+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

P5170850

P5170851

P5170852

P5170853

P5170854

P5170855

Hi Captain Semper. Not quite sure how to make the pictures bigger, I normally upload them into my gallery and then attach via the "my media" button. In any case, clicking on it should always bring up the enlarged picture. I wonder how the rest of you make the picture so big though on the post.

Anyway, here is another new WIP of mine: Wolf Guard Terminator with combi Melta and power axe. Not very happy with the pose, but I didn't want to waste the Grey Hunter axe so I cut it off and attached it to the handless arm of the termi. Sadly, the pose of the handless arm is really weird, close to the chest. It was all I could do to make sure the axe doesn't block the face. Melta may look a little weird to you, I essentially married a storm bolter with the barrel (and energy cannister) of the melta gun. 

@ Kasper: If you go to your album here and right click on the picture you'll get the options: thumbnail, small, medium, large... by choosing the appropriate size (say medium) you will be forwarded to this screen. Then if you click on the pic you can just copy the url and paste it in the field provided when you click the image button from the menu bar of your editor (it's the little blueish rectangular button that reads "image" when you rest the cursor on it)

Here's the end result:

med_gallery_74211_9632_1136435.jpg

Hope that helps - if not PM me and we can go step by step... :)

@ MaveriK: That Godsmote is great! Fantastic pose and mix of parts - your patience paid-off... Can't wait to see colour on him! :tu:

Hello Brothers

Our fellow traitors Dark Angels given us, Forces of Chaos, a great idea for a new event: THE DAEMONIC PACT

gallery_29004_9303_633928.png

So followers of chaos and other please stop by our forum tomorrow and sign up for our new event for fun. Details will be release tomorrow!!!!

Have a nice day everyone.

med_gallery_74211_9632_1219098.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_664073.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_361185.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_562597.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_205469.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_249984.jpg

Woohoo! finally figured out how to do a large picture! A bit tiresome but mission complete!

Really hate the right arm of the wolf guard terminator, angled so odd, barely managed to get the axe from blocking the face. Oh well, in this case, I'm particularly proud of the combi melta, which I did on the instruction of Adam's Space Wolves blog at http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/2011/02/combi-melta-conversion-guide.html

Hope everyone else's vow is going well.

Yeah, it's on my to do list, not just on the melta but also all of my bolters and bolt pistols. Not sure how to do it, but I think I saw someone at my hobby shop using some sort of mini drill to do before. Will have to ask and observe how he does it. 

Thanks for the compliment Mactire.

My Before.

gallery_5565_7507_70747.jpg

Wolf guard with hammer and shield, Terminator Wolf guard with Stormbolter and Powerfist, Wolf guard Terminator with Stormbolter and wolfclaw, Terminator Wolf guard with flamer and powerfist, and last wolf guard in PA with fist and combimelta.

240 points combined

Going on to an easier yet equally awesome model, it's high time I made use of the beautiful lightning claws in the Wolf Guard Termi set and come out with my very own Wolverine terminator! Decided to experiment with a few poses.

med_gallery_74211_9632_443786.jpg

hmmm, OK but something is missing....

med_gallery_74211_9632_1827969.jpg

Nah, doesn't seem right....

med_gallery_74211_9632_1627197.jpg

Now this is more like it! A combination of Wolverine combined with one of my favourite Chinese folklore martial art heroes, Wong Fey Hong. For those who like Chinese movies, you may be familiar with Jet Li's Once Upon A Time in China series of movies, which he portrayed famous martial artist Wong Fey Hong, whose signature stance is similar to above. This is going to be awesome, though I foresee packing and storing these terminators with these outstretched poses is going to make storage difficult for me in future. Pity I don't know how to magnetize, and also don't know where can get a good supply of the tiny magnets.

=][= SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

It seems we've lost half of Thursday and the whole of Friday so please repost your vows and completions and we're good to continue uninterupted!

I Bjorn Stormfang answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Njal, Arjac and one Iron Priest from the Space Wolf Codex of total value 465 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

med_gallery_51465_7014_2004102.jpg

Hello Wolf Brothers!

It 's been a while since I 've participated in an event here in B&C! Aaah, good old times!

It happens that I have started on a small Space Wolves force, if I 'd known earlier I wouldn't have started painting them before the call.. But! I still have Logan, Ragnar and Njal!

Logan Grimnar 275

Njal Stormcaller 245

Ragnar Blackmane 240

Iron priest with two servitors 70

6 scouts/ 1 with plasma pistol 105

Lone Wolf with 2 fenrisian wolves and power sword 55

So, here goes: I Sons_of_Erebus answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Logan, Njal, Ragnar, an Iron Pirest with two servitors, 6 scouts and a Lone Wolf with two fenrisian wolves, from the Space Wolf Codex of total value 990 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

In addition, as a vow of redemption, I hereby announce that if I fail at this task, I shall paint a full tactical squad of the Flesh Tearers Chapter. The Honour 's End!

EDIT: Here 's my before pic, the wolves are primed. I'm planning to get a decent camera in a week or so (it's on its way), so your eyes don't suffer smile.png

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg153/teh_kobold/Phiomegatauomicrongammarhoalphaphi3AF0alpha0057.jpg

Finally got around to basing my guys in there grey. Plan going forward is to finish at least 2 grey hunters this week for a Battle Brothers tournament this Saturday

http://i.imgur.com/bWJaEPsl.jpg

Also, just because I wanna show him off, I sadly finished him just before ETL started, my Great Company Jarl, Beon Redfang

http://i.imgur.com/zBWQHaWl.jpg

Great to see new recruits guys! Keep going - there is until Sunday to get your numbers bolstered!

@ Reede: That's a fantastic Jarl! The similarities with your avatar are striking! biggrin.png

Also please check the first page to make sure everything is intact following the downtime of B&C.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A kinda penance vow for me is a bet with my corrupted pack brother forte. I need to paint 9k for ETL or I have to paint a chaos warband,dont know if you want to put it in the penance section or not just thought id share

Great to see new recruits guys! Keep going - there is until Sunday to get your numbers bolstered!

@ Reede: That's a fantastic Jarl! The similarities with your avatar are striking! biggrin.png

Also please check the first page to make sure everything is intact following the downtime of B&C.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You flatter me kind sir. Actually my Avatar is a custom Great Company Symbol I drew up and a friend converted for me in photoshop. I intend to get around and putting the transfers on my models at some point, but.... i'd rather have models to play with first xD

Here are the WIP pics of the TDA wolves from my 1st vow, got to get my ass in gear and get some paint on. My PA WG are nearly finished and the rhino is about 50% done, so hopefully about another week/ten days will finish this off.

med_gallery_61271_9574_711495.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_261190.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_15473.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_128384.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_368667.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_601074.jpg

Hi Mactire, not that I want to put you down, but I think you need to work on your models poses. They don't quite look dynamic in movement, especially the one with hammer and powerfist. Axe guy looks cool but I suggest making him cross his axes together. Claws should be outstretched forward, not downward. As for Flamer and Assault cannon termies, they look odd carrying a shield and heavy weapon. It's your models and up to you how you want to do them, but I don't think a shield bearing gunner looks menacing. 

Just my two cents, hope you don't take offence from them.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

=][= FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

ON SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST AT 17:00 GMT THE DOORS WILL CLOSE TO NEW PARTICIPANTS FOR EVER! MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IN THE RELEVANT STRATEGIUM BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!

Archived