[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I'm currently experimenting with arms from Kromlech and Anvil Industries on the BaC and BoP legionaries. I'll post some comparison photos when I've built a few more.

• 3 weeks later...

The main problem with that concept is that you won't bei in aussault until at least turn 3, with the risk of comming in much later. So you need something to ensure that they will come turn two. Your units on the ground will need to bei resilient enough to bei stil standing after facing your opponents entire army for 2 turns.

But yes it would presumably look glorius.

Under the rules for Narthecium, it states 'Space Marine models' and a primarch isn't a space marine.

Forgeworld confirmed this too

makes sense fluff wise

Ah, that's unfortunate for Heresy lists. But yeah, it does make sense. I think there's a bit in Prince of Crows where they're trying to fix up Kurze and they're just like "yeah, we have no idea what's going on in there."

However, I think Surlak's Narthecium Primus in particular still works? It's a different piece of equipment with its own set of special rules, and it just confers 4+ FNP to a unit he joins (and himself). No "Space Marine models" specifications.

Under the rules for the Narthecium Primus there is no word of "Space Marine models".... Surlak doesn't have the regular Narthecium, he has his own version, with different rules. If anything, that would mean that no other primarch of any Legion can ever benefit from the fnp of an apothecary. Seeing as Surlak is the only model with an Narthecium Primus, and in its rules it only talks about units.

Under the rules for the Narthecium Primus there is no word of "Space Marine models".... Surlak doesn't have the regular Narthecium, he has his own version, with different rules. If anything, that would mean that no other primarch of any Legion can ever benefit from the fnp of an apothecary. Seeing as Surlak is the only model with an Narthecium Primus, and in its rules it only talks about units.

This is fair, I'm happy with this explanation. it's back on!

• 1 month later...

Tartaros or cataphracti?

Five Cataphractii in a Dreadclaw.

I was thinking of just giving them some Combi-Melters and a Chainfist for the Sergeant to keep them cheap.

Deep Strike, shoot one tank and then bash some heads.

Yeah i'd say that'd work. I feel cataphractii and tartaros armour is dependent on legion. Some legions I wouldn't see using Cataphracts like raven guard, white scars etc. where speed and maneuverability are key.

Most legions i'd see as Cataphracts though. World Eaters are definitely one of them. 4+ inv is just too good an option for terms to do some skull splitting and not be tanked back.

on the note of a dreadclaw:

I'm planning on running this configuration in my army: Angron, Surlak and centurion with AA in a dreadclaw.

I have 3 spartans, one with 5 Butchers, 2 with 10 man tacts and then a levi in pod.

plan was to drop angron first turn and turbo boost behind cover, move the spartans up and hopefully pop some tanks with the Lascannons. then turn 2, hopefully levi comes on. disembark Angron and Co. and slaughter things

Yeah i'd say that'd work. I feel cataphractii and tartaros armour is dependent on legion. Some legions I wouldn't see using Cataphracts like raven guard, white scars etc. where speed and maneuverability are key.

Most legions i'd see as Cataphracts though. World Eaters are definitely one of them. 4+ inv is just too good an option for terms to do some skull splitting and not be tanked back.

on the note of a dreadclaw:

I'm planning on running this configuration in my army: Angron, Surlak and centurion with AA in a dreadclaw.

I have 3 spartans, one with 5 Butchers, 2 with 10 man tacts and then a levi in pod.

plan was to drop angron first turn and turbo boost behind cover, move the spartans up and hopefully pop some tanks with the Lascannons. then turn 2, hopefully levi comes on. disembark Angron and Co. and slaughter things

But why only ten men squads in the Spartans?