=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

Well I have made more progress in the last 24 hours then I have in the past few weeks. Must be that Templar ZEAL rubbing off on me...

If they try that again I hear squirting them with water helps. ;)

Well I have made more progress in the last 24 hours then I have in the past few weeks. Must be that Templar ZEAL rubbing off on me...

If they try that again I hear squirting them with water helps. ;)

Plasma works better ;)

I delivered on my second vow earlier today.  It's not much, but every little bit helps.  With a month to run, a third vow is in order, I believe.  Maybe some Sternguard this time.  Load them down with bionics, a couple of combi-bolters, maybe a power fist. . . yes, that'll do nicely.

All those pledged for Chaos in the ETL only paint in darkness to give the others a chance.

so true

Not Slaaneshi vows.  Those are painting under flashing colored strobe lights with booming bass dance music in the background.

Preferably in a Strip Club or BDSM joint if  they allow you to hobby there xD

All those pledged for Chaos in the ETL only paint in darkness to give the others a chance.

so true

Not Slaaneshi vows.  Those are painting under flashing colored strobe lights with booming bass dance music in the background.

not strip joints, i knock models over when i throw pennies at the dancers

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4Oa0IXVea4M/U7Cb5BIzjHI/AAAAAAAAKcg/M4Qc2W7Lz6A/s1600/uyiVwVA.gif

BDSM place sounds good though

so true

I've tried that - it doesn't work very well and it gets confusing - even for Slaanesh.

=][= NINTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

We’re 2/3 down one month to go…

The ETL has reached new heights with an amazing amount of completions and overall quality! However this was undoubtedly the week of Chaos! The dezinents of the Eye have produced almost 20k pts this week alon and are now firmly in first position. The most interesting part is that the commitment to the challenge is still going strong with new vows in the pipeline.

Now we have two factions above 30k pts (Chaos is above 40k pts) and two factions in the 20-30k bracket (BTs and DAs). Then there is the HH faction approaching the 20k mark and the Forces of the Imperium, BAs and SWs are all below the 10k mark.

IMPORTANT NOTE: KEEP IN MIND THAT IF YOU FAIL IN YOUR SECOND OR ANY CONSEQUENT VOW THEN ALL PREVIOUS VOWS ARE NULLIFIED AND COUNT FOR NOTHING.

So be extra sure when you re-vow because not only your new vow but all previous ones are at stake!

Here are the usual metrics:
Total participants 421
Total vows: 604
Total points pledged: 495,272pts
Average vow: 820pts/vow
Total points completed: 169,344pts

So now let’s see what happened in week 9:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 9

med_gallery_27176_9664_35737.jpg

So let’s see this one by one:

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 67 / Vows: 100]
The BTs had a mediocre week – a dangerous thing this far into the event. With only 660pts completed their total remained below the 25k mark and remained in 4th position, with more than 3,200pts behind their closest rival, the DAs. Their average vow of 689pts still is on the low side so completions and re-vowing seems to be the only way forward. They have the zeal but do they have the resources to see this through? Things are becoming tight and the only way out is the way forward! Let’s see some catching up – don’t leave everything for the last minute…

ANGELS OF DEATH [Participants: 60 / Vows: 85]
Still the highest completion rate in the event by far but now there is an alarming situation: They are not leading anymore. That means that they have expended more resources compared to everyone else but Chaos is ahead with a materially lower completion rate. Also a significant part of your resources parked with the WS, UMs and Salamanders that have yet to report a single completion (let alone a follow-up vow). But there are still things going for you: a high average vow means that every completion counts and you have Arizona with a hefty vow pending. But Arizona cannot win this on his own – no one can. This is the crucial moment guys! Do not let this slip through your hands!

BLOOD ANGELS [Participants: 37 / Vows: 51]
A fairly good week for the BAs with 1.7k pts of completions and are now very close to their nearest rival the Forces of the Imperium. The completion rate has risen to 26% but it is still lower than the ETL average as is the average vow of 617pts. Now, as the last month approaches, you guys have to focus on completing your first vows – no matter what the faction does, the ETL rewards individual performance and this is where you should be focusing now! Nothing beats high completion rate among first vows!

DARK ANGELS [Participants: 59 / Vows: 79]
An OK week that managed to secure third position for the DAs. But if we’re aiming for the top we need to see those first vows completed and completed fast! There are 15k pts worth of first vows that are below 1k pts. I would expect a large part of them to be completed soon. There are also 17k pts worth of first vows that exceed 1k but after two months in the ETL some of them should start reporting in. We have an average vow of 818pts – spot on the ETL average! We also have a completion rate that exceeds the ETL average and explains the third position – but it has to rise further if we are to go for the top.

SPACE WOLVES [Participants: 31 / Vows: 41]
The positive trend that started last week continued this week too with 1.4k worth of completions reporting in. The SWs are building up momentum over the last two weeks and this could lead to a material improvement of their position! I think as we are now in the last month it is high time to make a strong come back, finish up you first vows and this will have the desired effect!

REALM OF CHAOS [Participants: 61 / Vows: 98]
Oh boy… where to start? The sheer quality of painting and the imagination of the Chaos team is delivering fantastic results. But that was also the case last week. This week we had the arrival of the first Chaos super-vow by Steve Shields! 17kpts propelled the Chaos faction to first position with a comfortable margin of some 10k pts. And it was not only Steve mind you – the entire faction managed almost another 3kpts this week bring the total to 20kpts added in a single week – the largest amount ever! On top of that Steve re-vowed another 10kpts and there is still Fasha with his 10kpts still to deliver! This was the week of Chaos! The question is will this be the Year of Chaos? Do not relax you are not in the safe zone yet!

FORCES OF THE IMPERIUM [Participants: 46 / Vows: 64]
The Forces of the Imperium are in a strange situation. On one hand there is the Imperial Guard (it’ll take me some time to get used to Astra Militarum) that is doing virtually all the effort and has a respectable 37% completion rate and the SoBs, GKs that have yet to contribute… This puts a bit more strain on the IG as they are effectively on their own. Progress was somewhat better than the previous week and the IG seems to have a good tempo. Again the focus should lie in completing the first vows as we enter the last month of the event! The IG has a large amount of “small” first vows (i.e. less than 1kpts) so improving on the completion ratio further would not be so demanding. The bet here is to see the SoBs and the GKs contributing - even in the last minute!

HORUS HERESY [Participants: 60 / Vows: 82]
Good performance this week although a bit slower than the two previous ones. The faction is still delivering great quality results and I really enjoy seeing the Heresy come to life in such a diverse fashion. With 18kpts they sure are a force to be reckoned with but some higher value vows need to be completed in order to catch up the top three positions. It’s very doable but also demanding as your rivals are also driven and aim for the top!

So until next week, keep your completions coming!!! biggrin.png

It's almost funny how reality is taking the shape of lore. Overwhelming forces of chaos, and the poor guardsmen (Astramen? Militarumen?) holding their ground while waiting for help from the sky.

At least is the image i've gotten reading the update. This is shaping up as a really wild and funny event in my rookie, newcomer eyes.

Archived