+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

@mactire Very kind of you, sir!! I posted pictures already and notified Semper. He seemed to look right over it...

I appreciate your gesture, but finishing these models was reward enough for me!! I feel motivated and a lot more confident in my abilities!!

End of Line

Sorry for not coming back earlier Rhapsody - I'm not in Athens and I was struggling between connectivity issues and writing up the Final Report. Although there is a lot of room to work around issues during the ETL, it's very difficult for me to include completions after the deadline. The deadline is one of the immovable objects in the ETL

However I understand your frustration and if you feel you've done the job right be my guest and use the Custos Fidei - you've earned it from a moral perspective and it's totally appropriate. Same applies for Arez. I just cannot add your completion to the SWs total.

Capt. If you could find it in your heart to let Arez and Rhapsody post pics and therefore complete their vows I will take a penitent vow on their behalf to complete all the DA minis from the DV set before 31st october 2014 failure to do so will see me commit to the DA forum for the next ETL.

A mighty oath indeed!!! Save your appetite mactire - next year the new Codex would be fully analysed and the new minis fully evaluated - so it'll be high time for the Wolves to take their revenge! 

This is actually something I really want to see happening... This year Chaos came out of nowhere and had a stellar performance. I see no reason why the Space Wolves with such a large following, a new Codex and some great new centerpieces cannot counter that and come on top!

We didn't fail, we were just bidding our time for the new codex. Otherwise a lot more of us would be willing to commit models which are actually legal. As it is, the Grey Hunter changes alone caused most of us to be reluctant to paint new packs. Although if we all continued to have the ultra grit loadout, our Grey Hunters might amount to 16 point per load rather than 15. We're not sure of the points cost of our special weapons, if rumours are correct, could be the same as Space Marine BT Crusader squad or Tactical squad, further bloating our points.

I for one, do not fret about the result. I'm quite proud to have finished all my vows, small though they may be, rather than commit to a vow that I would fail.

Greetings Brother Space Wolves,

Last year for the ETL2 I vowed that if you gained a certain number of participants I would paint an Iron Priest. Your forces easily broke that number, however due to an Inquisitorial Mind Wipe I was unable to complete my promised penance vow.

Now the time is at hand. This model was in one of my very first White Dwarf issues many years ago and I never forgot how amazing it looked. I will not post another model on the the B&C until this Iron Priest is completed:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JeffJedi/Vow3/IronPriest_zps187282b0.jpg

For the Lion and the Wolf!

I wish I'd been in a position to paint more than I did and hadn't been worried about a new dex.

That said I'm saving some stormclaw models, and next summer I'll be prepared and try and double this years total (so 2020 points in 2015)

To be fair, I made a valiant effort but I should have started my efforts a bit earlier. My penance will be to complete my original vow (plus the mini I promised Captain Semper if I failed, he just needs to tell me what!)

I will post a picture to show that I actually made an effort and then another when everything is complete.

This year got me painting again, so I don't feel I failed at all. I didn't get my pictures up in time, so my points didn't count, but such is life. You win some and you lose some. Either way, we are by far the best marine chapter!! Even from 'last place'!!

End of Line

To be fair, having a new codex on the horizon really had an affect on participation.  Many folks wouldn't want to go through the trouble of assembling and painting, only to discover the options they had chosen were now longer optimal, or even no longer allowed in the new codex.

Considering that, I think the fact that you lot painted a combined total of 20,000 points worth of figures to be admirable, and not at all a failure on the part of the denizens of The Fang.

So, well done, and especially to Kieran, who did 25% of that on his own.

Now, lets get back to figuring out what's actually in our new dex, and then following that, figuring out how to smash our adversaries with it.

Valerian

Hi guys, I haven't posted on this strategium before at all - but I just want to thank you for an awesome event. Well done on the beautiful mini's you've managed to complete - and I'm sure you guys must be thrilled about the new units, miniatures and codex. :tu: Those frosty boats are both awesome mini's and very good units and the dreads just look fabulous. On a more critical note: what do you guys think of the new Logan Grimnar? It's a nice idea, but it's just so.... ridiculous... (sorry if this is not the consensus her). What do you guys think? Has GW jumped the shark on this one?

• 1 month later...

OK, as many of you may know there is an acute issue with really long signatures. The B&C has certain rules regarding signatures and the banners may not exceed the 800x100 size. 

The standard size of the Custos Fidei (and the Oathbreaker) is 300x100. If you get three of these one next to another you have already exceeded the allowed size. Especially as many frater have banners from other events too, not to mention their own personalised banners.

To this end the Inner Circle has put forward the medallion shaped Custos Fidei. This helps people adding them to their signature and show their track record in the ETL (or other Inner Circle sponsored events). However on occasion even this proves to be not enough.

As such, The Shadow Guard, Grand Master of the Inner Circle, in his immeasurable benevolence came up with a third format:

THE MODULAR BADGE!

Please follow the above link (there are two posts involved) to get the flu information

Archived