Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

• 2 weeks later...

Started on some more of the escher gang all of the skin needs to be neatened up/smoothed out & I may redo the girl in the middle as I'm not fully happy with her face.. tried a different method for her skin and tbh didnt like it much.

20200512_182231_by_typhion_ddx0ylt-fullv

The sister and the eschers look so dang crisp! It is all looking gorgeous and I love how you've painted black. The skin tones & definition, the animal hides, and everything is great but the way you painted black looks like artwork.

Thanks dude, the black is just solid black, a mix of paints to basically match dark reaper (lock down makes us improvise) and some lighter blue grey highlights, but the main aspect of it I guess is just adding some colour to the areas that are naturally highlighted but not going overboard, just like a thin almost wash layer of dark reaper to give the impression of a highlight. Edited by Lorenzen

I'll have to give that a go! Looking back at the pic of the sister I see what you mean, especially looking at her right leg, like on the knee and upper thigh. I have some marines in black that will need some help so I am taking notes from ya.

Cheers, I kinda based the model around that head when I 1st saw it & knew if I could get the coat to fit onto the Kria model I'd be onto a decent looking model

I've tidied up the leopard print now and started adding a bit of shading to a few bits of her now. Need to finish her skin and tidy up the yellow top next I think

ddx9d4x-2acd6aa2-eddb-4dd8-bb33-d3806295

Thanks dude, hopefully the method I sent you works for your snow leopard print too, picked up an old project that I've been working on slowly again recently, waiting for the main shape of the cloak to cure so I can start working on the details etc properly.

img_20200522_183145_609_by_typhion_ddxtt

Oh man! Your Fire Angels coming back around!?

Theres a few people near me who are interested in doing something badab related.. but I'd be doing red scorpions for that (just waiting on some bits for that little project)

This is most likely going to end up in Golden Demon and as a display piece in my gaming room.

Thanks, I had a strong image in my head for how I wanted this model to look & feel.

20200526_162150_by_typhion_ddy3q23-fullv

I've been doing work on the back of the cloak bit by bit inbetween decorating, mix if green stuff & miliput so that I can stand it and blend areas together, lots more to do to get the folds to feel natural, especially on the right hand side where I'll eventually add some material folding over that edge