True Scale DIY Chapter 'The Angels Meliora'

Nice looking terminators! To make the pictures larger, press the option button when you've clicked on a photo in your gallery. In that there is a share link option which pulls up code for the photo, copy and paste it into your post and there you have it!

Stoked to see the termies painted!

Luna707, thank you kindly!

Fiddling around with the Primaris conversions, here's the group:

gallery_80469_13580_227400.jpg

Gonna mess with their shoulder pads and such - I cut the first guy's arm up

gallery_80469_13580_95785.jpg

to this, since he is a 1st Company Sternguard

gallery_80469_13580_15016.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_17136.jpg

Really really like the new Primaris scupts overall, they're just a little too clean IMHO - I much prefer the more arcane looking heads and shoulder pads, so gonna keep messing with that.

-W

Edited by DeathbyWes

Good job.

Bjorn, thank you !

Nice looking terminators! To make the pictures larger, press the option button when you've clicked on a photo in your gallery. In that there is a share link option which pulls up code for the photo, copy and paste it into your post and there you have it!

Stoked to see the termies painted!

Luna, thank you the termis were like a year and a half in the making ...  I'm the slowest 40k-er ever lolol.  I'm looking forward to getting some paint on them too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some good work in the other day, Termis finally got base coated. Gonna have fun with these guys, I'm happy with how they came out as far as the truescaling goes.

gallery_80469_13580_52948.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_343135.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_154242.jpg

I think they are appropriately imposing, I'm not sure how much to weather them - should I make them look like they've been fighting non-stop or shiny them up a bit since they are members of the 1st company ?

Then I dug around and found some choice bits, I think I'm settling in on making a chapter master for my true-scale army.

gallery_80469_13580_90537.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_87498.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_33258.jpg

is the dual power weapons and grey knight storm bolter too over the top ? And I might lose the iron halo, maybe model a rosarius or something... Thoughts always appreciated.

-W

Edited by DeathbyWes

is the dual power weapons and grey knight storm bolter too over the top ?

These are Space Marines, NOT "Space Pacifists Who Hand Out Flowers While Spreading Messages of Peace and Love". If anything, you should go MORE over-the-top by incorporating a lascannon in the thunder hammer, so the Marine can destroy the enemy ar range AND up close.

is the dual power weapons and grey knight storm bolter too over the top ?

These are Space Marines, NOT "Space Pacifists Who Hand Out Flowers While Spreading Messages of Peace and Love". If anything, you should go MORE over-the-top by incorporating a lascannon in the thunder hammer, so the Marine can destroy the enemy ar range AND up close.

@Bjorn hahahaa, thanks man.  Chapter Master Thunder-Las...

Gonna get to work on their display next...

Probly sticking with the idea I had before:

gallery_80469_13580_204973.jpg

Just need to expand on it a bit... I'm gonna try and make it a little more broken up and labyrinthian as far as the platforms go so that it's not just bigger and bigger circles of Spess Mahreens

gallery_80469_13580_83219.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_332234.jpg

-W

Edited by DeathbyWes

Coming together really well! Are you shooting for armies on parade? Looking forward to seeing more progress

Luna707 thanks man.  I think I'm gonna try, I have this crazy idea in my head of putting a blast door / vehicle bay under the diorama and then building the Baneraider as others have done...  But I don't think I can too all that by the time Armies on Parade happens, especially the pace I work at, lolol...

Armies on Parade 2024 ?  Lolol...

Congrats on the Armies on Parade win btw, your whole Iron Hands thread is killin it.

-W

Edited by DeathbyWes

I like the chapter master, but I do think the power sword is too big - he's already wielding a thunder hammer one handed, that sword looks big enough to be a two hander as well. I think swapping it for a smaller, less unwieldy looking weapon would make him look more like an extremely skilled duellist style fighter, since it would imply that it's more of an off hand weapon that leave him free to shoot or parry as required. The power sword that comes with the plastic Mk3 marines or one of the death watch power swords spring to mind as being ideal. Just a suggestion :)

Otherwise, it's a very cool looking force.

I like the chapter master, but I do think the power sword is too big - he's already wielding a thunder hammer one handed, that sword looks big enough to be a two hander as well. I think swapping it for a smaller, less unwieldy looking weapon would make him look more like an extremely skilled duellist style fighter, since it would imply that it's more of an off hand weapon that leave him free to shoot or parry as required. The power sword that comes with the plastic Mk3 marines or one of the death watch power swords spring to mind as being ideal. Just a suggestion :smile.:

Otherwise, it's a very cool looking force.

Magos Kasen, thanks for the kind words. Yeah on one hand I do like the big sword it's super old school and not too common of a bit - but it does look rather unwieldly, I agree... Something like this would maybe be more in line?

gallery_80469_13580_148391.jpg

Here he is with a mock up power sword, didn't have any left handed ones so had to chop it all up - definitely won't use this for the final model, but it gets the idea across

gallery_80469_13580_110358.jpg

and then comin in the race from behind, I kind of really like a chainsword. Iconic, very Spess Mahreens

gallery_80469_13580_77946.jpg

I'd probably put a cable on there somewhere and paint the blade up to make it look like it has a power field. Chainsword. Power Chainsword...

-W

Edited by DeathbyWes

• 2 weeks later...

Last update for the evening. Got these guys arranged how I want them, hard to see in the photos but all the industrial grids and squares in their bases line up. gonna start planning how to make it more vertical in the next update.

gallery_80469_13580_354397.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_156713.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_169826.jpg

Whole thing is 18" wide, so that's good - I didn't want it to be too big. Space is limited in the apartment, lol.

-W

• 3 weeks later...

Tore all the scotch tape off this display and firming it up with a hot glue gun.

Just the top part

gallery_80469_13580_55016.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_59348.jpg

Next cut up the sprues that it all came on as vertical supports

gallery_80469_13580_35891.jpg

So that the tallest point balances right

gallery_80469_13580_4538.jpg

Gonna fill in the gaps with some kind of plasticard pattern

gallery_80469_13580_11501.jpg

This will be the vary bottom layer of the floor. Gonna build lips up around the edges so that the bases of my Space marines aren't so noticable.

gallery_80469_13580_59395.jpg

Ordered some more bits from the old eeebays, have another true scale character in the works I think.

Hope to have another update soon.

-W

• 2 weeks later...

I've wanted to convert a chaplain for a while... I mean, what good is any space marine army without a savage, religious maniac helping them to stay... focused. Lol.

gallery_80469_13580_60964.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_19334.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_52350.jpg

I like the eagle thing on top of his back pack, but had also considered the over the top banner. Input appreciated.

gallery_80469_13580_23168.jpg

gallery_80469_13580_96454.jpg

Getting some work done on the display as well, hoping to have an update on that soon.

-W