[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

How do people feel about outrider squads? I'm thinking of chucking a legion champion on a bike, paragon blade, with an apothecary, and a ten man outrider squad with a couple of power axes in there too. I figure they should be able to carve through a lot of stuff, maybe even terminator squads?

Anyone got experiences with them. They're just such cool models, and very fluffy for World Eaters too I feel

I played six dudes with two power axes and they smashed every vehicle they've touched.

Four attacks strength 5 on the charge is enough for almost any tank with rear armour of 10 or 11.

Nice mate, appreciate the input. Chuck chainaxes on all the rest too? Since they also buff up to S5. Rerolling 1s with Berzerker Assault, it's gonna be messy. I never considered running them as vehicle killers, more to wipe infantry, but yeah, would fill that AT role well

And like I said, I wanna run legion champ with em to, WS7 in a challenge, T5, he's gonna hurt stuff

Of course everyone with Chainaxes. That means twenty four strength five attacks on the charge with six dudes. Pretty awesome.

I thought about a champion on a bike too. He'll be nasty and with the scout move he'll gonna get ya. ;)

How do people feel about outrider squads? I'm thinking of chucking a legion champion on a bike, paragon blade, with an apothecary, and a ten man outrider squad with a couple of power axes in there too. I figure they should be able to carve through a lot of stuff, maybe even terminator squads?

Anyone got experiences with them. They're just such cool models, and very fluffy for World Eaters too I feel

I played six dudes with two power axes and they smashed every vehicle they've touched.

Four attacks strength 5 on the charge is enough for almost any tank with rear armour of 10 or 11.

Nice mate, appreciate the input. Chuck chainaxes on all the rest too? Since they also buff up to S5. Rerolling 1s with Berzerker Assault, it's gonna be messy. I never considered running them as vehicle killers, more to wipe infantry, but yeah, would fill that AT role well

And like I said, I wanna run legion champ with em to, WS7 in a challenge, T5, he's gonna hurt stuff

Of course everyone with Chainaxes. That means twenty four strength five attacks on the charge with six dudes. Pretty awesome.

I thought about a champion on a bike too. He'll be nasty and with the scout move he'll gonna get ya. ;)

I'm convinced, I'm ordering them right now :-) I need something to kill my sons vindicator laser destroyer squad before it wrecks my Spartans

I've been invited to a narrative event here in Aus on the mainland in July, so I've got 6 months to get my glorious company of XIIth legion ready to take some skulls. Good motivation there. Plan is to run a list that I've put up on the army list forum here on B&C, not fully fleshed out yet. But, following the fluff in Book 1 that the World Eaters often used the tactic of heavy armoured assault with drop pods raining down from the sky, overwhelming the enemy with weight of numbers... and chain axes ;-) so, couple Spartans, five pods, couple flyers, few dreads, and the bike squad we've been discussing, and waves of frothing madmen

Kill em all, or die trying...

Edited by Brad_hutcho

I've been invited to a narrative event here in Aus on the mainland in July, so I've got 6 months to get my glorious company of XIIth legion ready to take some skulls. Good motivation there. Plan is to run a list that I've put up on the army list forum here on B&C, not fully fleshed out yet. But, following the fluff in Book 1 that the World Eaters often used the tactic of heavy armoured assault with drop pods raining down from the sky, overwhelming the enemy with weight of numbers... and chain axes ;-) so, couple Spartans, five pods, couple flyers, few dreads, and the bike squad we've been discussing, and waves of frothing madmen

Kill em all, or die trying...

Sounds like a plan. :)

Planned list: if I can build more, the event is running a bigger apocalypse game on the main table which I could take part in if its all ready... see how I go. At least this gives me a plan what to paint etc

HQ:

Praetor - 192 points

Cataphractii (35), digital lasers (15), master crafted paragon blade (35), volkite (7)

Gahlan Surlak - 110 points

Elites:

Contemptor Mortis - 280 points

2x Kheres (25), dreadnought drop pod (100)

9x Red Butchers - 475 points

Twin power axes, Devoured with twin chain-fists (20)

Transport: Spartan - 370 points

Armoured ceramite (20), flare shield (45)

Apothecary - 60 points

Chain-axe, jump pack (15)

Troops:

17x Assault marines - 321 points

Chain-axes, 3x power-axe (30). Sergeant with artificer armour (10) and power fist (15)

17x Assault marines - 321 points

Chain-axes, 3x power-axe (30). Sergeant with artificer armour (10) and power fist (15)

18x Inductii - 235 points

Chain-axes, vexilla (10). Sergeant with artificer armour (10) and power axe (10)

Heavy Support:

Kharybdis - 235 points

Leviathan - 400 points

Drill and claw (5), phosphex discharger (15), volkites (10), dreadnought drop pod (100)

Grand total: 2999 points

Looks good to me, although, I would find the points for melta bombs on the assault marines.

For 3,000 points you are a little light on anti armour, adding melta bombs will increase that substantially.

Yeah, I had them on there but couldn't afford them, and I went for more men on the ground...

So I'm thinking maybe put them on one squad to work as anti armour, reducing the assault squads down to 15 each, and maybe dropping another Red Butcher? I don't want to reduce my CC ability too much, hence not wanting to drop Inductii since they can get 5 attacks each on the charge with the nails, or the Butchers cause they wreck things. So I figure, Malta bombs on one squad, and then have the Spartan, Leviathan and Devoured to run the other anti tank ability

You should drop the Volkite from your Praetor and give the Spartan a Dozer Blade.

Nothing is more frustating than a huge 370 points tank who gets stuck in terrain.

And give the Inductii Sarge a Power Fist. S10 is too good not to do it.

I think one squad with meltabombs would be enough, although two would bring contingency but at a cost. Maybe build towards one with MB and see how you fair with play testing. It’s not a difficult upgrade to add at a later stage (or just model them and be clear with your opponent). Mobile meltabomb delivery is just to awesome to ignore IMHO, but I appreciate the difficulty in including them in your list.

You should drop the Volkite from your Praetor and give the Spartan a Dozer Blade.

Nothing is more frustating than a huge 370 points tank who gets stuck in terrain.

I think one squad with meltabombs would be enough, although two would bring contingency but at a cost. Maybe build towards one with MB and see how you fair with play testing. It’s not a difficult upgrade to add at a later stage (or just model them and be clear with your opponent). Mobile meltabomb delivery is just to awesome to ignore IMHO, but I appreciate the difficulty in including them in your list.

Sadly, both my praetor and Inductii sarge, at least for moment already have those weapons, and the power axe sarge is one of my fave models :-( but I'll definitely find a way to include dozer blade... Must have really

So, I figure, drop a red butcher (-45) and drop 3 assault marines (-39), plus one point already left over. That allows melts bombs on the 15 man assault squad, and the dozer blade for the Spartan

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help :-)

Sorry mate, I was tired this morning when I first responded, but as I was driving round today it sunk in what you were saying about the S10 powerfist on the Inductii sarge. Derp lol. I'll definitely be building a model for that now. The power axe sarge is actually my tac squad sarge but he's doubling in atm cause I haven't properly built my Inductii squad yet (got some hopefully cool conversion plans for them), so he'll just have to wait for his event debut till I can field the second Kharybdis born tac squad

Sorry mate, I was tired this morning when I first responded, but as I was driving round today it sunk in what you were saying about the S10 powerfist on the Inductii sarge.
I am in your head.

Excellent. ;)

S9 Powerfist.

The multiplier on the fist is applied first, then the +1S from inductii.

Strength 9 is still dirty though, just not ID any custards or jbikes/bikes.

S9 Powerfist.

Are you sure?

It says you get +1 on his strength characteristics and not a bonus like Furious Charge. And S is doubled by a power fist.

S9 Powerfist.

Are you sure?

It says you get +1 on his strength characteristics and not a bonus like Furious Charge. And S is doubled by a power fist.

I interpret it as the Inductii base S is 5, they're basically a new unit designation because their rules change quite dramatically from a normal tactical squad. So I'd interpret it as S10 fist, but hey, 9 is just as nasty...

Since the Characteristic Modifier applies to the unit on a list building level prior to the game, then the +1 would apply before the stat is multiplied by the weapon in-game.

If it was a +1 from, say, a piece of wargear, psychic power, buff or other source that didnt modify the base unit, then, yes: Multiplication before Addition.

Has anyone ever bought Night Lords terror squad heads? Wondering if they'd be any good for my second squad of assault marines, mainly so I don't have two squads with World Eaters veteran heads, cool as they are. The terror squad heads have a very "special forces" feel to them which I think could suit, but the pics on FW website are meh at best

• 1 month later...

So what are everyones thoughts on the changes for the XII. in the new faq?

It appears that Angron got a slight buff, with his fnp now being a 5+ instead of a 6+, but is no longer able to benefit from surlaks 4+ fnp.
Sadly Rampagers wern't one of the legion specific units that recived buffs, so they most likely still won't see much play.

So what are everyones thoughts on the changes for the XII. in the new faq?

It appears that Angron got a slight buff, with his fnp now being a 5+ instead of a 6+, but is no longer able to benefit from surlaks 4+ fnp.

Sadly Rampagers wern't one of the legion specific units that recived buffs, so they most likely still won't see much play.

Destoryers with Chainaxes are C£$H MONEY! Angron change is excellent.

Rampagers need an update, but I imagine they didn't get one because a lot of their issues stem for Caedre Weapons which are more in need of an update... Especially when a simple Chain Axe is usually cheaper and better an option.

They missed a lot of units that needed updates tbh but the bonus fnp to angron js nice seeing as since last FAQ primarchs didnt get fnp from apothecaries

Until this faq, Angron could actually benefit from surlaks fnp, because he had a unique piece of wargear with different rules than the normal nartheticum.

They missed a lot of units that needed updates tbh but the bonus fnp to angron js nice seeing as since last FAQ primarchs didnt get fnp from apothecaries

Until this faq, Angron could actually benefit from surlaks fnp, because he had a unique piece of wargear with different rules than the normal nartheticum.

Interesting I guess it's the same as Russ and healing balms since they arent narthecium either I thought surlaks was my bad. What angron really needs though is a 2+ save and +1 W he shouldnt die to bolter marines pretty stupid imo.