XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

• 2 months later...

Whew, it has been some time.

To all: thx guys for the kind words. It motivates me to get better and better.

Speaking of: this time I did not do too modular resculpts, but I love the chaosminis of shadowspear and so had a lot of loyalmarines left.

So that is what i have done to them^^

1020870-.jpg

1020871-.jpg

1020868-.jpg

1020869-.jpg

Ooooh, that's very interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Cast and then paint them.

And as the new primaris were announced today, got plenty of new models to play with^^

And wow, hit the 100k views.

To celebrate this, I show you a pic of this fateful day, when the wolves were set loose and the light faded away.

1004416-Breaking%20of%20a%20legion.jpg

Thx to Isuardi for his work.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Please pass on my compliments to Isuardi, for the beautiful artwork.

Will do. You may know him from various GW artworks

Very impressive sculpting !

Your going to cast them, I got that right? Like silicon mould casting?

Thx man. Had a lot of time to learn it.

A friend of mine is an experienced caster and he casts my greenstuff sculpts so that I may have an army because that casting is so time consuming.

Damn dude, your sculpting skills are keep getting better and better.

Hehe, I try to keep your pace.

By the way, I promised you war...although this is not the right place, I guess a little guest of darkness won't spoil the light.

Say Hello to the Nightmare of the VIIIth

1021127-.jpg

1021126-.jpg

1021128-.jpg

1021129-.jpg

1021130-.jpg

1021131-.jpg

• 2 months later...

We have a story about the preface. In short after the apostles did so well during rangdan, they felt immortal. But they underestimated the ork horde which was becoming a big waagh. The orks sucessfully damaged the wardens ship in orbit and cut off the ground troops from support and their mass sinply overrun the marines. Many were injured and this triggered a chain reaction, those injured would awaken the pariah gene and were not able to control it. This turned against their own brothers and the pariah marines degenerated rapidly as the gift turned also against themselves ( marines were created with warp shenanigans after all) and they killed a lot of marines with them, in the battle guaire amalasan choose a frontal assault but was bested by big ork warlord thundastruck and hacked apart. And thrown away. The survivors gathered under Cervantes and Dumah de Leon and took refuge in a cavern system. They had to leave their injured amd awakened brothers behind and hold out. Keeping enemies from entering the natural fortress with aimed shots and their termis in suicidally blocked the caverns ( imagine a bit of 300)

After a while the eagle warriors landed and crushed the orks. Guaire Amalasan was retrieved. He survived and did not degenerate. But he was not able to control his powers so he was put into stasis and the Leon Brother s took command.

I'd suggest going further, with the Wardens having to retreat from the world entirely and Amalasen left for dead. Potentially the Eagle Warriors go in later and drive the Orks back, but are unable to break the Waaagh! as it rages out of control of both Legions, luckily moving away from Imperial territory.

As for the pariah thing... I'm iffy on that being activated by stress. It seems like the sort of thing that would manifest in a huge way during implantation, hence the way it works later. Potentially it could be stirred up by Weirdboyz?

Potentially we could use this, and the subsequent battle, to plant the seeds for a Beast, come to think of it.

Edited by bluntblade

The pariah gene in the wardens is activated not by stress, but by close to death experience. It is dormant and needs to be activated. There are bacterias in reality who can de and activate genes if needed. This was the way the wardens have all the potential. If they activate it by themselves they become stronger pariahs, if they get the activated geneseed from newer primarch stock, they are not as strong. Like if you use a vaccine or your immune system has to fight for real.

Concerning the retreat, we can do that, but how will amalasan be retrieved?

My instincts are more that he should die, though I suppose he's reserved for other events.

Potentially, though, he could be stripped of or renounce his command after the disaster.

Is this a defect in the early gene-seed, before Gwal is found? Because that could be really fascinating.

In Broverse he renounce himself from command and is placed in stasis until Gwal appears.

It is not per se a gene defect, it is just not controlable. They need the masks to control it. The weaker pariahs would be able to function without the masks, although they could not control or focus their powers, but those who awaken their "gift" need the masks or they detoriate.

Why in stasis? If you want to really emphasise his disgrace, you really want him on the scene throughout. Always seeking redemption in battle, but never feeling like he's got it.

I was thinking that the pre-Gwal gene-seed wouldn't work quite as intended.

Edited by bluntblade

Because he is a danger to his brothers? That was my thinking of putting him jn stasis and it was Gwal who forgave him and reinstalled him into the force.

Or do you have an idea for him? Of course they could put the pariahs in stasis, launch them on the battlefield, deactivate the stasis and wreak havoc in the enemies. The pariahs might survive ine or two battles or they want to die in battle before they detoriate due ti the pariah gene wreaking havoc in their bodies. Like Some kind of radiation disease.

The pre gwal genestock can be activated through the death experience and is therefore very powerful but dangerous, while the after gwal stock uses his activated gene to have weaker pariahs. So it does not really work as it has all those negative effects.

Maybe go for the Blood Axes? Have the Waaagh!!! be half traditional Orky green tide sweeping over Imperial systems whilst meanwhile there's also this huge Shadow Waaagh!!! going on in the background with Warbands of Ork Kommandos spreading out before the visible Waaagh!!! for systems around like animals fleeing an incoming Tsunami.

And behind it all, perhaps the most brootally kunnin' Ork to ever live, da Boss of Bosses, da General of da Waaagh!!!, "Kannibal" Orkka.

Edited by Nomus Sardauk