Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

That is Epic, you sir have some increadiable Thousand Suns

Well thank you!

There is something I was tinkering with today I want to share with you, a Terminator Rubric Marine.

Terminator Rubric Marine

I really don't know what to add anymore. A lot of detail will be added via freehand (Ouroboros, Tzeentch symbols etc).
The Cataphractii Terminators are just awesome... I just need more money, this gut will be alone or a while.
Please let me know what you think! Any suggestions?

Nice work brother! I'd theorised about putting TS crests on Terminators before but had no idea they'd look so fantastic on Cataphractii armour!

As for suggestions, I was struck with an idea to add just a little more XV Legion flavour, why not replace the standard Cataphractii helms with the Tzeentchian-themed Champion helm (horns shaved off) from the Chaos Marine kit?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDE3WDUwMA==/$(KGrHqFHJBEE9pqNfNqvBPi5-iGLpQ~~60_2.JPG

I think it would look cool while adding a nice visual reference to the Eye of Magnus and the old Scarab Occult. :)

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

That is amazing Aasfresser, nice execution of a good idea. Chaos spawn must be the most diverse models across all our collections.

Edit: my phone messed up, I am referring to your spawn emerging from the broken suit of armor. Will have jo check the rest of this thread later. ;)

Edited by Slaanbull

Love this stuff, looking forward to spending more time reading this thread later.

Thank you! Hope you will still like it afterwards :P

These guys are brilliant, most impressive!

Thanks! 

Best thousand sons army of all time, every. 

Nah, I’ve seen better. But thank you nonetheless :)

That spawn is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks, I have to build at least 2 more for the spawn-comp. 

Seriously if I had the cash I'd fly over there just to beat your ass with my Nurgle army, I'd love to have a game against a force as beautiful as yours. 

Hehe. Don't underestimate the servants of Tzeenzch and the Sons of the Crimson King are as fierce and deadly as the were ever before! I guess...

Nice work brother! I'd theorised about putting TS crests on Terminators before but had no idea they'd look so fantastic on Cataphractii armour!

As for suggestions, I was struck with an idea to add just a little more XV Legion flavour, why not replace the standard Cataphractii helms with the Tzeentchian-themed Champion helm (horns shaved off) from the Chaos Marine kit?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDE3WDUwMA==/$(KGrHqFHJBEE9pqNfNqvBPi5-iGLpQ~~60_2.JPG

I think it would look cool while adding a nice visual reference to the Eye of Magnus and the old Scarab Occult. :smile.:

I thought about it but it would be a bit to big for the torso. But I used it on my TS-Dread, which reminds my, I have build a TS dread....

That is amazing Aasfresser, nice execution of a good idea. Chaos spawn must be the most diverse models across all our collections.

Edit: my phone messed up, I am referring to your spawn emerging from the broken suit of armor. Will have jo check the rest of this thread later. :wink:

Thanks, I like how it worked out.

Miniupdate:

I'm planning on some Chaos Rapiers and this is the first crew-member aka sorcerer who leads and directs a Rubric gunman.

Chaos Rapier Crew Sorcerer

As with the terminator I kept the added bitz number quite low. Hope you like him!

I'm all out of likes for today - so will return later to reward your beautiful coven!

Thank you very much, Chaeron!

Another mini update. The Chaos Rapier Crew is finished so far. The Laser-Destroyer is magnetized and will be switched with an HadesAutoCanon. I "upgraded" the "sorcerer" to a kind of technophile Sorcerer, a warpsmith to be, not to much touched by the warp. Think you get what I'm thinking. Fluffwise the Chaos Rapier Carriers are some sort of Demonengine, so why not make the second crewmember a former TS Techmarine-Type leading his Rubricae brother who is still the gunman.

Chaos Rapier Carrier and Crew

Chaos Rapier Carrier and Gunman 1

Chaos Rapier Carrier and Gunman 2

These are insanely beautiful,,,

Thank you very much!

Looks good, do say how it fares in game as well.

And that Cataphracti is stunning

Thank you! I will.

My Building-ADHD triggered again. And it's all KrautScientists fault. After seeing him starting a conversion based on the TS trophy from the Space Wolves cavalry before me, I couldn't but to accept his unintentional challenge and came up with that. Ah, and also he is working on an promissing Inquisitor based on the Sanguinary Priest, so...

There is a lot of work to be done and please keep in mind that this sorcerer is just a first mockup. There is to much BA-stuff left on him.

Early Sorcerer Concept

Can anybody guess who this Sorcerer is supposed to be?

Haha, that's excellent: You answered the challenge by upping the ante -- I like that ;) I only have one gripe, though: Why did you cut away the beautiful original helmet from underneath the crest? It looks so much better than the somewhat generic Chaos Termie Sorcerer helmet :(

Apart from that, amazing job! You must have about a dozen sorcerers by now ;)

Hathor Maat??? :biggrin.:

Nope. It's supposed to be Sanakht from the Ahriman novels. 

Rapier squad with sorcerer and rubric crew is a very nice touch.

Thank you :smile.:

Haha, that's excellent: You answered the challenge by upping the ante -- I like that :wink: I only have one gripe, though: Why did you cut away the beautiful original helmet from underneath the crest? It looks so much better than the somewhat generic Chaos Termie Sorcerer helmet :sad.:

Apart from that, amazing job! You must have about a dozen sorcerers by now :wink:

Thank you very much Mr. Kraut. Let me explain the choice I made. I had to cut it away because the original piece wouldn't fit the Sanguinary Priest torso. Actually try to fit any helmet that's not a fantasy chaos warrior helmet. So I really didn't want to cut the back of the helmet away or the collar of the torso armor, that would look stupid and I really like the extra ornaments on the back. and as mentioned above this guy is supposed to be Sanakht the Swordsman from the Ahriman novels. The original helmet would have looked a bit to clunky on this character. At least as I envision him. Sanakht was a Thousand Sons Sorcerer formally of the Athanean Cult. He was supposed to be to fast for his Corvidae brothers to see his next move (lol, I konw). After Fulgrims Ascension he caught Lucius attention and Lucius challenged him.  Lucius only narrowly defeated him. So... I thought the more slender Termi-helmet would fit better with the helm crest. Hope you can now forgive me :wink:

Also I have this guy I remembered:

Finished DV sorcerer conversion

Same helmet, different source :ph34r.:
Edited by Aasfresser

Sanahkt is an excellent tragic character, good choice! Beautiful models and ideas all - if only the codex allowed you to rubricise any basic or veteran marine.

I must admit I don't picture of any the characters in the Ahriman novels with crests like that, or perhaps even the Rubricae - in fact, I do wonder when the crest came into fashion (if before their M33 setting) and on what kinds of units - since it doesn't seem to have been around during the Heresy (or in typical FW style, it will appear as one of many unit crests on a identifications and chapter marks page?). I guess it happened on Solarius [sic] or about Terra, but for all the THousand Sons to adopt the same device seems unlikely. 

Edited by Petitioner's City

Sanahkt is an excellent tragic character, good choice! Beautiful models and ideas all - if only the codex allowed you to rubricise any basic or veteran marine.

I must admit I don't picture of any the characters in the Ahriman novels with crests like that, or perhaps even the Rubricae - in fact, I do wonder when the crest came into fashion (if before their M33 setting) and on what kinds of units - since it doesn't seem to have been around during the Heresy (or in typical FW style, it will appear as one of many unit crests on a identifications and chapter marks page?). I guess it happened on Solarius [sic] or about Terra, but for all the THousand Sons to adopt the same device seems unlikely. 

That's strange, the Ahriman Books speak of Sanakhts Helmet to be creststed and on top of that there were 2 jackal-heads facing in opposite directions. And I think that even the captured Rubric Marine in Iobels memory had a crested helmet. But this is all after Terra.

On some artwork many of the TS during the Burning of Prospero hat Helm-Crests. I always thought of them as something typically prosperine and not chaosy-tzeentchy. So if one assumes that this is something from their collective cultural background, I can see why they all or most of them may have adopted/kept it. If there is one thing about the remnants of the XV it is that all of them are bitter about the loss of Prospero and they tend to be very nostalgic.

The new Sorcerer look really cool converted & great use of the Sanguinary Priest that just been release recently.

Thanks! There is still more work to be done. Have to get rid of all the BA crap on him :P
Edited by Aasfresser