Scythes of the emperor.... Update 13/11/18

Some lovely work there Dorns_fist, I'm really impressed with the level of commitment to a dwindling chapter.

The use of the survivors as a mixed unit feel is inspired and perfectly in keeping with the Chapter I think. I'm sorely tempted to try this with my new Crimson Sabres 4th Company renegades as they only have 40 marines left or there abouts too.

Inspiring! :D

BCC

Thank you brother humbled I can give others inspiration.

Excellent stuff, you push some levels up with this models in your painting , Veteran Doña is my favourite ,really like the curved combat blade.

I felt like with all the hate they would harbour against the nids they would be fashioning weapons more 'evil' weapons

Nice, amazing yellow you have got there.

I thank being able to paint imperial fists for the yellow lol

You know how much I love these guys buddy. Really liking the progress on the Dev marine.

Cheers fella, hopefully I'll b able to get him near enough finished by tomorrow night....so keep your eyes open

Awesome work, the feel, models and painting are looking really looking good!

Thank you fella

I'm really digging the posing you've put into your models.

Thank you, all the scythes I'll be doing will be sporting that 'in the middle of being surrounded or falling back' pose

Excellent poses and superb black and yellows, your detailing it wonderful too. So much better than my own Scythes.

How much do you thin your paints to be able to put that many layers on?

Ah man don't be so hard on your own work, if anything I'm not partially happy with Doñas face, but this is what the hobby's all about....learning. And I just thin my paint accordingly to be honest, I just paint the layers on thinly. I'm not too interested in extreme highlights on this chapter for obvious battle worn reasons lol

Thanks again guys.

These just make me want to.....well do what us gamers do best splurge on more models and start a project that ill start and end up enjoying it so much my current project goes on hold, and dosent get returned to until I have circled the project train through 5 armies.

These just make me want to.....well do what us gamers do best splurge on more models and start a project that ill start and end up enjoying it so much my current project goes on hold, and dosent get returned to until I have circled the project train through 5 armies.

Yep I was in the boat in my head but decided to keep away from starting a new project completely, then I got my teeth into these and my IF's, I just think for me I'm a little burnt out with my crimson fists....I need to paint and get the feel of another chapter (Xenos hunters though) to get my teeth back to wanting the crimson fists again, I've just lost the omph for my CF's.

Good choice on chapter Rob, these guys are really cool. Liking what you have done with them, they look suitably beat up and weathered. Good stuff!

Where is Doña 's knife from btw?

Thanks man, appreciate the comment, I was wondering how long it'll take you to notice that knife lol

It's just the basic plastic knife from the older tac sprue and just shaved on the back into a curve via my hobby blade.

I think I may have already said this somewhere but I love these guys. Your doing a sterling job making them look beaten up and ragged but still maintaining a solid image of defiance.

I think the Scythes are one of the most interesting chapters both in terms of fluff and Chapter colours.

Cant wait to see a full squad of these brother.

Wow thanks for these responses

Ah, how blind am I?!?! I will be trying that out, looks lethal!

You're not blind....just old ;) hehe joking bro

I think I may have already said this somewhere but I love these guys. Your doing a sterling job making them look beaten up and ragged but still maintaining a solid image of defiance.

I think the Scythes are one of the most interesting chapters both in terms of fluff and Chapter colours.

Cant wait to see a full squad of these brother.

Thank you brother, glad my goal for my work is getting there

Cracking work as always matey, keep it up

Maybe 1 day I'll have a painted model to post... :p

When will you paint up a mini fella? lol

Very nice stuff mate as always. Love the gritty feel of these guys and the painting is top notch. :tu:

Thank you king doghouse ;)

Some great painting here. :tu:  

Thank you Aswell fella

Right a little more work done on Brother Arjak

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/14144BA0-619E-4012-A1D8-2E3C2D0FC1E5_zpsaejlyycj.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/BFAD7662-8890-4915-AA7B-25A23E5EC72A_zpsnybd6vrt.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/9E59FF0B-6311-46FA-995A-0F040777A2D2_zpsgorj5fne.jpg

He'll be finished tomorrow, im really enjoying this chapter.

I have to say I really love your work.  The dirty/rusted metal of the heavy bolter is particularly awesome.

I do like that yellow!

The weathering is spot on too :tu:

Thank you both

Beautiful stuff, man. Echoing what the others said above, the weathering is perfect. How'd you achieve the rusted look? Powders or something like Typhus Corrosion? 

The bolters rusted look was just besital brown sponged on like the armour brother and vallejo flesh wash in the creveses

Dakka dakka pew pewpew.   I Like!!!!

Only way to take down nids brother lol

Looking good! Great posing with the HB.

Damn that looks hott!

Thank you both too

Looking good, especially that subtle rusting.

Thank you brother. There'll be a reason with some back story for his 'unloved but devoted HB'

Ran out of likes so I'll have to say it instead; HB guy is looking incredible!The weathering in particular is really eye-catching.

Damn you and your amazingly characterful models! :)

Ha, you know me...hate static looking marines....this whole squad will look like they're taken on a horde of nids

posing is spot on, and as others have said already, real attention to detail here

Thank you also fella.

Again thank you for the comments.

Archived