Really love the custodes models, but that cape isn't standard, right? Still looks freaking cool.

The cape does come from the Custodes kit, however there's only of them on the sprue when the sprue makes 5 Custodes... it annoys me

Damn that's sad. I think a whole squad with capes would look great.

Really love the custodes models, but that cape isn't standard, right? Still looks freaking cool.

The cape does come from the Custodes kit, however there's only of them on the sprue when the sprue makes 5 Custodes... it annoys me

Yeah, tell me about it... I need to find a way to get or make more..

[Pict Capture Fragmentary Upload]

gallery_24723_8979_658293.jpg

[Pict Capture XXX/X/+++Corruption+++Corruption]

3rd Echelon Tactical Section Rendezvous with Soroitas Silentium and Legio Custodes forces during the psychic assault of the [Redacted] Legiones Astartes. Note: Analysis indicates the Soroitas Silentium Oblivion Knight commanding.

gallery_24723_8979_59722.jpg

[Pict Capt+++Corruption+++Corruption+++Corruption]

Note: Legion Data Records indicate the above Legionary is Scourge-Commander Kaius of the Excoriation Cadre assigned to the 7th Regiment. Further research required. Service Record Extract (12 Censures Unlisted, 21 Valorus Conduct Awards Unlisted):

Lauded for Unusual Valor, 954.M30

Marked for Censure - Unsanctioned Execution of Prisoners,956.M30

Marked for Censure - Unsanctioned Use of Phosphex on Non-Combatants, 963.M30

Lauded for Bravery, Awarded Veterans Cross, 965.M30

Marked for Censure and Corporal Punishment - Negligence Resulting in Allied Casualties (XIII Legion), 989.M30

Demoted to Legionary, 989.M30

Reassigned to Excoriation Corps, 989.M30

Lauded for Bravery, 990.M30

Promoted to Scourge-Sergeant, 991.M30

Promoted to Scourge-Commander, 995.M30

Note: Record indicate in 955.M30, Kaius was on of the few survivors of the ill-fated 731st Exeditionary Fleet. Remnant humans held as captives by ork warlords were used to draw the Fleet into an ambush that resulted in the loss of the strike vessel Solar Victrix. Kaius was held as a labor slave by the orks for four months before Imperial Forces liberated the camps.

There's always a way to make more bits.

Matt, I friggin love that Moritat! He just exudes a sense of dreads and calm.. 

There's always a way to make more bits.

Issue is they're capes. and kind of finicky in their design. I've tried my hand personally with making my own bases (with some success) for my Kingdom Death: Monster project, but I don't know if I could make the capes using my basic Allumilite kit.

Damn, that's a fine Moritat. Best conversion of the Ultramarine Standard Bearer I've seen so far.

Oh, and Noctus, it looks like the picture of your Custodes broke, just as an aside.

Thanks for that heads up, mate. Fixed it.

+++Operation Fury: Part I+++

Summary: After the breaching of the palace walls and the grueling crawl of urban combat in the Kali Gandaki district, Battlegroup Rohr was able to mount a significant counter-assault to halt the XIIth Legion advance towards Gate 12, a beta-class sally port capable of allowing all but the largest god-engines of the Mechanicum access to the inner palatine precincts. The assault, code named Operation Fury, lasted seven days before the loyalists were forced to withdraw in the face of IVth and XVIth Legion reinforcements. In spite of the withdrawal, it was one of the rarer victories during the hellish war for the Throneworld.

[Pict Capture Data Inload Begins]

+Reichsguard Imperial Auxilia+

gallery_24723_8979_53935.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2001]

Description: Reichsguard Auxilia use a Baneblade as cover from enfilading fire from windows.

gallery_24723_8979_878023.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2002]

Description: Reichsguard and Super-Heavy Tank advance down capillary access road during the opening stage of the counter-assault.

gallery_24723_8979_114367.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2003]

Description: Reichsguard Auxilia run alongside a storefront in the market precinct.

gallery_24723_8979_490262.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2004]

Description: Reichsguard Auxilia cautiously move through a habitation tower.

gallery_24723_8979_340756.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2005]

Description: Reichsguard Auxilia Squad advances down an alleyway under traitor Auxilia heavy weapons fire.

gallery_24723_8979_168075.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2006]

Description: Reichsguard Auxilia wear fully enclosed, but unarmored, enviormental suits. Instead a simple rear and front strike plate carrier is worn underneath the ubiquitous great coat. The Auxiliaries carry locally produced lascarbines and each assault trooper carriers various grenades and close combat weapons.

+Gryphonne Octad Tech-Guard Auxilia+

gallery_24723_8979_48760.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2007]

Description: Tech-Guard Auxilia disembark from Auxiliary Rhino Transport. Note: The Gryphonne Octad Tech-Guard Auxilia had access to a variety of STC vehicles, notably Rhino and Leman Russ Chassis.

gallery_24723_8979_126856.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2008]

Description: Tech-Guard Auxilia Squad move to rendezvous with Legio Cybernetica Battle-Automata Cohort.

gallery_24723_8979_560626.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2009]

Description: The Tech-Guard Auxilia wear standard Martian Warplate, and are equipped with a Gryphonne IV variant Galvanic Rifle meant for mass distribution to the Auxilia Regiments.

+High Command+

gallery_24723_8979_979075.jpg

[Pict Capture 714/B2-100-4-2009]

Description: Lord Marshal Leberecht, commander of the 714th Imperial Army Group, meets with an unknown Oblivion Knight during Operation Fury. A task force of Legio Custodes and Soritas Silentium assisted Battlegroup Rohr in combating the psychic mutants employed by the traitors as living weapons to open gateways to release their warp-dwelling xenos allies. Bound and gagged, the World Eaters would drag these mutants into battle behind shield bearing legionaries before applying pain in various and unusual ways to cause a rupture in space-time, spilling uncountable warp creations out to attack the loyalists. Only the deployment of the Sisters of Silence could effectively combat these breaches with minimal losses, waves of the creatures evaporating before their advance like waves on the bow of a ship. Also Pictured: Reconnaissance Auxiliary from the famous Reichsguard Panzergrenadier Regiments, relaying intelligence to the Lord Marshal.

+++Operation Fury: Part II+++

+Imperial Fists+

[Data File Codes Redacted]

gallery_24723_8979_130313.jpg

Description: Combined Legiones Astartes and Hands of the Emperor assault on warp creature incursion

gallery_24723_8979_302009.jpg

Description: Talons of the Emperor

gallery_24723_8979_356249.jpg

Description: The Terminators of the 1st Assault Echelon, 187th Company break into a charge during the fight in the market precinct. XIIth Legion Red Butcher units deployed.

gallery_24723_8979_221152.jpg

Description: Legionaries of 3rd Echelon's tactical section move across the wreckage of a destroyed transport craft. The air war over the palace was intense, and burning debris from the sky and void wars littered the Palace Precincts.

gallery_24723_8979_186335.jpg

Description: Tactical Legionaries and a Vindicator Siege Tank of the 3rd Legion Armored Division during an attack on traitor auxilia defensive lines. Note: Two rapid inductii in Mark IV war plate.

gallery_24723_8979_447136.jpg

Description: Shield bearing Legionaries of the 3rd Echelon's assault section make ready to receive a charge by XIIth Legion elite vanguard units.

gallery_24723_8979_82516.jpg

Pictured Center: Lieutenant Veidt, rank noted by the smaller transverse crest, leads the assault section in a shield charge against the World Eater Heavy Support positions.

gallery_24723_8979_817440.jpg

Description: Lieutenant Veidt, VIIth Legion Hospitallar, and members of the Assault Section

gallery_24723_8979_500115.jpg

Description: Members of the Tactical Section

Hi, I've been lurking for a while but after seeing your Custodes I thought I'd ask which legs you used for it? Ive already got fifteen, and am getting another ten soon so I kind of want some variation if you could help me out? Loving the little bio's by the way

gallery_25301_10678_106743.png

+ 51st Jovian Grenadier Cohort +

gallery_25301_10678_38963.jpg

[Data File Codes Redacted] - Jovian Auxilaries seen here training within the confines of a sim-gallery. Curiously, these line soldiers are missing their distinctive environmental harnesses, due to unknown circumstance.

Goddamn, *SO* much sexy Militia goodness going on in this thread right now. Need to get back on my Militia project.

Oh, and Rohr, those are the best looking Phalanx Warders I've ever seen. I had a suspiciously similar idea to do some... may have to act on it soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived