[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

TRA put Angron, Surlak and a centurion with AA in a dreadclaw. I asumed in order to be able to put any ap3 hits on him and not on angron, but by doing so as oppossed to only put Angron and Surlak together the unit now has a toughness of 4 as oppossed to 6 if there were only Angron and Surlak.

Sorry if it was worded unclear.

only 10 man squads because I ran out of points.

Jorum, that is interesting as it hadn't occurred to me :/ I'm hoping any ID hits or such I would pass back so Angron can make his saves on them. Running crimson path, the centurion has a 2+ 5++ and a 3+ FNP. So any ap3 shots will be taken on the centurion. Any str 8 or ap 2 i'll look out sir and send them back to angron, 3+ 4++ and 4+ FNP.

The main aim of the unit is just to cause havoc throughout the enemies back field.

I would have bigger than 10 man squads and I used to roll inductii, but I found I had no scoring so it messed me up game wise (was hella fun hitting with that many st6 hits though xD )

• 2 months later...

It's starting to get really dusty in here... ;)

So I'm currently looking at adding some sky hunter jetbikes to my WE army, as I really like the look and don't have a lot of fast attack units.

So the question will be how to equip them? Especially the heavy weapon and is the seargent upgrade useful or mostly a waste of points? If yes is there any viability for a caedre weapon?(I'm stil trying to find a place for at least one of them purely for the rule of cool) (The intended usage would be as a harassing unit against annoying enemy backfield units).

@TheRedAngel Did you get to try out your little murder-squad? If yes how did it go?

It's starting to get really dusty in here... :wink:

So I'm currently looking at adding some sky hunter jetbikes to my WE army, as I really like the look and don't have a lot of fast attack units.

So the question will be how to equip them? Especially the heavy weapon and is the seargent upgrade useful or mostly a waste of points? If yes is there any viability for a caedre weapon?(I'm stil trying to find a place for at least one of them purely for the rule of cool) (The intended usage would be as a harassing unit against annoying enemy backfield units).

@TheRedAngel Did you get to try out your little murder-squad? If yes how did it go?

Outriders can take power weapons and are a bit cheaper if you want a combat unit, otherwise you could consider a command squad, now they will be tasty with some upgrades for sure.

No, they cannot take them - Characters only. But chainaxes are free and amazing!

Also, you may want to consider Charnabal sabres. They’re only 5ppm, and as Command Squad members can all accept challenges (Chosen Warriors special rule), they get +1 Initiative when using them!

Bike Command Squads are a really decent unit actually, but Attack Bike Squads are even better! With chainaxes they each have 5 S5, AP4 attacks on the charge, on a T5, W2 model with a 3+ save. Each model can fire their twin-linked boltgun and heavy weapon on the way in too. Excellent option for World Eaters.

• 2 weeks later...

I did yes, it didn't go well xD  They got mulched by 2 MoS dropping 5 templates on them and fluffing rolls haha but was worth the try.

I did however, recently attend the SN Battle Reports No Retreat Horus Heresy 2 event in Gibraltar with the following list:

Angron

Centurion

Surlak

5 Butchers

2 x 10 man Tacticals

1 x 10 man Assault Squad

Leviathan in Pod with phosphex, grav flux and siege drill

3 x Spartans with AC and FS

(Angron, Surlak and 5 Butchers in Spartan. 10 man tacticals in the other 2 spartans with the centurion joining one)

And basically ate face.

2 wins, 2 losses and a draw.

however i made some poor tactical choices and could've easily made it 4 wins and 1 loss. Big regrets include not sending Angron up to eat 3 Leviathans, 2 Contemptors and a Deredeo.  And deploying outside of transports in one particular game to try and score objectives which resulted in a Glaive and a bunch of quad mortars ruining my day :rolleyes:

But generally coming to the realisation that World Eaters only really work by running up and eating the opponents face off which is what won me my other 2 games xD and to just avoid facing custodes. at any cost.

Also, powerfists on sergeants are a must. They just add that extra ooompth that tacticals need.

powerfists are king with all the re-rolls.

Inducti are the ultimate face eaters

I think your squads would have been better 15 man minimum to soak up sounds. Also want all the in all for those extra attacks.

I've always found it best to ignore objectives, just load up on the pain.

Also, surlak and Angron is wasted in butchers. They are powerful enough and already have fnp. It's one big easy target.

If you have butchers on their own, Angron with surlak and tacs, centurian with tacs/assault marines, that's 3 must kill targets meaning your opponent will focus one and leave you with 2, or spread it all over and leave you with all 3 threats still

Edited by Fangbanger

• 1 month later...

So I'm having a game against soh this weekend and think about bringing the following.

[Rite of War: Berserker assault]

HQ

Praetor, Legion [190pts]
Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Paragon Blade, Volkite Serpenta

Elites

Apothecarion Detachment [70pts]
Apothecary, Legion
Jump Pack, Power Sword

Cortus Dreadnought
Dreadnought Drop Pod,
 Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Dreadnought Chainfist (Meltagun)

Terminator Squad, Legion [237pts]
Terminator Sergeant,  (Volkite Charger, Power Axe)

Terminators,
 Pair of Lightning Claws
Terminators,
Combi-Bolter, Power Fist
Terminators,
Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
Terminators,
Chainfist, Plasma Blaster

Troops

Assault Squad, Legion [365pts]
19x Assault Space Marines, Legion
Additional Wargear
Power Axe, Power Axe
Assault Sergeant
Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist

Breacher Siege Squad, [260pts]
9x Breacher Siege Space Marines
Additional Wargear
2x Graviton Gun
Breacher Siege Sergeant, Legion
Artificer Armour, Bolter, Thunder Hammer

Tactical Squad, Legion [190pts]
9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
Additional Wargear
Chainswords/Combat Blades
Tactical Sergeant, Legion
Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs
Power Sword
Rhino Armoured Carrier,
Dozer Blade

Fast Attack

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod [115pts]
Frag Assault Launchers

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron, Legion [160pts]
Multi-melta, 3x Space Marine Sky Hunters
Additional Wargear
Melta Bombs
Chainsword or Combat Blade

Heavy Support
Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [220pts]
Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Anvilius Pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [420pts]
Dreadnought Drop Pod,
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought
Grav-flux Bombard, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, 2xTwin-linked Volkite Caliver

The praetor and the apothecarius go with the assault squad and the terminators in the dreadclaw.  I tried to do something different than my usual land Raider/spartan rush, with mostly modells that I don't play tha often. Is it resonable to expect that the two pods that come down in turn 1 will draw away enough fire for the assault squad to reach the enemy? Or am I missing something totaly obvious that will ruin my plan?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

The lightning will, 9 times out of 10, shred a spartan the turn it arrives.

This allows us at all the juicy bits inside

Downside with it is, might not come in when you want it too 

Or will get intercepted and die due to it having paper for armour.

I've never really had that trouble, the board is generally big enough that you can avoid the odd intercept.

I guess it depends much on whether your opponents bring anti-air. With the new sicaran Arcus I expect it will be more prominent though sure

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I am new to everything WE and need a little help. I keep seeing people including 'inductii' and 'Gahlen Surlak' in their lists but i cannot find the rules for any of these units in the AoD army list or the Legion Specific list. 

Where are the rules for both of these units?

And there heads can explode

That is something that may happen to all WE infantery if they have an apothecary.

To explain it to new guys, if your infantery squad has an apothecary he can give each guy in the squad that is not a charakter +1A for a turn, but at the end of the turn you have to roll a D6 for every guy and on a 1 that model dies.