only to behead his enemy with a super-fast strike when he comes within range!

What? Too much? :)

Two swords.... hmmm....

As for the head, he's looking directly into your soul.... nah, I just stuck it on there to see what you guys thought about the scale vs. the power armor body. I prefer to see where the weapons will fall before I glue a head in place.

EPK, your work is sick! I will definately have to up my game to be able to stand with you! I am in love with your belial command squad. that flail is 100% pure unforgiven win. I don't think it could be better if it came with bacon :)

This is what I mean, I love all flavors of astartes, but the DA forums got to have some of the most talented minds ive come across.

Thanks for the kind words! From what i've seen of your model work thus far, you're doing just fine. Can't wait to see some of the painted.

But.... everything is better with bacon.

@ TheDarkAngelLion - a nice little bash there. Unique blade. I think I might stick to something more traditional...

If I go with the duel wielding, do you guys think the typical pointing sword would work for one side and then a sword at ready in his other hand. The running position just seems more like he is moving towards a battle rather than already caught in one.

Also, I'm pretty far along with this guy.

Thoughts on the shield (hope it's not the xmas tree effect with the green/red)? Probably could use some battle damage. Also, any requests one what should go on the shield's plaque? "Caliban" seems suitable, the shield being a relic of the chapter. I suppose I'll also have to name this guy and put that on his right shoulder.

Any recommendations on how to go with the power flail's ball? I was thinking (since this is made from one of those sensors) to have arches of lightning looking as they are emanating from the holes. Anyone have any references for that?

gallery_49213_4130_57233.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

that......is......awesome. man, I need to get those SH termies. on the shield, I think either MORTIS or, The LION.it seems CALIBAN is kinda common and common is obviosly not what your about!!! as for the lightning effect coming out of the holes, just use some really thin wire like the wire insibe the twist tie of bread packages I think hust go from a few holes to a few others. not all of them cuz conducters do not all fire at once. that's how I would tackle it. and it would definately stand out. hmmmmm, now that I think about it I might just give it a try.......... I need to go cook bacon now!

Oooo... and actual 3D effect - I wasn't going to go that far, probably just paint it.

So I decided I paint way too slow to have two separate threads for my work and figured I'd toss these in here as well so this thread can just be a catch all for my Unforgiven work -

Consecrators Tactical Sqaud

gallery_49213_4130_13531.jpg

gallery_49213_4130_159873.jpg

gallery_49213_4130_131989.jpg

gallery_49213_4130_64771.jpg

:devil: Can't have enough of that! *stands up and claps slowly* ;)

:) Good, because I have some vets/robed marines I painted forever ago but never finished the bases for. My plan is to paint all the bases at once, I'll post them too, hopefully soon!

Throne, and there i was looking down on anything not DA or 2nd founding...the more i see of consecrators the more i like it, just too bad not much background to find for them :huh:

I cant decide if EPKs or Capt Semper Consecrator are better....i really cant :P, some details here, some there but both stunning!

You used mostly GW parts if im not mistaken? Semper clearly has the FW advantage but your marines kinda look "cost-efficient" to me...if you can call anything GW related cost efficient <_<

Thank you Nemial and Prime!

Throne, and there i was looking down on anything not DA or 2nd founding...the more i see of consecrators the more i like it, just too bad not much background to find for them :)

I cant decide if EPKs or Capt Semper Consecrator are better....i really cant :), some details here, some there but both stunning!

You used mostly GW parts if im not mistaken? Semper clearly has the FW advantage but your marines kinda look "cost-efficient" to me...if you can call anything GW related cost efficient :teehee:

Yes, do Consecrators - the best part about no background, is that you can make it up. For instance, I mentioned this before, but I came to the conclusion that the Consecrators might rely more heavily on techmarines considering the relics they need to take care of. That's just me... of course we might see more of them in the new dex.

Semper's are stunning and his force has expanded rapidly, I'm envious of all that FW stuff. I only have the measly 10 guys. Yep, all GW bits for me - I got lucky with a lot of older ed. stuff (from a friend). Semper is a FW nut - I love those Contemptors.

If you are interested, you can find my development thread - here. It outlines my thought process and what bits I had or procured. I went with the traditional beakies as my majority, but the dex leaves it open-ended - saying they just bare the chapter's oldest relics (though the only two depictions in the dex have them in Mark VI Corvus armor).

And back to business. I finished up a bit last night -

gallery_49213_4130_32357.jpg

And finally, I'm gonna call this fella complete.

Deathwing Flail-a-nator

gallery_49213_4130_58916.jpg

I look at the thunder flail -

gallery_49213_4130_2483.jpg

Archived