XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

Look at that, you're making me like a mini I didn't care for until now. Good luck with the rest of your challenge!

cool, I hope you like the rest as well when itnis finished

I love the Lost Legions people make, I know this was started years ago, but the recent update made me check it out - really cool background/lore for the legion, and even those first WIPs of your Primarch look inspiring! :D

Making me want to pull mine out of its secondment to the bitz-box!

Thx, I can only encourage you^^

Ok. Guys, I was building a base and i realized I am really bad at tower building^^

I am so looking forward when this is finished. When I take my hammer out and smash it into bits so that I have a nice ruin base for my diorama

981767_sm-.jpg

Even incomplete, the diorama looks awesome. Will you pose the Daemon Prince's vanquisher standing atop the monster, with a blade buried in its chest? Or like a diver, upside-down and with blade reaching for the enemy's heart

Thx.

I have no idea^^ you mentioned my options. I thought thst he clings to the enemy with his chain spear and is aiming for the final strike while they crash into the.building. but which option will look better. Standing or falling?

If your hero has a jump pack or jet pack, you might as well pose him like a diver, upside-down; the jump pack or jet pack grants him options unavailable to those without such equipment, meaning you can justify more dynamic poses.

If your hero has no jump pack or jet pack, then pose him right side up- the pose any person instinctively adopts when jumping from great heights when he lacks wings or other equipment that would've let him fly- with his feet planted on the Daemon Prince's chest.

In both cases, your hero's blade should be buried in the Daemon Prince's vitals- heart, throat, the brain via the eye socket or other weak points in the skull- to let us viewers know they're engaged in mortal combat.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 months later...
Something WoL-related for the timeline:

033 M31. The Grey Exiles

Devastated on the Day of Revelation, the Wardens of Light have watched in Gorro from their domain of Caerbannog as the Imperium turns upon itself. Gwalchavad chooses abstention from the conflict, but Lord Commander Mikhal Sasori defies him and leads a host of the Wardens into the Insurrection on the Loyalist side. They strike unexpectedly at Tanabor, engaging a Steel Legion force and buying much-needed time for beleaguered Loyalist forces in the region to regroup and drive the foe into retreat.

It is mostly void pattern mk4 armor. So just mk4 with extra layers of frontal protection. It is often altered to resemble armor used in caerbannogs past/ culture Edited by MikhalLeNoir

• 3 weeks later...

(Too late for the Challenge, but here is the story I started that was requested.)

The Lost Knight

They came on wings of fire. 

Gwalchavad watched with curiosity and apprehension with mechanical eyes. These were not the occasional pilgrims seeking his wisdom and approval. Three of the largest transports Gwalchavad had ever seen came to a roaring landing in Averlorn's largest courtyard. The ancient ruins did not stir, but that could be quite temporary. Every pilgrim knew that weapons were forbidden in this refuge.

The strangers did not.

Teams of warriors marched out of transports, all of them armed. They established firing lanes and defensive perimeters. The danger was clear.

Moving faster than the human eye could follow, Gwalchavad sprinted from his hidden position. To his immense surprise, a voice commanded, "Halt!"

He froze. He was halfway across the courtyard. Never had anyone seen him at his fastest. The speaker was exiting the largest transport, surrounded by golden warriors twice as tall as he. He was a plain-looking man with raven-colored hair. Much more impressive were the giants exiting the other two transports. One wore armour of white with a jewel gleaming in the center of his forehead. The other bore a warrior's topknot and piercing eyes. 

All this Gwalchavad absorbed in a fraction of a second. He threw up his arms to show he was unarmed. "Peace!" He was about to say more, but the familiar thud from behind him warned the masked giant that it was too late. 

The Guardians of Averlorn marched. 

• 2 weeks later...

XIIth Legion Praetor

Tunabar Dinalen

Master of the Fifth Chapter

One of the second generation of Caerban Legionaries, Dinalen was a celebrated figure in the XIIth Legion, possessed of astonishing swordsmanship and a fine enough tactician to achieve high command despite his pariah aura. Records attest to nine planetary compliances achieved by Dinalen’s victory in single combat against an enemy champion, and he critically destabilised an Ork horde on Yilen II by slaying their Warboss.

The Fifth Chapter suffered on Gatra V along with all their brethren, withdrawing to Caerbannog in the aftermath and ordered to patrol the limits of the Corridor. Gwalchavad’s command was sufficient to restrain Dinalen, though his discontent was noted by High Chaplain Gwench’len: “Brother Dinalen shuns the inner systems, prowling the borders like a hound not quite straining his leash.” In the periodic councils which were called, Dinalen or his representatives would always argue for intervention in the civil war, obeying the contrary edict that came but never quieting in their dissent. The Fifth Chapter was, unsurprisingly, among the first into the fray when the order was finally given to set aside their neutrality.

Dinalen’s helm integrates the traditional mask which afforded a pariah Warden some control over his aura, and likewise his “Iron” pattern armour is heavily ornamented in the Caerban fashion. His sword is a precious relic of the Legion’s Terran origins; a charnabal sabre, exquisitely crafted and frighteningly deadly in the hands of a blademaster like Dinalen, despite lacking the more obvious offensive capabilities of a power sword.

Edited by bluntblade

@Bjorn, I did it mostly as you suggested it. Pics will follow. Soon^^

So you read my title. What do I mean? Well as I am prisoner to the truscaletrain, i qant to revamp my whole legion and go for a more bulky truscale look. In order to achieve that and don't take forever I made some masters and gave them a good friend of mine who casted them.

As I designed them modular, I can alter them at will ( yay) so the first few are built ( the kamas are made with Brother Chaplain Kages tissue trick) and I wanted to show them to you.

999626-.jpg

999627-.jpg

999628-.jpg

999629-.jpg

999630-.jpg

Here a comparison with an old truscale warden and a primaris

999634-.jpg

999464-Warden%20of%20Light%20Destroyer%2 This pic is from a friend of mine Giacomo Ma who works for parabellum games, but he was so intrigued by my destroyers, that he had to sketch one.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Thx man. I try my best.

Advice? Just go for ot and if you run into lkre problems din't have any problems retconning it.

I'm definitely going for it alright, have models built and all. I just want to do it in a way that doesn't break 30k/40k canon completely (need to make sure I can actually play them on the table)

You can always have them sealed off and then return un 40k. I like it that they are dead meat before the heresy, but I am a strange guy indeed.

I somehow think my gaming group would have a heart attack with that option. Dead before the heresy is the best bet for "canon" I think but my aim will be to get them on the tabletop at some point too. 

The primarch. The legion evolved around him and is still doing. Ideas which were once great were retconned. Atm i work on a complete overhaul of the origins ( well, a bit. Those who follow the botl incarnation of the wardens as well know the changes already) and my dream is it to have a black book one day. Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The primarch. The legion evolved around him and is still doing. Ideas which were once great were retconned. Atm i work in a complete overhaul on the origins ( well, a bit) and my dream is it to have a black book one day.

That's pretty cool, I did look at doing that but blanked a lot. It's easier for me to flesh out the legion and then mould the primarch I think