+++ FROM RAGE TO SALVATION+++

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/40k%20art/Blood_Angel_Librarian.jpg

OVERVIEW

Welcome to "From Rage to Salvation" the Blood Angels's painting event!

We all have that half complete army, the squad you always wanted to expand, the Death Company jump squad that was left half-done. The Librarium Painting Competition and the E Tenebrae Lux built on that with competitive incentives by challenging the other forums. There are many who did not participate, other’s who failed their vows and even more did not vow as much as they had hoped to. The "From Rage To Salvation" will provide us with a incentive to complete our half done projects.

This is simple, low level event that I hope will allow us to complete our old projects and start new ones at a time when the Blood Angels needs both enthusiasm and loyalty.

RULES

• Duration: 3 months from September 1st to November 30th, 2013. Participants can join at any time during the life of the event.
  • Entry requirements: As this is a Blood Angels event, participants must pledge Blood Angels (or Successors) units from any system covered by B&C. So 40k, Forge World (Horus Heresy & Imperial Armour lists), Epic, BFG are all welcome! Models can be at any state of completion when entered, from completely unpainted to almost done!
  • Re-vowing: If participants have achieved their target before the end of the 3-month period they can pledge again.

AWARDS:

If participants have achieved their target before the end of the 3-month period they can pledge again. If at the end of the 3-month period they have completed ALL their pledges they'll get the IRATUS DOMINUS badge. If not they have failed Sanguinius and may carry the badge of CARCERES IRA!

Behold and feast your eyes on the:

IRATUS DOMINUS

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/40k%20art/gallery_52275_4552_20046.png

And the:

CARCERES IRA

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/40k%20art/gallery_52275_4552_22336.png

The award is won, and may be carried, when completing a vow but lost if any vow's are incomplete by the end of November.

Who will shine the most in this display of loyalty to our Primarch and Legion?

The Angelic Host.

SnorriSnorrison.
A Reclusiarch, a Stormraven Gunship, 2 Sanguinary Priests and a unit of Death Company.  Completed

Gondow.
Mephiston, Libby in Termy armour and a Tactical squad. Completed
5 Sternguard. Completed
5 Death Company.Completed

Xmercx.
Furioso Dreadnought w/ Frag cannon and heavy flamer. +1. Completed
One Drop Pod.Completed
5 Death Company.Completed
5 Death Company and a Chaplain. Completed
Captain Tycho. Completed

Mandaloriano.
A Death Company, a Tactical Squad and a scout squad. Incoming

Taranis.
10 Scouts and 10 Assault Marines. Completed
A lamenter Captain.
Completed

Axun.
Two full RAS. Incoming

Gydeon.
Two Bikes, Three Steeds a piece. Incoming

Sockwithaticket.
5 Assault Marines and 1 Reclusiarch. Completed

Jiron.
A Scout Squad +1. Incoming

Wolf_Pack.
10 Sternguard, 5 Tactical Terminators and 10 Assault Marines. Completed

Father Mapple.
1 Reclusiarch, Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost, Astorath the Grim, a Stormraven and 7 Death Company. Incoming

Captain BrightBlade.
Two five man devastator squads, A Baal predator, a chaplain, Librarian, a 10 man assault squad, and two priests with jump packs. Incoming

redhorse.
Storm raven, two Predators, two librarians and a drop pod. Incoming

Vorganov.
Assault Squad, Sanguinary Priest and Flesh Teares Terminator Squad. Incoming

MadGreek.
A squad of Sanguinary Guard.Completed
Captain Straton. Completed

FashaTheDog.
One Terminator Librarian. Completed

Phadeout.
2 Assault bikes with multi-meltas. Incoming

Crusader Bob.
A Death Company Squad.Completed
The Sanguinor and Astorath the Grim. Completed
Commander Dante and Captain Tycho. Completed

Brother Maxwell.
5 man Devestator Squad. 1 Reclusiarch with Jump Pack and 1 Storm Raven. Incoming

The Milkman Of Baal.
A Games Day Cpt, a Stormraven Gunship, 5 man Vanguard Squad, 10 man Dev squad and finish 1x 10 man tac squad, 1x 5 man dc bolter and a Landraider. Completed

Pyro X.
A Reclusiarch and to finish a death company dreadnaught and DC Rhino.Completed

Zynk Kaladin.
Finish the badges and build Lucian, 2nd company captain. Completed
4 Death Company marines. Incoming

Jolemai.
One Stormraven and one Bolterback. Incoming

Stonedog.
A Librarian, Two 5 man Squads of Assault Brothers and Two Sanguinary Priests. Incoming

SevenExxes.
An Honour Guard and Stormraven. Incoming

Kanis.
5 Sternguard, Astorath the Grim and a Rhino. Completed

Jakbal.
a unit of Sanguinary Guard, Captain Tycho and a Blood Angels Chaplain.Incoming

Res Ipsa Loquitur.
Chief Librarian Mephiston, Lord of Death. Incoming

Papa Lazarou.
One Baal Predator. Completed

T4play.
Three Baal Predators. Completed

BLOOD ANGELS, UNLEASH THE RAGE!

Edited by Jolemai
Tags

I have lived far longer than I should have. My soul should have
departed from my ancient body and joined the Great Angel in oblivion,
but the future holds events that even the greatest psykers, my
brother Mephiston among them, cannot foretell.

It is said that a figure in gleaming gold shall stand before the Emperor
in the Imperium's darkest hour, and fight to defend the Golden Throne
and the Lord of Men who sits upon it.

If it were not for this, I would be prepared to sacrifice myself on the
field of battle as my time has lasted longer than it should have. But
this approaching final fight keeps the flame burning in my spirit. I
have stared death in the face a thousand times, but it seems I am not
to die until my destiny has been fulfilled.

I am Dante, Master of the Blood Angels, Lord of the Cursed.

The light of the system's nearest sun glinted off the flank of Bloodcaller, a Battle Barge of the renowned
Blood Angels Chapter. Patrolling the Baal system was one of the most
important tasks the Blood Angels fleet performed, and even if enemy
contact was extremely unlikely the Astartes remained alert and ready,
expecting the unexpected every moment of every hour, never relaxing
and always expecting bloodshed; such is the life of a Space Marine.
It is their purpose, the reason for which they exist: to kill.

But the noble Blood Angels share a level of empathy with the common man
of the Imperium that no other Chapter can boast. Their flaws, their
innate failings, remind them of the sanctity of life and serve as a
reminder that their place in the galaxy is not permanent. It is
humbling knowing that you and your brothers will slowly succumb to an
innate flaw. Their imperfections and their fight to control them make
them the most admirable of the Space Marines.

Just like the humble man has to fight just for survival in the cold, dark
Universe of the 40th Millennium, that Blood Angels have to constantly
battle their innermost desires in order to stay sane, lest they cast
themselves into the depths of madness and condemn themselves to a
life of insanity.

Their Primarch, the Great Angel, was unique amongst the Primarchs in that
he didn't care solely about his strategies, tactics and concern
himself only with the fighting in the present. He fought for a time
of peace and prosperity after the Great Crusade had ended, it is both
ironic and deeply saddening that he was struck down shortly before
the Imperium quelled the Horus Heresy and the nearest thing to peace
settled over the galaxy since before the Age of Strife.

Ten thousand years after their beloved Primarch was struck down the Blood
Angels still fight in his name, still cry his name in battle, and
still devote their victories to his memory.

Today, the Blood Angels would need all the strength they could muster from
their Primarch's lessons. Soon they would stare into oblivion.

“My Lord, a sizeable warp storm has come into being 400 miles north of
our position. I'm picking up thousands of entities.

Mephiston met Dante's gaze, and at once read his expression.

"It's him. Ka'Bandha."

Dante, realising the situation, stared deeply into Mephiston's eyes, looking for an glimmer of hope or optimism. There was none.

The Lord of the Blood Angels slowly turned his head, and once more gazed out into the nothingness ahead of him. Out there was the creature which would herald the end of days.

"We will stop him. Our Primarch achieved it in Man's darkest days."

Mephiston retorted; "we no longer have the strength of a Primarch at our side."

Dante turned sharply. "He lives on within every single one of us, we are tied to him by blood.

In your name, Sanguinius, we shall smite this Daemon once more. We shall send him to oblivion.

Blood Angels, we go to war once again."

Story and storyline by Brother teblin.

Edited by Taranis

I, SnorriSnorrison of the proud Blood Angels, vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present a Reclusiarch and to finish a Stormraven Gunship as well as 2 Sanguinary Priests and a unit of Death Company before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. May Sanguinius guide my paint brush.

Snorri

I, Gondow of the proud Flesh Tearers, vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present a:
Mephiston

Libby in Termy armour (with hand, both of the gun options and out of vow a Storm shield. since I have only a vague idea on how to make it)

A Tactical squad Illegal one at that, plasmagun and flamer, old metal ones :smile.:  (yes its a "extra" squad that's mostly for proxy or "I need more dudes")

before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. May Sanguinius guide my paint brush.

2013-09-01%252020.58.37.jpg

edit to follow the great example of Snorri!

Edited by Gondow

I, Xmercx of the Nova Angels (working title for my succesor chapter), vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present a:
Furioso Dreadnought w/ Frag cannon and heavy flamer

1 Assault Marine w/ flamer (and mag'ed so I can swap for a plasma gun or melta gun) 

(it is what's on my painting desk atm)

before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

pics as always:  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256750-mercs-madness/page-4

Looking good guys. :)

I'll be keeping a log.

With that in mind I'll remind that only codex legal units/entries will be counted. That shouldn't keep you from doing or displaying "army list illegal projects"though. :)

We're here to help each other getting stuff done story wise and painting wise. :yes:

Edited by Taranis

I,Taranis, proud son of the IX legion hereby vow to complete and present 10 scouts and 10 assault marines before the 1st of December.

I, Mandaloriano of the proud Angels Encarmine, vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and our Primogenitor Legion to paint and present a Death Company, a Tactical Squad and a scout squad before the 30th of November.

You could see my progess in the following link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271584-angels-encarmine-wip/?do=findComment&comment=3309403

This has come around at a good time. I was just starting up a new assault squad, mostly in pieces, but a couple of splashes of paint here and there. Will have a look-see, but a Jump Chappy plus 5 man RAS should be a good start.

Sounds good. Here paint not a problem. As stated in the opening post models/units can be in almost any state of completion.:)

@ Mandaloriano. The more the merrier.:yes:

If there are any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by Taranis

I, Axun of the proud Sanguine Lords (diy chapter), vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present two full RAS before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. May Sanguinius guide my paint brush

Longtime lurker. Figured I'd jump in and contribute.

@Axun. Welcome into the light. :) The best part for me with painting/modeling challenges is when new brothers join in. Only The Emperor knows how much geneseed is in the vaults. The battle brothers that remain and those new that emerge are beacons of light for the future of our legion/chapters.....

@ Captain Semper. Thanks.:) I'm hardly alone in this. teblin and Zynk Kaladin are a great support.

I sure hope to see the Blood Angels Legion regain some of their vitality and optimism in this grim, dark period of difficulties.

Well as the last few words of my short story project hit the page, I think I shall join in on this with a vow of my own. Though as my codex and army are out of arms reach, I'll have to edit this post with the oath later on today. Placeholder ho!

EDIT: First Vow. I'm going to start out small and progress upwards thereafter.

I, Gydeon of the proud Blood Angels, vow on the honour of the Primarch
Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present a two Bike
Squads (Three Steeds a piece.) before the 30th of November. I will
present pictures of my progress in this forum. I vow to bear the
CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge.
May Sanguinius guide my paint brush.

I will update the thread I used for the ETL painting competion in order to keep track of my progress.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275575-gydeons-vow-wip-thread-picture-heavy-repurposed/?p=3373162

Edited by Gydeon

As master of recruits for the Crimson Tears I send forward 5 assault marines ( w/ meltagun and lightning claw) and 1 Reclusiarch (w/ jump pack and powerfist) with a combined total of  305 points to be completed on or before the 30th of November or shame the chapter and it's proud tradition.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/9/3/534189_sm-.JPG

I, Jiron of the proud Flesh Tearers, vow on the honour of Chapter Master Seth to paint and present Scout Squad and my one last remaining tactical marine with flamer before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. We are WRATH!

I sure hope to see the Blood Angels Legion regain some of their vitality and optimism in this grim, dark period of difficulties.

Blind, unrelenting optimism is my middle name!

I'll throw out a vow here when I get home.  To be honest this morning something possessed me to gaze upon my models and I was consumed with a burning desire to resume where I left off.

Looking forward to seeing your vow, Brother. :)

@ sockwithaticket, Jiron and Wolf_pack. Good to see the Angelic Host gain potential.

First post updated with participants and forces.

Edited by Taranis

School kept me from all the previous painting events, and I get results in November, so this is perfectly timed!

I, Father Mapple of the successor chapter, the Blood Suns, vow on the honour of our beloved Primarch Sanguinius, to paint the following by November 30th:

1 Reclusiarch with normal backpack.

1 Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost Model
1 Astorath the Grim model.

1 Stormraven with hurricane botler sponsons, in our death company colors of white and black.

7 more of our Death Company with bolters and 1 powerfist

A total of 895 points.

I will present pictures of my progress in the following topic that logs my other hobby progress: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/270083-father-mapples-blood-suns-chapter-work-log/?do=findComment&comment=3290450 , and final completed pictures in this topic as well.

Should I fail at this pledge, I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature. May the fading light of the Emperor and Sanguinius still guide my hands.

I Captain BrightBlade vow to paint two five man devastator squads, A Baal predator, a chaplain, Librarian, a 10 man assault squad, and

two priests with jump packs;  before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

blood angels project

I, a humble soldier of the ninth legio, vow to complete the following: an in progress storm raven, two Predators, two librarians and a drop pod. Additionally, I vow to finish painting OSL effects on all 20 of my jump marines.

If I fail to meet this task then I shall wear the badge of shame.