Throne of Skulls March 2013 (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

With the Throne of Skulls March tickets for next year on sale today. Is anyone going to be taken part?

I will be going with my Iron Warriors. Not sure what I will do army list wise, one idea to possibe try get the Daemonic Axe for my Chaos Lord. Beyound that I enjoy both the list I use in ToS Oct (my 5th ed list) & the army list I use in ToS Nov (drop a unit of Terminators for a Heldrake).

I look forward getting back down to Warhammer World & the Throne of Skulls event after this year lot ^_^

IP

I'm going. First GW event for a few years as I used to enjoy the old GTs. I have no idea what I'm taking just yet but I have a feeling it's either Dark Angels (I have a pile of them to assemble) or back to Daemons as they were fun under 5th.

I'm a bit worried about my Honour Guard being illegal due to heads being sourced from another company.

But I do want to attend mind. Looks like my Marines will not be able to attend... *sigh*

Looking at the rules pack then I think they will be illegal, however it would be interesting to see if any of the refs spot them. It's also interesting to see that they are clamping down on proxy models but I'm guessing it stops things like people using WFB spider riders as fiends.

Anyway, how many Honor Guard do you have! Surely you should be able to paint some more up in three months

Only three needed, but I alreay have 5 axe armed models, now 3 spear armed models and without a new edition Codex I am loath to put the time and money into building any new Honour Guard.

Besides, I am proud of how they look. :)

Really though, it is a disappointing ruling since I have seen some great armies out there; Imperial Guard armies themed on Star Wars springs to mind. To see them disappear because of this ruling is horrible!

Really though, it is a disappointing ruling since I have seen some great armies out there; Imperial Guard armies themed on Star Wars springs to mind. To see them disappear because of this ruling is horrible!

I know what you mean but I think the main reason they are doing it is down to the Hobbit. I mean they make a specific example about Moria Goblins, so I think as part of the licence for making models for the films, New Line have said that the models need to be the right ones in public events.

You could always email them to find out, or just say they are converted from bits and green stuff to look like ones from another company (because you liked the look).

Myself and at least 3 friends are going, bought our tickets yesterday.

I'll be bringing chaos (unless I can't paint them in time and then I'll bring my Draigowing), while my friends shall be bring greyknights/imperial guard, Angels sanguine and orks.

Dark Angels for me, my mates are bringing necrons, space wolves, eldar and dark eldar. Having to buy more models to bulk out my army though and give it an edge. Anyone got somewhere to stay yet? Me and some friends need a fairly cheap hotel to stay at in notts?

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to go but aint got the money to ;) when is the next one and how many points is it?

All Throne of Skulls event dates & date the ticket go on sale can be found by here

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...p;aId=18500077a

May & July are the next two day Throne of Skulls events, June ToS is a single day event. They are 1500pts for Warhammer 40,000 & 2000pts for Warhammer Fantasy.

IP

Myself and my friend Matt will be there, with some brand new ultramarines and some templars respectively. Looking forward to it massively however I've got a lot to build and paint before then!

Myself and my friend Matt will be there, with some brand new ultramarines and some templars respectively. Looking forward to it massively however I've got a lot to build and paint before then!

I've still got a lot to paint too (and still gotta assemble a few...).

Currently Mechwarrior online is taking up my time (and that sorta rhymed :) ).

But I shall get to it, and even if they aren't painted brilliantly they shall be painted enough to take part in a tournament oh yes they will!

Our little group (4 of us) usually head down to warhammer world on the friday, getting there around lunch time for some drinking and gaming before the main event (also any last minute painting heh).

I'm looking forward to getting started on my army so I can knock some units off my to do list! (It's just so long at the moment!!!!)

Haha, we're doing something similar, I think there's either 3 or 4 of us going down (one plays those dirty necrons!) on the friday evening so that we're fresh (or not as the case may be after a few drinks) for the saturday!

Also with regards to the none-GW heads, I don't think that's an issue, the "only GW and FW miniatures" was more for the model as a whole? as long as the models are majority GW there's no reason why you can't put different heads on them?

It not Throne of Skulls unless your painting to the very last few moment.

I will need to try get a few games with my army list. Going to take the army list I took to ToS Nov, but going to try change a few things to give my Chaos Lord the Axe of Blind fury to help give him a bit more of a edge in combat - possible 11 attack on the charge & so he can strike that I5 in combat.

IP

• 2 weeks later...
Just for those interested; I called the events team and they confirmed, with regret my models were unacceptable. However they explained things nicely and suggested how I can make alternatives, so I might get a mate who's good at modelling to make me some plumed helmets for a replacement in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hotel all book now.  Can't belive it just a month & a bit away until Throne of Skulls March.  I recently added a new Heldrake & a Rhino to my Iron Warriors force so there somthing new model wise.  Also got another Chaos Marine, Terminator & Obliterators to convert & painted, but they will get converted/painted near the event :D

Me & my friend Scott should be down in Warhammer World on the Friday before the event to try get some games in & also to get some food from bugman bar.

I currently have my lord almost finished, and my plagues undercoated. that is all. Really need to get a move on heh, but at least I know my paint scheme works for my plagues (tested it out on the lord) so it will be kinda quick to finish my 14 plaguemarines... I hope :D

My friends and I should be getting to WW around 2-3pm, for food, drinking and playing of course :D

Which hotel is everybody staying in? I'm trying to decide wherever to drive each day or stay overnight

It'll be a bit of a mission to drive to and from Dudley every day!  M6 and M42 are a nightmare in rush hour (I know, I've used them more often than I'd have cared to, and live quite near them both <_< ), the cost of the petrol alone would be better spent in a hotel ^_^

Which hotel is everybody staying in? I'm trying to decide wherever to drive each day or stay overnight

It'll be a bit of a mission to drive to and from Dudley every day! M6 and M42 are a nightmare in rush hour (I know, I've used them more often than I'd have cared to, and live quite near them both dry.png ), the cost of the petrol alone would be better spent in a hotel happy.png

Too be fair it's about the same cost petrol wise and it's not a big drive (1hr20). Big plus point is it'll be nice and clear on a saturday and sunday at the times I'll be drive!

Had a few people mention the P&J hotel. Has anybody stayed there?

Archived