Sometimes Excessus does hobby things...

Excessus

Cell #379

"It is the slow knife that cuts the deepest"

-quotation from ancient vigilante imagos document.

With all the gorgeous CSM releases this year, and the ETL coming up soon, it seems that a part of my Alpha Legion cell #379 has finally returned from their mission into the Eye of Terror. Corrupted and weary, but with new allies and equipment, the Preator of cell #379, Felix Jaeger "The Eternal" again commands the cell in person. Morale is high, and "the plan" moves into it's next phase. With all these new things, I decided to start a new WIP thread as I have mostly retired my old stuff...

...and what have I been doing since the release of Shadowspear? I have built...stuff...

Chief apothecary of cell #379, "Dr." Zed.

gallery_61265_13297_15886.jpg

Warpsmith Theta-5702

gallery_61265_13297_11827.jpg

Exalted Champion Orrin Zahl, former sergeant of tactical squad sigma during the heresy.

gallery_61265_13297_34264.jpg

Characters are fun, and there are more coming...

...but in other news, squads!

Lernaean Terminator squad (with volkites, counts as twin bolters):

gallery_61265_13297_39924.jpg

CSM squad with plasmas:

gallery_61265_13297_96786.jpg

That's all so far...more to come. I'll be keeping track of my ETL vows in here and just generally my chaos stuff...

Okay, I love that Dark Apostle. I'm so stealing that idea for my Dark Angels (Master of Signal for the 30k version, Lieutenant or Master for the 40k version)

Edited by Gederas

Thanks guys! :) There are going to be a truckload of "standard" guys as well because the models themselves are awesome, but I dislike duplicates so that's gonna change quickly, hehe

@Custom Hero: As soon as I saw the havoc set, the cogs in my head started to turn, and the same with the executioner model. The "apostle" I have wanted to do since they released the GSC kit (though I had to improvise his two friends)! I had a vague idea about what I wanted to do in my head and it just built up from there with a lot of rummaging through bits boxes... :P

@Gederas: Steal away mate, can't wait to see the result!

Thanks guys! :smile.: There are going to be a truckload of "standard" guys as well because the models themselves are awesome, but I dislike duplicates so that's gonna change quickly, hehe

@Custom Hero: As soon as I saw the havoc set, the cogs in my head started to turn, and the same with the executioner model. The "apostle" I have wanted to do since they released the GSC kit (though I had to improvise his two friends)! I had a vague idea about what I wanted to do in my head and it just built up from there with a lot of rummaging through bits boxes... :tongue.:

@Gederas: Steal away mate, can't wait to see the result!

Will do. I just need to know, how'd you deal with the Nexos' hand being molded onto the holo-table? Can we get a shot of what you did for that?

Tried getting a picture of it for you but the GS is too flaky and you couldn't actually see anything worthwhile. It has been annoying me from the moment I finished it and it's probably gonna be re-done a bit better before I paint it. I'll take a picture of it when it's done properly...

But what I did was basically build up a marine glove with GS on top of the hand. He's turning a knob and I wanted to have that in the model. The GSC guy's hand is long and gnarly and actually is good proportions for a marine hand.

Don't make my mistake and do the whole posing thing and fitting the hand to the arm in one sitting! :) I basically did him in an evening when I was tired but I was too into "the zone" to leave it to dry... :P

Tried getting a picture of it for you but the GS is too flaky and you couldn't actually see anything worthwhile. It has been annoying me from the moment I finished it and it's probably gonna be re-done a bit better before I paint it. I'll take a picture of it when it's done properly...

But what I did was basically build up a marine glove with GS on top of the hand. He's turning a knob and I wanted to have that in the model. The GSC guy's hand is long and gnarly and actually is good proportions for a marine hand.

Don't make my mistake and do the whole posing thing and fitting the hand to the arm in one sitting! :smile.: I basically did him in an evening when I was tired but I was too into "the zone" to leave it to dry... :tongue.:

Ahhh, okay. I was planning on removing the Nexos' hand entirely and replacing it with one of the spare Devastator open-ish left hands I have, or this one random metal marine hand that can be bent to shape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really love what you have done with the model: Getting rid of those tacky bone shoulder pads does wonders for the overall look! This also strikes me as a great starting point for a Fabius Bile conversion -- actually, your model is almost there.

I also really like the look you have managed on the skin. Excellent work all around! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, it's all coming along nice and slow (emphasis on slow).

I started on my termies now...

gallery_61265_13297_29574.jpg

Wierd light, they have the same colour on their blue as Dr. Zed before...

Edited by Excessus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...