[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

And there heads can explode

That is something that may happen to all WE infantery if they have an apothecary.

To explain it to new guys, if your infantery squad has an apothecary he can give each guy in the squad that is not a charakter +1A for a turn, but at the end of the turn you have to roll a D6 for every guy and on a 1 that model dies.

IF you have Ghalen Surlak in your army, not in general. It's an additional rule he brings. Awesome ruleset.

I think they'll see a serious re-design when the next "Legions" book comes around for sure, the caedre weapons scream "cautious" with balance in mind. Rampagers are ripe for an update to make them a good choice.

That said, I think the fleshbane one is pretty cool, you'll drown the enemy in wounds (though, with furious charge and a chainaxe most enemy infantry would be wounded on a 2+ anyway).

I had the joyous experience of Grey Slayers. Any tips on how to counter? They pretty much destroyed my inductii due to that counter attack or whatever rule it is that allows them to fight first or at the same time.

All while having a couple power weapons and a speaker...

I hope the best option isnt shoot em but...ehhh.

Khârn did then mince their Speaker and took down half another pack of Slayers though....

Edited by God-Potato of Mankind

I had the joyous experience of Grey Slayers. Any tips on how to counter? They pretty much destroyed my inductii due to that counter attack or whatever rule it is that allows them to fight first or at the same time.

What?

Grey Slayers only have Counter Attack and I4, just like all marines.

If you get the charge with inductii, it should be a case of mutual assured destruction. Seeing as a normal 10 man squad of inductii (pf-sarge,Berserker assault) will take around 8 guys down (if my quick math is correct), if they have a apothecary they will murder the whole squad. So depending on the amount of ap 3 he has either everyone dies or you might barely win. If he has lots of power weapons than the trade of should be quite good, as the inductii are cheaper.

But yes shooting them is always an option.

All while having a couple power weapons and a speaker...

Feed them to your butchers or a dreadnought instead.

It's entirely possible to build an anti inductii squad (suzerain anybody). You then just need to mess up his game plan :smile.:

See, even the 12th can employ tic-tacs :smile.:

Edited by Warsmith Klegane

Is there any viability to an"air assault" styled list involving assault aircraft like Storm Eagles and Caestus transporting tac squads, inductii, and terminators? It seems like a super cool army. At least in appearance.

I'm currently playing with this idea. I originally built a list that I'm slowly refining. My plan is to build a list entirely around mechanised assault and running Berzerker assault ROW. So couple of units of Red Butchers in Spartans, a big squad of inductii in a Kharybdis, another big tac squad in a Kharybdis or storm eagle. Support squad in a rhino, maybe recon squad in a storm eagle or anvillus. A Leviathan in a Kharybdis. The only non-mechanised element would be couple of squads of assault marines, but I think they fit the nature of the army well enough to be included, plus I love the mk II models so much. Also, plonk a Damocles at the back in cover for the reserve modifiers and lack of scatter to deep strike

I think pods are defo viable but flyers, there's the risk of not entering play in time.

I also feel you always wanna be running bezerker assault- it's just so good.

So I wrote a 3k list with 9 pods and BA so everything has an assault pod (because you want to ABC) with nothing on the ground. I think it would look amazing, but the idea of building 4 more dreadclaw is off putting.

So far, I've found 3 pods and the rest on the ground quite, Good yet it makes targets quite easy for opponent. I was trying to do a list with 5 pods in, but then the ground force is left wanting a little more.

I like the idea of assault marines in these kind if lists, yet I would always cone back to the fact that if half the army is in pods, the rest on Spartans then the assault marines would be got first.

Pods are great because they are the cheapest assault transport and multi-spartans has been done to death

I think pods are defo viable but flyers, there's the risk of not entering play in time.

I also feel you always wanna be running bezerker assault- it's just so good.

So I wrote a 3k list with 9 pods and BA so everything has an assault pod (because you want to ABC) with nothing on the ground. I think it would look amazing, but the idea of building 4 more dreadclaw is off putting.

So far, I've found 3 pods and the rest on the ground quite, Good yet it makes targets quite easy for opponent. I was trying to do a list with 5 pods in, but then the ground force is left wanting a little more.

I like the idea of assault marines in these kind if lists, yet I would always cone back to the fact that if half the army is in pods, the rest on Spartans then the assault marines would be got first.

Pods are great because they are the cheapest assault transport and multi-spartans has been done to death

I was mainly looking at Storm Eagles cause I like the model, though I've heard they're a bastard to put together. I could always buy a dread claw since I don't have much in FA anyway but I don't like their ability to only carry ten men. I know Multi Spartans have been done to death but I can take em as DT for Butchers. Same with the Kharybdis for the leviathan. If FOC wasn't a thing I'd have a heap of Kharybdis in there lol

In terms of targets on the ground to begin with, yeah the assault marines would probably get got, but I'm also thinking of running a destroyer squad in a rhino too, so hopefully that'd present another target for the enemy. Plus, if you're running 4 or 5 pods, half of them are dropping in turn one. Three Kharybdis in your lines filled with squads that wanna rip your face off will hopefully distract anyone lol

And yeah, for me BA is a no brainer, so good. I've never understood why anyone would run Crimson path tbh