Throne of Skulls October (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

I saw the new codex chaos that Games Day yesterday. It brillaint, but there is work to be done on the army list side of things. Going to get my codex on the 6th Oct, read though it & make up a army list. Then any changies I have set money aside to buy models needed & parts for conversion

A group of four of us will be coming from Stockport - me with my Grey Knights, the local GW manager with his Imperial Fists, a Crimson Fists player and another with Tau.

Can't wait - this will be my first offical GW event!

Pretty sure Nurglez, another friend and I will be about on the Friday dude so will probably see you again there

as far as I am aware Kai booked the train tickets for friday again, so we shall probably be at warhammer world around midday, and we wont have to hang around painting someone else's army!

Look like everthing sorted for travel down. Should be leave up here in Scotland just before 9am & be in Nottingham 2pm. Aim to book into my hotel before going into Warhammer World & then to give my friend Iain a game. Then after words pretty much up for a game vs anyone else after getting some food in bugman bar before they stop for the day.

Two & a half weeks left. Also only four days left until I know how my Iron Warriors will be with the new codex & what new models will need to be added?

IP

• 2 weeks later...

Just over 24 hours until I should be in Nottingham. It always the same each event over the last ten years of attend tournament, I am always painting the day before travel/the event.

I should be in Nottingham around 2pm just after I book into my hotel. Then I'm give my friend a game, then pretty much try get a few more games in & catch up with people.

IP

Really enjoy Throne of Skulls during the weekend. Also for once I do not feel terrible after travel after a event, usely end up with headace, but I think having a fried breakfast as soon as I was awake help a lot.

Need to see what the Throne of Skulls is like for next year before chose which once to attend.

IP

Well doe on the best army insane psychopath! Well deserved and look forward to seeing those warding staves put to good use!

I'm considering the March one, but maybe see what the one after that might be - don't want to be rushing the painting this time (of course, I say that now but we all end up rushing in the end!)

Well doe on the best army insane psychopath! Well deserved and look forward to seeing those warding staves put to good use!

I'm considering the March one, but maybe see what the one after that might be - don't want to be rushing the painting this time (of course, I say that now but we all end up rushing in the end!)

Thanks very much. Aye those warding staves are already being use on a brand new Terminators I need for a tournament this weekend!!! Also got a heldrake to sort out as well.

I will be down to ToS next year (after Nov next month) just see what we had time wise really.

Battle report on the fourm as well.

IP

Yeah, massive congrats on the best army from me too. Had a really hard time casting my vote, there were so many amazing ones, and I genuinely can't remember which one I went for. Delighted to have squeaked out best BA player (thanks to RebG for pointing out the mistake to the events staff), and had a really good tournament. Won't be down next month (I am an impecunious student), but am planning for March, maybe with a different army I build for the occasion. Hope to see guys there!

Congratulations Jamie! I hope my Minotaurs will face your Iron Warriors next time in order to add some trophies to my bases as well :P Thanks for the photos you took of my army too!

There should also be a video of your Minatour army on my facebook wall as well. Just somthing new I been trying out since Games Day is to try get some videos during events. So somthing I will be doing more of in the future as well as the normal photos :)

Thanks very much & well done for the army nominee as well. Was really cool check out all the cool conversion & painting work on your own Minatours. Yes we'll need to try get a game that some stage ether see what the Chaos gods plan or the Friday before the event.

I've already started adding trophies on some my games from the weekend, from a Flesh Tearer to a Word Bearer. I got a local tournament this weekend.

Chaplain Admetus - Thanks. Was really happy when heard the annoucment & really greatful. I really like all the armies there. The Dark Eldar army up for nominee, the guy was great to talk to while we where getting our armies from the display cabints.

Archived