Brotherhood of the Angels 2014

Question: All three of the entries that have been submitted so far follow the same basic structure that is outlined in the first post. Is this a definite requirement, or are we allowed to deviate in terms of structure as long as we cover the relevant information? I ask this because, as usual, my DIY chapter development has focused more on the story of the chapter.

Ideally, the Inner Circle would like to keep the structure for a little bit of consistency but as long as the relevant information is included it is acceptable.

In some ways, I would like to think of this as a stepping off point to write some fan fiction about the Successors of the Dark Angels. I have come to that unfortunate part of my life that I can't remember which rules are in effect anymore. But I remember the rich background set up back ... Emperor's Throne ... 20 years for me (1993). This is now the realm in which I dwell. To create stories within this rich background that will hopefully inspire others.

Yes, we used BBcodes a lot in the 2012 Competition. Since Shadow Guard is going to convert them into PDF's as a prize. I would say be kind to him and do not use them.

Shadow Guard can rescind this if he is up to an additional challenge in the conversion process. But for now, I would like him to take the time to work on his submission before it becomes the monumental task of moving a dreadnought chassis without the pilot.

One question I have: In the Liber Astartes forum we often use text boxes for IA's, such as sidebars, how will that affect our submissions here? Can we include them? Or do you just want quotes/extra information kept in Italics, for example.

Yes, we used BBcodes a lot in the 2012 Competition. Since Shadow Guard is going to convert them into PDF's as a prize. I would say be kind to him and do not use them.

Shadow Guard can rescind this if he is up to an additional challenge in the conversion process. But for now, I would like him to take the time to work on his submission before it becomes the monumental task of moving a dreadnought chassis without the pilot.

Actually i don't mind side bars, text boxes etc as long as I am able to copy paste the text...I'd suggest that you make the side bar text boxes for specific info only...  and not over do it...It'll make your PDF look better... :)

SG

Angels of Revelation

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/Angels_of_Revelation/AOR_engulfed.jpg

Pict capture: Battle in the Valley of Rephaim, before a cataclysmic firestorm swept the entire region.

The survivors labelled the image 'Engulfed'.

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Yet in the process, fills us with hatred.

I, chapter master of the blood hounds, in the name of the Lion, make this oath of moment to submit a complete history of my chapter and it's honoured brothers.         By the way, is it alright to call the lion by his real name Lyyn Elgonsen from first edition?

Edited by blood hounds

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/spacemarine_zps9d224a2c.jpg    (note the marine pictured below is from second company first squad, which is a tactical squad.)                  http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/bloodhoundtechmarine_zps6e4caa5c.jpgtech marinehttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/blooodhoundlibby_zps6a2a9553.jpg  librarian. http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/bloodhoundreconmarine_zpsa46bc851.jpgrecon. http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/bloodhoundmedic_zpsb9f35ab9.jpgmedic.http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/bloodhounddevastator_zps6a433438.jpg devestator.http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/bloodhoundchaplin_zps17136c39.jpg​      Chaplin. http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/bloodhoundassaultmarine_zps9bc65ce2.jpg assalt marine.http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/vet_zps10681190.jpg               (this marine  a vet of fir sstqaud first company)                                       Symbol:                                                                                         http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/BLOODHOUNDSYMBOL_zps5440134b.jpg   Bloodhounds Founding:2nd.            gene-seed: Lynn Elgonsen              Successors of: dark angels       Chapter master: Sakage the reformer.           battle cry: ''for the Imperium for the Primarch and for the chapter!''(Also at the end they howl like a dog .)    Main colours:black and red.          Full strength: 1460 Current: Unknown.         Tactics: the chapter favors Stealth above all else. cameleisoline and refractor fields to all marines.           specialty: close combat and stealth.             Known descendants:    doom angels.           Beliefs: the chapter believes in the protection of humanity above all else and that one day all of the enemies of mankind will one day be destroyed.           Armour:  While they were mostly mk7 armour the blood hound have always been seen wearing mk6 helmets and greaves. the also have special retractable  mono filament 4 inch claws built into their finger tips.                                                  worlds: Kardon: temperate  flat green planet which has on the great grassy plain sits the larger of the 2 chapter monastery's. Ardon: the sister planet to Kardon, which spins in the same orbit and in the largest canyon sits the  the second and smaller chapter monastery.Mostly grey mountains  and jungle.     Here in the ultima segmentum you will see kardonhttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t620/SAKAGE1/Warhammer_40K_Galaxy_Map_by_ikkaan_zps91b8ce44.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                         history: the blood hound are a mysterious chapter indeed all that known about them is that they may be an 2nd founding unforgiven chapter descended from the dark angels charge with hunting down the fallen. Though they are mysterious they are one of the friendliest to normal human around. Whole company of blood hound have been known to sacrifice themselves to protect civilians. It is said that the blood hounds were formed to eliminate all chaos.  Known only to marines of t the space marines attacked the he blood hounds it is said that after the chapters founding the chief apothecary figured out how to make female space marines something the emperor did not want. Respecting the emperors wishes he did not show his finding to the chapter master. Shortly afterwards he was killed trying to save a marine from a chaos terminator. But now his research has surfaced and there are female space marines. Is believed that newest chapter master implemented it after coming across it in the chapter house grand library were all the information that that the blood hounds can find. Weather it be top secret or the random rumors going a round. One my think that only marines of the chapter are allowed in the grand library but in fact the whole chapter house is open to almost everyone. The chapter house is a gigantic fortress that is made to serve as a shelter for   the entire population in times of invasion.The chapter entirely rejects servitors on the basis that robot are not trust worthy and has the ships run by volunteers from the planetary defense forces. And our vehicles run by space marines. Also the chapter frowns upon bionics so much that they go and find heretekhs that know how to regrow flesh promising them protection from the Adeptus Mechanicus. Scouts in the blood hounds wear the full power armour like the rest of the chapter. The chapter also frowns upon removing you helmet in combat. Once the chapter has won a planet from heretics or aliens they fix it to a ultramarine-grade planet. Recruitment: ultramarine style recruitment. when the trainee is 13 he along with 9 other are knocked out and awaken in some harsh terrain on the planet. They are left with a sidle recording that tells them that they are being chased by chaos marines and that the have to evade them and get to the storm raven. Actually the chaos marine are really blood hounds in disguise only shooting them with stun rounds. Enemy's in the empire Administratum Inquisition, Iron Snakes and Storm Wardens Terran sisters (blood hounds can tolerate the non terran sisters beacus they will fix things and would have just killed the flesh tears instead of leaving.) main enemies chaos dark eldar and tyrinnds.                                                                                                                                                                                                Xeno pact: the blood hounds have a pact with Ulthwé and somewhere along the road the blood hounds them to show them how to make better plasma that does not explode.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Battles:  the blood hounds have fought in the 1 4 5 6 8 10 and 13 black crusades they were present when the swooping hawks turned traitor. Also the wear in the babab war fighting alongside the astral claws believing that the high lords of Terra were way over stepping their authority . The blood hound home world has been evaded by both dark elder and tyrninds. The blood hounds were in the battle in which space marines attacked vandire. The blood hound were also at Commorragh when the strike cruiser was captured.                                                                                                                                                                                                               Organisation: 13 squads per company ten man command squads all of fist company ride in storm eagles and the rest of the chapter rides in storm ravens. All squads ride in land raiders. Terminator squads are ten man. 6th is all tactical company 7th all devastator 8th company is all marines with boarding shields and special weapons. And 9th company is all assault. 10th is all sniper squads. And 11th is all vehicles with centurions. Battle company :command squad 6 tactical squads 2 devastator 2 assault squads 2 sniper squads 2 dreadnoughts 4 land speeders 4 leman russes 13 storm ravens 23 thunder hawk transporters 4 thunder hawks 4 storm talons. 4 whirlwinds, 4 predators 2 stalkers and 2 hunters. Squad break down: command 1 captain 1 lieutenant 1 standard bearer 1 company champion 4 apothecaries 1 chaplain 1 tech marine. Tactical 1 sergeant 1 corporal 6 rifle men 1 heavy weapon 1 special weapon. Devastator 1 sergeant 1 corporal 4 rifle men 4 heavy weapons. Assault 1 sergeant 1 corporal 2 special weapons 6 marines with bolt pistols and chain swords. Recon squads 5 marines with sniper rifles and 5 marines with bolters. Centurion: 5 centurions. (notes: all blood hound are recruited for the psychic ability the blood hounds try to get psychic for the whole chapter only really strong physic get to be librarians.) Sergeants and ranks above all wear dog shaped helmets. And corporals get laurels. Red stripe worn by marines and marine officers. White stripe: worn by medics. Blue stripe: worn by librarians. Yellow stripe: worn by tech marines. Black stripe worn by chaplain's . red stripe with blue stripe running through it: worn by veterans.                                         (Notes: In the pictures above it should be noted that red shoulder trim is first company and midnight blue trim is second company.)

Edited by blood hounds

Whoa! Another fast submission!

I would say go ahead with the name but perhaps use it as the founder of the chapter instead of the Primarch. Though I guess with it being such an early founding (2nd?!) it is possible the name was corrupted over the millennia.

I would say go ahead with the name but perhaps use it as the founder of the chapter instead of the Primarch. Though I guess with it being such an early founding (2nd?!) it is possible the name was corrupted over the millennia.

What is wrong with the name? How come every were these guys come up some one says the is something wrong?       (I mean the blood hounds.)

Edited by blood hounds

What is wrong with the name? How come every were these guys come up some one says the is something wrong?

Nothing is wrong with that name. You are very correct in that Lynn Elgonson was the name given to the primarch of the first legion in the Rogue Trader book (WH40 1st edition) ...  WHat you have to remember is that GW has developed, evolved and devolved the back ground story especially with the release of the  HH series of books.

But the universe is a vast place and time changes everything. The background fluff for your DIY chapter is your to create and you can use whichever name you wish.

What GMB was trying to do was to suggest ways in which your own background and story will fit in to the current version of known 40K lore. Based on the currently known history of the 40K and the Dark Angels Legion, at first glance the Bloodhounds' history and name  seems far removed from a second founding Dark Angels chapter. Remember that the second founding was created by splitting the remnants of the original legion. Personally i would make them a further founding.... blurring the whole picture a bit..even the third or fourth.... still giving a long long time for the chapter to evolve down it's own path... Just suggestion for you to consider if you so wish.

However, WELL DONE on submitting the background for this contest. I like the colour scheme... brightens up the dark nature of our legion. :smile.:

SG

Edited by The Shadow Guard

What is wrong with the name? How come every were these guys come up some one says the is something wrong?       (I mean the blood hounds.)

Whoops! Misunderstanding I thought You meant the blood hound name. Not Lyyn Egonsen.:wallbash: :blush.: :tongue.:

Hey I was wondering if it was OK yo attach short story's to our chapter? Thanks!

I think that should be fine..... if it's too long it could be published as a separate file.

Not to be out-done by mods and admins...

gallery_44777_9370_99271.png

I hope to have the actual submission completed soon.

Man, that is just so brilliant. Love the colour scheme and the presentation. :)

SG

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it.

Either nobody noticed that I spelled "Company" wrong, or else you are all far too gracious to have busted my chops about it. Either way, I'm a worm and need to fix that spelling error that I just noticed. :blush.:

Either that or I need to work in some background material about gene-seed degradation that leads to poor spelling.:pirate:

Edited by Brule the Spear-Slayer

:cool.:

I think it got lost in the awesomeness of the overall image.

Well, if that's what I have to tell myself to feel better about such a rookie mistake, I'll take it.:cool.:

Here's a veteran image (one of the Chapter heroes whose exploits will be described):

gallery_44777_9370_178855.png

Yes, I checked the spelling before posting it this time.:rolleyes: