Fanthology -- Lots of work yet to do.

JeffTibbetts

When we get the approved list finished I may request your full piece. But that is some weeks down the road. We also dont want 19 10k word stories, more for our sake editing than anything. I will let you know.

When we get the approved list finished I may request your full piece. But that is some weeks down the road. We also dont want 19 10k word stories, more for our sake editing than anything. I will let you know.

That's entirely understandable my friend, I'm happy for it to stay at the 3k, I just don't know how the end paragraphs come off to someone else. 

I didn't think it was too abrupt, honestly. And either way, we'll have plenty of time for additional drafts so if that's something that needs to be addressed, we'll have a chance to do so. :D 

I have no experience of it but somehow I feel like a cheerleader waiting to see if i made the squad... I may need to get out more.

I agree!

I'm stoked to see how this turns out even if i don't make the cut.

EDIT: Added Vult to the list. His email got screwed up the first time around. Also, thanks, Ludo, for putting them in order. biggrin.png

Gratitude brother glad the hear the resend made it through. Hope you're enjoying the reading rather than cursing us all for the weight of words. So are we introducing ourselves here? Like Hi, I'm Deus and I abhor the witch aha anyway looking forward to working with you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. The reading and commenting phase is drawing to a close. I've given everything a good read, as has MasterHQ. I'll be conferring with him and then we'll start contacting the writers and setting up initial feedback sessions. 

First impressions:

• We are, unsurprisingly, a very talented and original group of writers with fascinating ideas.
  • Where are all the renegades and chaos cultists?
  • BL is so good at 30K that we must not want to get into those waters. 
  • Who knew how much we all love librarians, and how fascinated we are by the Inquisition?
  • This. Is. Going. To. ROCK! 

I've got some. Well... they'd be rebels at the time.

• BL is so good at 30K that we must not want to get into those waters. 

My story is set during the heresy (whether or not it's apparent in the notes, I can't remember). I don't know about the rest of you.

• Who knew how much we all love librarians, and how fascinated we are by the Inquisition?

Now that is interesting...

I could switch out one of my ideas for another involving a Chaos Lord devoted to Malal.....by the way, which idea are you guys using, or did you just want me to go ahead and try to write both? Honestly, I could theoretically do all three, since the one focusing on Chaos is pretty much one dude brooding in his throne room and getting interrupted by something once or twice. It by nature would have to be short or it would get exhausting far too fast.

That is surprising. I would have thought we would have had TONS of those stories, since we have so many awesome and creative Chaos fans on the board.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Based on the modeling boards I thought we'd have tons of both 30K and chaos stuff, but really they were quite few. They showed up in a lot of stories but not as the protagonists.

I'm sorry that I just found this. I've had quite a few ideas for short stories for some time now. Ah, well. Can't wait to see what the others have written. smile.png

Don't worry, man. If this goes as well as I think it will, I want this to become the first in a series. :D

I could switch out one of my ideas for another involving a Chaos Lord devoted to Malal.....by the way, which idea are you guys using, or did you just want me to go ahead and try to write both? Honestly, I could theoretically do all three, since the one focusing on Chaos is pretty much one dude brooding in his throne room and getting interrupted by something once or twice. It by nature would have to be short or it would get exhausting far too fast.

Not sure which story yet. MasterHQ is doing some homework (thanks, man!) so we can see just how much of what we've got. I'll consider your offer though, because MALAL! That poor guy (or god) is probably never going to get any official fluff again so it's up to us now. ;)

That is surprising. I would have thought we would have had TONS of those stories, since we have so many awesome and creative Chaos fans on the board.

Don't complain least we have a theme for the next anthology as the thing I found hard about this was our brief was just write a short story about 40K. With such a rich and massive universe that's kinda hard .... I need boundaries man BOUNDARIES!!!!!! tongue.png

Don't complain least we have a theme for the next anthology as the thing I found hard about this was our brief was just write a short story about 40K. With such a rich and massive universe that's kinda hard .... I need boundaries man BOUNDARIES!!!!!! tongue.png

You know what? You're completely right. I'm the same way. All my finest creative work comes from having strictly defined limits and challenges.

For something like this, though, at least initially, all bets were off. We HAD to see what you all could come up with, and it worked brilliantly. Maybe next time around we will be more prescriptive now that we've begun to establish a framework. I actually briefly considered making this first version all about loyalists and making the next one chaos, but opted not to. It's just not fair for the inaugural one.

I'm willing to bet that, now that you've indicated a relative lack of Chaos work, you'll be inundated with it next time around.  Communities thrive on filling scarcities.

Oh I hope so. Even if it's not all-or-nothing it'd be nice if the next is a bit heavier on the chaos. Like I mentioned, I was just a bit surprised it wasn't like that this time around. 

Ok we're getting a little side tracked here with Anothlogy #2 (when chaos comes to call). When we still need to do #1 (Giving Libbys the love they deserve ... and other stories). But seriously whats the next step Jeff?

Archived