Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

My eyes just melted (being a "good" guy and all that).

Your conceptualization work is just stunning. It's really difficult to find adequate words to describe how superlative your vision is.

This thread is a manifestation of what the hobby side of our pursuit is all about.

Thank you for sharing.

When I see your Data Daemons concepts, I imagine that the Daemons are only partially present, with the streamers extending chaotically from the unfinished portions, as if they're in the act of being fabricated from the Warp by streams of data.

My eyes just melted (being a "good" guy and all that).

Your conceptualization work is just stunning. It's really difficult to find adequate words to describe how superlative your vision is.

This thread is a manifestation of what the hobby side of our pursuit is all about.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm flattered. Thank you for the wonderful comment. :)

praetorians.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a heresy Mechanicus army but the fact that there are no weapon upgrades is kind of putting me off. I was just wondering what you used for the gun on the far right model.

Fenris Kid

I believe if I am seeing right that is a gauss blaster (not sure if that is the right name) from the Necron Immortals. Great models GuitarRasmus been a big fan of your stuff since the beginning of your Death Guard army, can't wait to see these guys painted and all prepped up!

I've loved every conversion you have made for this army and have been resisting the lure of Chaos that your work has started.  I am doubly impressed by the Exorcists Captain that you have made.  I have always tried to imagine what such a massive astartes would look like since reading about him in the IA 10 book.  Your work truly has done justice to the description and your friend is one very lucky man.  

I have only one word to describe your work ... YOINK!!!

I'm totally stealing that Helbrute idea (the non-penitent one), and perhaps the defiler and Helldrake too. I'm trying to go for a nice mix of marines, cultists, mutants/beastmen, daemons and dark mech for my new Chaos army, and most of the stuff I wanted to do didn't feel right for my Iron Warriors.

What is the Dark Mechanicus and what codex will you be using for them? 

Wow this is awesome. I love the conversions you did. Since I have no idea what DM is and what codex you use, I might try something like this too if I knew what they were. 

What is the Dark Mechanicus and what codex will you be using for them?

Wow this is awesome. I love the conversions you did. Since I have no idea what DM is and what codex you use, I might try something like this too if I knew what they were.

Thanks! The Dark Mechanicus is the chaos equivalent of Adeptus Mechanicus - basically AdMech turned traitor. Lots of background for them on Lexicanum and 40kpedia. I'm using the CSM codex, since there's lots of daemon engines, and the daemonic rules gives them the right feel.

Wow, that has just improved that model by at least 666% msn-wink.gif

I've just had to pick my jaw up off the floor after looking through this thread jawdrop.gif absolutely phenomenal work!

Thanks a lot - I'm also quite fond of the new forgefiend. :)

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I have noticed is how many school teachers are in the hobby...like me. I am a teacher AND the Gaming Club (ccg, board and table top only) sponsor!

OK, enough high jacking...

As always, these minis are SICK the best single word I can think of to describe them is Nightmarish!

Keep up the good work on the table top and in the class room too!

Oh, and a conversion of Silas Alberec, an ogryn sized space marine captain of the Excorcists chapter, which I've made for a buddy thats starting an army of them:

silas3.jpg

silas4.jpg

silas5.jpg

How in the warp did you do the torso on this guy? Looks brilliant. Did you use anything for a base, or was is just a ball of greenstuff?

-Tarvik

Oh, and a conversion of Silas Alberec, an ogryn sized space marine captain of the Excorcists chapter, which I've made for a buddy thats starting an army of them:

silas3.jpg

silas4.jpg

silas5.jpg

How in the warp did you do the torso on this guy? Looks brilliant. Did you use anything for a base, or was is just a ball of greenstuff?

-Tarvik

Thanks! It was just a ball of greenstuff/milliput (brilliant to work with, 2/3 milliput to 1/3 greenstuff), with the collar lifted from a GK termi.

This stuff is totally unreal, full of admiration for you Rasmus. I have a new favourite thread!

I've loved the Dark Mechanicus ever since drooling over John Blanche's concept art in the Horus Heresy art book. On that point, I think that solves your colour scheme dilemma with ease - simply study the macabre palette of John Blanche and apply it to your creations, trying to convey the blend of oil, blood, and medieval metallics he uses to give the Dark Mechanicus such an unsettling, macabre feel.

I did my best to mimic it, however ineptly, on my Death Guard (see sig), and I'm sure it would work for these conversions too.

Can't wait for more!

• 3 months later...
Fantastic work, I only discovered this thread today and got extremely excited as I was about to start work on a dark mechanicus army for the sane reasons as you I simply love the demon engines, I am in the process of making a delaemon Prince out of a dreasknighy, However I may cancel the plan of dark mechanicus now as this work is just amazing and I doubt I can compete

Archived