Soul blaze?

Polythemus

i have a question about the soul blaze special ability. it came up in a game i got to play recently and I am looking for feedback. Soul blaze comes into effect when there is an unsaved wound, the model with the unsaved wound gets a counter and this applies to all models suffering a wound from a soul blaze attack. you roll a die for each soul blaze counter and then resolve the result. at the end of the rule it says you can only have one soul blaze counter per unit so does that mean that the wounds are individually resolved for this attack but the actual counter only appears on the unit?

Soul Blaze works on units, not models. If a unit suffers an unsaved soul blaze attack, the unit gets a counter. A unit can only have one counter at a time, so additional soul blaze attacks will not add another counter to the unit. At the end of each turn, you roll a d6 for each unit with a counter. On a 4+ the unit takes D3 hits. The resulting wounds are distributed by the player owning the unit, to models of his choice.

Archived