Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

The Sons of Heylel

House Cawdor Gang, Hive Primus

GOy2Qal.jpg

House Cawdor is populated by scavengers, scrap farmers and bone-pickers, bound together by the holy word of the Redemption. By far the most populous of the Necromundan Clan Houses, though also the poorest, the House of Cawdor sifts through the rubbish cast down from the hive city, finding treasure amongst the trash and trading it back to its former owners. It is a distasteful but vital role within the ecology of the hive cities, and one the House has jealously claimed as its own.

Doomed to a lifetime sifting through midden heaps, the citizens of House Cawdor nonetheless take great pride in their labours, taught as they are that by their suffering they are blessed. This is the foundation of the Cult of the Redemption, and while more cynical minds might see it as merely another means of control, those brought up on its teachings see it as the only chance they have to earn a place at the God-Emperor’s side.

JJeeAI2.jpg

Note: Brother Booj; Heylel the Prophet; Brother Zymrael

l2QMfmk.jpg

Note: Brother Leonhard; Grand Brother Ishmael; Aspirant Gimon

PWwLuwX.jpg

Note: Grand Brother Yussuf; Brother Raisel

Skie6lT.jpg

Note: Gorr'thokk - House Cawdor Bodyguard 

'Homo sapiens gigantus', commonly called Ogryns, are one of the most frequently seen strains of abhuman within the Imperium. Their origin is believed to be a chain of high gravity prison worlds, populated by Mankind many millennia ago and lost during the Age of Strife. In isolation from Terra, the humans stranded upon these worlds bred and adapted to their hostile environments, becoming progressively larger and hardier with each passing generation. Unfortunately, intelligence, probably not that priminent a trait amongst the denizens of these prison worlds to begin with, deteriorated over the generations, so that by the time the Ogryn had become a distinct and stable sub-species of humanity, it was hopelessly dull and unintelligent. 

Ogryn are incredibly strong, durable and remarkably loyal - and many gangs favour them within their ranks. While most of these are usually "liberated" H-Grade Servitor Ogryns, sometimes former soldiers of the Astra Militarum find their way into the Underhive. Especially House Cawdor seems to favour to convert these abhumans to the faith of the Red Redemption - once enlightened, they are known to believe and do anything their leaders say and ask, and see the orders they receive as having come down the chain of command from the beloved God-Emperor Himself.

TDZatYi.jpg

Dqozgeu.jpg

Edited by Atia

That looks really cool!

Heylel looks too clean compared to the others of the gang.

Mhm, I did use the same weathering techniques for all of them. Maybe it's a side effect of beeing a cult leader and beeing less filthy than your underlings will make yourself looking like glowing with the might of the god-emperor himself?^^

I think I just figured it out, where most of the gang has what looks like bandages for leggings he doesn't

If you look now, I did add some more rust to his legs now!

Ogryn looks good. What paints did you use for the skin?

Just some Vallejo flesh tone with highlites and mostly washes/glazes over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice abhuman reinforcement to this Cawdors!

Glad you like him! Work on my next project has started - faith and fire won't be enough to shield the hive from Uprisings ...

Hidden Content
EPlKPI7.jpg
Edited by Atia

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks boys!

Finished the second Enforcer - this guy rocks a (magneticed) grav-chute in case he needs to drop down for some special operation! This was mostly a spontan experiment as I remembered I still have a bunch of old FW chutes laying around - wish I would have done this earlier for my other Necromunda models, but well .... future models will be able to equip them now haha!

jEMOYQv.jpg

JY9hTds.jpg

dEfmUP9.jpg

fMPt0Lt.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Howdy Guys and Girls - just finished their Captain Sergeant, a nice guy called 'Jasaron' or Number 4Ω93

GzVuy31.jpg

Ey5jvLE.jpg

dIZ1Fpw.jpg

3ZfHQ11.jpg

nYyRbkJ.jpg

pa5F25Y.jpg

GW did a really great job on the Arbites sculpts and your paint job really helps bring out the best in them. They kind of remind me of Red Scorpions.

Thanks for the nice words DuskRaider! The scheme indeed looks quite like the Red Scorpions haha. Fun fact, I didn't had them in mind, just tried to follow the studio job aswell as try to do the yellow in the same tone as the 30k Imperial Fists artworks - after all, I imagine them being inspired by the Sons of Dorn, including a homage to their Mark IV helmets back then!  

Loving the Cawdor gangers, so of my fave Necro models in there and you have really captured their feel!

The Enforcers are really well done, both look like they will take NO prisoners :cool.:

Glad you like them :biggrin.:

Looking good. Like the grav chute addition

Thanks! 

Looking good, love the wrist computer pad looks really well done.

Thank ya :blush.:

Edited by Atia

GW did a really great job on the Arbites sculpts and your paint job really helps bring out the best in them.

I think the Enforcers aren't really Arbites, more like a local police-militia, but I'm not a 100% sure either, haha... Someone with better knowledge help me, please

He looks great nicely weathered. His hair turned out good for the colours you used. Great work

Wow he turned out really neat nice job!!

Thanks for the nice words boys :blush.:

GW did a really great job on the Arbites sculpts and your paint job really helps bring out the best in them.

I think the Enforcers aren't really Arbites, more like a local police-militia, but I'm not a 100% sure either, haha... Someone with better knowledge help me, please !

Yep, they are basically Helmawrs own militia in the same way the other Gangs are house militia now. I'll do a propper lore roundup once their starter roster is painted, but basically it's their job to go against crime (and crime on Necromunda is a quite wide term, including seeing a crime!) so that the Arbites don't have to intervene, because no one wants that, especially as they usually would go against the higher ups of the planet too. Basically, the tier system would be Local Enforcers > Arbites > Inquisition.

Yep they enforce Helmwar's rule intead of the imperial law per se

Yep :thumbsup: