Hmmm I pulled the trigger and started EC for the new edition, bought 30 Kakophoni, 10 Palatines, 5 Phoenix termies and Eidolon and looks like I'm screwed with no Line type now? :D Damn, guess I'll have to get some tacticals too then after all? Or just screw objectives, eh? Controlling is boring anyway.

Hmmm I pulled the trigger and started EC for the new edition, bought 30 Kakophoni, 10 Palatines, 5 Phoenix termies and Eidolon and looks like I'm screwed with no Line type now? :biggrin.: Damn, guess I'll have to get some tacticals too then after all? Or just screw objectives, eh? Controlling is boring anyway.

Yeah, can't say I'm happy about that at all.

Looks like the AP1 option for phoenix weapons is also gone, so Palatines and Phoenix Terminators are relegated again to anti-marine duties. Back to power fists! 

What things have 'Slow' or 'Bombard' I wonder? Thinking outflanking Terminators in a Spartan would just be nasty with Maru Skara.

Also, there is a Traitor limitation on characters taking Sonic upgrades, but nothing in the Palatine or Phoenix unit entries so you could have loyalists with sonic shriekers looks like!

Edited by Brother Kraskor

• 3 months later...

Hey guys- I recently got back into HH, this Time starting with EC (I already have a large WB force). I was supremely disappointed to learn that we don’t have any specialized line troops. 

currently: my collection is 60 kakophoni, 10 Phoenix guard terminators, eidolon, fulgrim, about 40 tactical marines that I’ve yet to assemble,  xiphon interceptor, spartan, contemptor and a leviathan.

I’ve got a 2000 pt tourney in 45 days, And I’ve gotten properly trounced by white scars and imperial fists in some practice games. I need help hive mind. 

i found in assault- while we hit first, we do NOT hit hard at all (except eidolon- he’s a rockstar) and we inevitably crumble when they swing back. 

the kakophoni (purchased loooong before this edition was a thing), are great at pinning units, and I’ve had them delete all manner of infantry. But then I’ve had them die horribly in retaliation fire (even if in cover). 

the lack of specialized line troops hurts the most. I am considering breacher squads. Does anyone have any other suggestions?