XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

Very neat to see what appear to be some Wheel of Time influences in these guys in the form of Guaire Amalasan (well, that one is directly the same) and what seems like at least part of the Whitecloak symbol for the Legion emblem. Interesting choices! Is the lack of swords (just Terran-born) similar to the Aiel prohibition in some way? Did you intend the Eight Gates Battle Meditation to sound like attaining the Void and then Channeling? Also, the Primarch, are you alluding to the "Gwalchavad = Galahad = Galad" connection where Galad takes over as the leader of the Whitecloaks? Also, the Vagrant and the Fisher King? Allusions to WoT as well? I guess the Vagrant/Wanderer could also be Paul Atredies, that's where Jordan's idea seemed to stem from.

Not to derail this, it is just always interesting to me what people select to use as the basis for their DiY works.

I like the Gaelic mythology influences too, but I'm not sure I fully understand why this legion would have been completely eliminated from the Imperium? They seem incredibly noble and have very good intent toward the Imperium.

Also, I thought that all the Primarchs actually did meet on Terra at some point? Aren't there comments from some of the Primarchs that they were all gathered at some point in the HH books?

Your guys do look very neat in the gold with blue accents, almost a reversed Ultramarines HH scheme (although more blue accents than the Ultramarines have gold).

Edited by Bryan Blaire

Follow-up on the rules;Gwalchavad

-Dropping Eight Gates would be a solid way to reduce the number of variable modifiers, but it'd be quite reasonable to boost his base WS to 8. Improvements to WS and I are a bit less impactful at higher values, after all.

-Wisdom of Ages could make a good substitute Battle Meditation. Perhaps streamlined to "Gwalchavad's Initiative is equal to 4 plus the number of the current Game Turn"? Allowing him to reach I9/10 in Turns 5 and 6 isn't a huge advantage (how often will he be in a situation in which I9/10 is significantly better than 8 in turns 5 and 6?) but would make a fun extra.

Coimheadair

-It's an interesting concept, curious about the fluff behind 'em. It's hard to review, though, being quite different from most units involved in the Heresy! In terms of cost, I'd lean towards lower rather than higher, due to the smaller role Psykers seem to play in Heresy games (although that could vary quite a bit regionally).

Luth

-Not sure how the Battle Meditation is applied - is it referring to their Parry rule?

-Instead of Psy-hunters, perhaps just give them Psyk-out Grenades? Maybe those weapons are a contribution the Wardens of Light made that survived the purging of the Lost Legions.

Doininn

-I might have been a bit overzealous in saying the unit's superfluous - it has a level of deviation from its standard equivalent that seems typical of the Heresy legions. Still, applying Blast/Large Blast with a blanket rule, equally affecting Autocannons, Lascannons, Volktite etc strikes me as a bit awkward. Applying Barrage is the strong point of these rules, thematically, conjuring the image of the centered Doininn making impossible shots through cover.

I will consider the rules. But have you Seen revised ones yet? I think giving him WS 8 could make him to strong yet at the beginning. Bit i like the Iniative multiplier;)

Coimhedair: yeah, they have to be playtested. But i like the Concept behind them, cause they usw their Blankeness for defense measures and Support their comrades in arms while Other special Units Are Often out for the kill.

Luth: yap, the Battle Meditation is just their Parry skill. About the psyout grenades: they Are blankes and we Used the psyout grenades just to resemble that. Just a fluff thing. Otherwise giving them the opportunity to actually Are the developers of psyout grenades would ne cool. Man, now i have to think on it too.

Doinin:

Maybe the blast could only ne used by explosive or energyweapons? Would motiviate the doinin to equip These.

Thanks for your suggestions, replies like that always help and I have to Check now they can be Applied

@Bryan Blaire:

Well, keen Eye on your part. Everything wie Do is at least influenced by Things we experienced.

A Great Part is reffering to Wheel of Time. Like Building the void, Some names. But hehe the spear thing could ne from the aiel, but actually it wasn't them this Time. Cause i Chose an South East Asien influence, i checked the weapons Used and swords Are very Late introduced. They Used for the Most Parts Stocks and tonfas for warfare. As Well as Clubs and simple axes.

The eight Gates per se is a Reference to the Springtime of youth, maybe this helps in Discover who is meant;)

When I first thought of the Legion Symbol, the white cloaks werde indeed a Reference Point. I wanted to make the Legion als white als they wear wit Blue shoulder Pads....damn World eaters Stole my idea, so i Used the Suggestions here on the board and created a new one ( actually After a while we discovered thst the Celestial Lions have the Same color, But they are a 40k chapter, so they have to accept the Legion as Having the right to bling ;) GW then searched this boards here for inspiration and ripped my Color Scheme of for their eternal stormcasts!!! Bastards!!!!)

About Gwalchavad: his Name derrives from the arthurian galahad. It is the one who Round the grail, the purest of all. Maybe Jordan was influenced too, but Gealchavad Existed Long Long Time in my Head. Always used him aus avatar for Different rpg :)

The vagrant and the fisherking Are names given him from the population of his homeworld, als he wandern the Planet and originated from the islands of Fisher. Ghost King is his Titel, because he dissappeared although he was the ruler of his Lands. he is he, who is Not there, and if you warnt to rule, you have to go into a Quest and seek him out. So he tests your ability to rule, but no Wheel there. More arthus and common Legend.

And a Big Part is from the Lore of Dragon Age. You see, Mann influences, which i Hope, will create something new.

More to come, my daughter needs a diaper. Woah...that was an attack of Papa nurgle...

Back to topic:

Nobility would protect nobody from destruction. Magnus was noble too, and what happend? We all Know the story, although the wolves were manipulated.

So, what reasons could there be? In my opinion their were more Factors which brought their downfall.

1. misstrust: Gwalchavad was Not like the others, a blank, with Powers the others don't understand. In the Canon we have one other occasion where the primarchs get a retriction on powers they don't understand. Council of nikkea. So they don't understand his Powers, maybe they saw what they could achieve and they wanted to sanction it. But only because of one reason, they couldn't turn the emperor to their tide.

2. nobility: what? How can nobility bring their downfall. Because Gwalchavad sees the wrongdoings of the Great Crusade, that the noble astartes, who should defeat the Monsters who threaten humanity, became the monsters which they fight against. So they stopped in joint Operation the Support of killing the population of rebel Systems and tried to solve Things with diplomacy, which wasn't very popular by someone of the other primarchs.

3. which ties directly in: they don't kill Off xenos, they often halted their Brothers in killing off xenos, and Even make Peace treaties. No wonder, was Gwalchavad Comes from a System, where the humans live in peace with various xenos. Primarchs and officios are outraged, cause the galaxy is for the humans to take.

4. peaceloving fool.

5. schisma in the wardens. Terran Born don't understand the new ways. They were left alone Most of the crusade alone or joined other legion. To them their Honor is sullied by the steps their primarch make with his Peace concept. Their loyalty lies with the imperium and in war there are either People who kill, or Are Killed. Gwalchavads Diplomacy hinders them to gain Honor in war and they have still close connections to the other legions and See their new way aus foolish.

6. culminates in the Peace Treaty with a xenos Race, which is the Last drop. And cause the other primarchs rebel against it and The Wardens too often overstepped this line, the emperor has to move to Calm his other sons.

All those Factors Lead to the erradication of the wardens. The Terran Born join secretly forces with the executioners( guess who ;) ) and guess who Kills Gwalchavad Off? Afterwards the remaining Terran Born join the ranks of the ultramarines and After the heresy and after some more new foundings, some genepool from the Last surviving Wardens of Light is eventually carried over to a new chapter "the Grey Wardens". But nobody except the emperor himself remembers the story of the XIth because all evidence was purged from all imperial records.

As for the primarchs all Gathers in one Place, i always thought it was meant, that the 18 canonprimarchs were all there because when corax is Found, already 2 brothers ( say byebye to Icarion and Gwalchavad ) were lost.

I thought them as revers thousand sons(40k), which fitted nicely, cause they were their antithema.

Sorry for all those spelling errors, but my IPad does what ist wants, Even if english spelling is on....

Edit: actually I like the aiel Prohibition on swords... I will implement that . That will make the schisma between Terran Born and the others bigger. Cool thing. Why didn't i think of it?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Well, keen Eye on your part. Everything wie Do is at least influenced by Things we experienced.

A Great Part is reffering to Wheel of Time. Like Building the void, Some names. But hehe the spear thing could ne from the aiel, but actually it wasn't them this Time. Cause i Chose an South East Asien influence, i checked the weapons Used and swords Are very Late introduced. They Used for the Most Parts Stocks and tonfas for warfare. As Well as Clubs and simple axes.

The eight Gates per se is a Reference to the Springtime of youth, maybe this helps in Discover who is meant;)

When I first thought of the Legion Symbol, the white cloaks werde indeed a Reference Point. I wanted to make the Legion als white als they wear wit Blue shoulder Pads....damn World eaters Stole my idea, so i Used the Suggestions here on the board and created a new one ( actually After a while we discovered thst the Celestial Lions have the Same color, But they are a 40k chapter, so they have to accept the Legion as Having the right to bling ;) GW then searched this boards here for inspiration and ripped my Color Scheme of for their eternal stormcasts!!! Bastards!!!!)

About Gwalchavad: his Name derrives from the arthurian galahad. It is the one who Round the grail, the purest of all. Maybe Jordan was influenced too, but Gealchavad Existed Long Long Time in my Head. Always used him aus avatar for Different rpg :)

The vagrant and the fisherking Are names given him from the population of his homeworld, als he wandern the Planet and originated from the islands of Fisher. Ghost King is his Titel, because he dissappeared although he was the ruler of his Lands. he is he, who is Not there, and if you warnt to rule, you have to go into a Quest and seek him out. So he tests your ability to rule, but no Wheel there. More arthus and common Legend.

And a Big Part is from the Lore of Dragon Age. You see, Mann influences, which i Hope, will create something new.

Very interesting! One thing that might interest you is that both David Gaider and Patrick Weekes have admitted that they were influenced by the Wheel of Time in both the world and lore they created, so in a way, depending on what you use as an influence, you're possibly getting the WoT influence directly or second-hand twisted through the DA world-building.

Nobility would protect nobody from destruction. Magnus was noble too, and what happend? We all Know the story, although the wolves were manipulated.

So, what reasons could there be? In my opinion their were more Factors which brought their downfall.

1. misstrust: Gwalchavad was Not like the others, a blank, with Powers the others don't understand. In the Canon we have one other occasion where the primarchs get a retriction on powers they don't understand. Council of nikkea. So they don't understand his Powers, maybe they saw what they could achieve and they wanted to sanction it. But only because of one reason, they couldn't turn the emperor to their tide.

2. nobility: what? How can nobility bring their downfall. Because Gwalchavad sees the wrongdoings of the Great Crusade, that the noble astartes, who should defeat the Monsters who threaten humanity, became the monsters which they fight against. So they stopped in joint Operation the Support of killing the population of rebel Systems and tried to solve Things with diplomacy, which wasn't very popular by someone of the other primarchs.

3. which ties directly in: they don't kill Off xenos, they often halted their Brothers in killing off xenos, and Even make Peace treaties. No wonder, was Gwalchavad Comes from a System, where the humans live in peace with various xenos. Primarchs and officios are outraged, cause the galaxy is for the humans to take.

4. peaceloving fool.

5. schisma in the wardens. Terran Born don't understand the new ways. They were left alone Most of the crusade alone or joined other legion. To them their Honor is sullied by the steps their primarch make with his Peace concept. Their loyalty lies with the imperium and in war there are either People who kill, or Are Killed. Gwalchavads Diplomacy hinders them to gain Honor in war and they have still close connections to the other legions and See their new way aus foolish.

6. culminates in the Peace Treaty with a xenos Race, which is the Last drop. And cause the other primarchs rebel against it and The Wardens too often overstepped this line, the emperor has to move to Calm his other sons.

All those Factors Lead to the erradication of the wardens. The Terran Born join secretly forces with the executioners( guess who ;) ) and guess who Kills Gwalchavad Off? Afterwards the remaining Terran Born join the ranks of the ultramarines and After the heresy and after some more new foundings, some genepool from the Last surviving Wardens of Light is eventually carried over to a new chapter "the Grey Wardens". But nobody except the emperor himself remembers the story of the XIth because all evidence was purged from all imperial records.

As for the primarchs all Gathers in one Place, i always thought it was meant, that the 18 canonprimarchs were all there because when corax is Found, already 2 brothers ( say byebye to Icarion and Gwalchavad ) were lost.

I thought them as revers thousand sons(40k), which fitted nicely, cause they were their antithema.

Sorry for all those spelling errors, but my IPad does what ist wants, Even if english spelling is on....

Edit: actually I like the aiel Prohibition on swords... I will implement that . That will make the schisma between Terran Born and the others bigger. Cool thing. Why didn't i think of it?

On the subject of the Pariah/Blank concept: logically it has to be something that the Emperor created (which is okay, because the Emperor created Magnus as well). The Pariah "situation" could not have come about when he was scattered through the Warp, because the Pariahs are an anathema to the powers of the Warp. The Chaos Gods would not have directly manipulated (and likely wouldn't have been able to manipulate) the Primarch's structure to become something they couldn't have influenced, as this was directly counter to their purpose of gaining a foothold amongst the Primarchs to twist at least some of them to the cause and viewpoint of Chaos and create the schism and rebellion they caused.

Since we know that it is the Emperor that mandates the absolute removal of all records of the Lost Legions from the Imperial recorded knowledge, that reason probably shouldn't include something that logically he would have created. After all, the records of the Thousand Sons weren't fully expunged, and they had the sorcerer/flesh-change issues going on, which were pretty terrible overall.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Magnus was truly noble, considering he directly sacrifices numerous thralls to directly and selfishly disobey his father in several ways (in the same way that the Imperuim isn't truly noble by sacrificing thousands of psykers each day to keep the Emperor's corpse up and running - that's just twisted as well).

In the concept of the Lost Legions, it isn't the brothers that are the driving force, it really needs to be something that is an anathema to the Emperor's plans itself, which you have highlighted in the "peace-loving" aspect, but the question to me would be why the Emperor even let him have his Legion after spending time with this particular son. It seems like this nature would have been present from the beginning, so if the Emperor had an inkling this was going to be an issue, wouldn't he have tried to do something to ensure his son's compliance from the beginning? Perhaps breaking this edict is specifically the reason that the Legion was censured and destroyed, then erased?

While I understand the want to have something of this Legion survive, it just doesn't seem like it fits into the overall 30K-40K story to me. The true tragedy in this instance would be the utter destruction of a peace-seeking Marine contingent that could have helped avert some of the disasters with their outlook if they had been allowed to spread it. Letting a small portion of that continue forward as a Chapter of Marines (when the Second Founding wouldn't take place at a minimum for more than 150 years or so after the utter destruction of the Legion) seems like an attempt to forcibly keep them around even though logic would say they wouldn't survive, rather than simply allowing the full tragedy of the Legion's destruction to occur.

First: Sorry for the double post, but I think that the conversation between me and Bryan fits better in here.

:Very interesting! One thing that might interest you is that both David Gaider and Patrick Weekes have admitted that they were influenced by the Wheel of Time in both the world and lore they created, so in a way, depending on what you use as an influence, you're possibly getting the WoT influence directly or second-hand twisted through the DA world-building.

Wow, wasn't aware of that. That is an awesome thing to know, because Wheel of Time is one of my favourite fantasy stories of all time and Dragon age has this place in videogames^^

By the way: another big influence was the Drenai saga from david gemmell. Imho the best man, when it comes to fighting scenes and heroic fantasy. actually i am reading the lion of macedonia and i have always brother sigismunds hectarion in my mind^^.

On the subject of the Pariah/Blank concept: logically it has to be something that the Emperor created (which is okay, because the Emperor created Magnus as well). The Pariah "situation" could not have come about when he was scattered through the Warp, because the Pariahs are an anathema to the powers of the Warp. The Chaos Gods would not have directly manipulated (and likely wouldn't have been able to manipulate) the Primarch's structure to become something they couldn't have influenced, as this was directly counter to their purpose of gaining a foothold amongst the Primarchs to twist at least some of them to the cause and viewpoint of Chaos and create the schism and rebellion they caused.

Well, in the theory I created, it was not the warp who awakend the pariah gene, it was the primarch himself. how is that possible?

Well at first, I understood that the Primarchs were created with the help of the warp gods, and so they got their power at creation dircetly from the warp. but what if the emperor had a protection mechanism implemented? i mean? if i were him, i would have something hidden in there, that if things go worse i can stand up against the forces of chaos. so in maybe in all the primarchs, but of for sure in the XIth primarch as a safeguard hidden. an inactive pariah gene, which has activated himself, when deamons entered the capsule and tormentet the little primarch. how it was activated? maybe through the great amount of psychic pain.? Not so sure about it, nbut it cut off all connection to the warp and left a big hole in the soul of Gwalchavad. The gates were his eyes, so his gaze is his weapon (just like any other culexus assassin) Only controllable through his mask. I envision the whole pariah thing for Gwalchavad like if your are disconnected from the source in Wheel of time. Remember how they all feel? and that they need a purpose in order to survive? And when Nyneave researched Logain (Who is one of my favourite characters with Mathrim of course) There was this big void inside him. Only it was a passive void. For the 30k purpose it is an active void.

Since we know that it is the Emperor that mandates the absolute removal of all records of the Lost Legions from the Imperial recorded knowledge, that reason probably shouldn't include something that logically he would have created. After all, the records of the Thousand Sons weren't fully expunged, and they had the sorcerer/flesh-change issues going on, which were pretty terrible overall.

Yeah, but the 1000 Sons were amoung the other traitors in the end. At first the emperor could hae waited for the Magnus to be found and if, magnus would be a mutant as well and wasn't been able to stop the flesh chance, maybe then they would have been expunged.

And the traitors weren't expunged, because too many people have already known about them. One legion is easier to cover, then a whole rebellion.

And as mentioned before, I see all those factors together as reason for erasing all knowledge. Maybe the decission wasn't so good, so they have to expunge all records in order to save the picture of the godly good emperor.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Magnus was truly noble, considering he directly sacrifices numerous thralls to directly and selfishly disobey his father in several ways (in the same way that the Imperuim isn't truly noble by sacrificing thousands of psykers each day to keep the Emperor's corpse up and running - that's just twisted as well).

hehe, yeah, that isn't noble, but he was in my eyes a good guy, someone who would have fight for the empire. that he have his darks tones, makes him just the more interesting to me. We love grey shading.

In the concept of the Lost Legions, it isn't the brothers that are the driving force, it really needs to be something that is an anathema to the Emperor's plans itself, which you have highlighted in the "peace-loving" aspect, but the question to me would be why the Emperor even let him have his Legion after spending time with this particular son. It seems like this nature would have been present from the beginning, so if the Emperor had an inkling this was going to be an issue, wouldn't he have tried to do something to ensure his son's compliance from the beginning? Perhaps breaking this edict is specifically the reason that the Legion was censured and destroyed, then erased?

Hmm, good question. I see it the way, that the emperor was convinced, that he can use gwalchavad for his plans. and at the beginning the legion for them, but as time goes by, they figured other ways. they joined the people which they should finish off. all of this together and the speaking up from his sons would make the emperor think. i mean, how was the council of nikea, created? i think the more psycritic primarchs speak up and the voices against psykers were growing loud, so the emperor has to take charge of the problem.

Same way for Gwalchavad. Different groups, then this peaceloving :cuss, the support of xenos, the primarchs critic on Gwalchavad  (remember Kurze) That all lead to the demise of the XIth. Maybe he should be captured, but when his sons killed him off and the remaining wardens were slaughtered, the emperor had to clean everything up, because primarchs should be flawless. i could alter the story in this way.  Because of things like that, I love discussions about stories^^ You can always alter them, so that they increase their potential.

While I understand the want to have something of this Legion survive, it just doesn't seem like it fits into the overall 30K-40K story to me. The true tragedy in this instance would be the utter destruction of a peace-seeking Marine contingent that could have helped avert some of the disasters with their outlook if they had been allowed to spread it. Letting a small portion of that continue forward as a Chapter of Marines (when the Second Founding wouldn't take place at a minimum for more than 150 years or so after the utter destruction of the Legion) seems like an attempt to forcibly keep them around even though logic would say they wouldn't survive, rather than simply allowing the full tragedy of the Legion's destruction to occur.

Yeah, I think you were absolutley right in this. Originally the Grey Wardens are an idea for the lost brotherhood timeline, where the Wardens split. Full half is heading for terra to help the emperor, while the other half waits. The Terra Wardens split themselve after the insurrection and became the grey wardens. they wear their old colors before the reunion. But this is a story for the Special Project.

In the canonverse, the terran born fill up the ranks of the ultramarines, but then the story of the wardens end (until the endtimes, when all primarchs return, even the expunged^^)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall I realy like your attempt, especially the Pariah concept.
I admit that I was sold on this concept untill I read Brayns post, he makes some valid points.
What you could think about is what the Thousand Son did at the end of Outcast dead. He somehow closed himself from the warp, shunting all his powers away, but then again you have something like this in mind...

What about the Primarch being aware of how he ended up being spirited away from Terra and to hide himself from the powers of the warp, he somehow managed become a blank one.
Like Corax is able to go unseen, your Primarch overdid it a little and ends up blank :D
Oh, and great work with your figures, they're adorable.

Hm... with Icarion and Magnus as psykers, your primarch was intended as some sort of antichaos warrior?
along the line if he had stayed on terra, the emperor would've awakened his special abilities?

if we go the road of the inactive pariah gene als insurrance against the warp powers.

So there Are two choices: the pariah Gene was intentionally planted in Gwalchavad and was activated when Gwalchavad was tormented in his gestationcapsule

Or

He cut of all ties to the warp when the was tormented and that resulted in the Gaping VoId Insider Gwalchavad.

Seems the Same, but in point a the emperor willingly constructed a Weapon against the warp, in version b he isn't Award of gwalchavads nature.

I am Not sure which I like better. Both have their temptations to me. The weapon who does Not want to Fight is a cool idea. But the Option of Detailing the First meeting between Big emps and gwal is great to, because Big emps doesn't Know what awaits him ( paaaaaaaaaain)

END OF LIGHT

preview: end of light

"The end of light was near, when the two brothers confronted each other. The wolf against the avatar of light... I was there that day and believe me when I say: Even the sky wept at this sight..."

-unknown legionaire-

Just a little preview for things to come^^

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

THE END OF LIGHT Part 1

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/18/800885-.png

Heavy rain mixed with snow fell in big tears from the skies, as if the heaven itself was crying.

The big warrior hacked his way through the enemy lines, not bothering to look about the astartes he felled, for he knew, that every slice of his sword meant death.

He crushed the face of a golden warrior with the pommel of his blade and let the head of another explode with a aimed shot of his bolt pistol. Hacking, slaying, murdering he marched forward, the Wolves on his side. Where he was, the enemy line faltered, where he went the enemy broke. The golden armoured „Wardens of Light“ stood no chance against his wrath. But even then, they fought valiantly he had to admit.Three days have they fought against the odds. And here, they are still holding their stand.

The Wardens were taken by surprise, a complex plan set in motion by Guilliman of the Ultramarines and Malcador the Siglite, the hand of the Emperor himself.

The Wardens of Light prepared themselves for a celebration and not for the death they tasted now. Fools he thought, they deserved what they earned, making peace with xenos and going against the will of the Emperor.

The Space Wolves and Ultramarines were ordered to purge the Wardens of Light from imperial history, all records of them in imperial archives had tob e erased to. It meant that all their victories, all they had achived were in vain.

And for what? Spreading peace amoung the stars. Time over time they stretched the line, misinterpreted the wishes of the Emperor, denied his orders, befriended his enemies and let xenos join the ranks of the empire of mankind. It had to end like this. There is no peace amoung the galaxy, only war.

Nontheless this savagery had a bad taste on it. For the warrior in blue grey armor thought that relying on scheming tactics doesn’t seem very honourable. The plan was, that Malcador acted as decoy, bringing a peacytreaty in the name of the emperor to the planet. The Wardens were ordered to attend the act only with ceremonnial armour to honour the peace between humans and xenos. They were so naive… While they celebrated the fleets oft he Ultramarines and the Space Wolves reached the system, while the Ultramarines attacked the fleet, the wolves made planetfall and bombarded the planet, letting billlions die.

The peace of death ist he only peace foul xenos and abberations deserve he thought, but despite that fact he would have prefered to destroy them in an open conflict, where both sides were equal and only the better fighter emerges victorious. This was a slaughterhouse. No heavy weapons support for the Wardens of Light, no tanks, nothing from the deadly equipement the Astartes usually utilize for war, only ceremonial weaponry. There wasn’t even the chance of support from the sky, because Guilliman and his Ultramarinas must have by now destroyed the whole fleet of this pastiche of a primarch by now. Even here through the dark clouds and the everfalling snowrain, he could see the burning sky.

To his left a big Warden of Light managed to broke through the lines of Space wolves and killed 3 of them. The Warden advanced in his direction, killing more and more wolves in the attempt to reach him. He had no helmet on, which was a rare occassion amoung the wardens, he knew, for they only went to war, with there faces hidden, so that the light will not know, who brought darkness and death.  What nonsense the big Wolf thought as he stormed to meet his adversary, but bevor he could reach him, the tide oft he battle changed, and the Wardens pushed forward, bringing dead to the wolves. The lone fighter slayed his enemies with a big black axe, crushed them with a power fist and killed countless others with a blade on the tip of a long braid.

But before he reached the Wolf Warrior, he was swept away, instead assault marines with dual bladed chainswords gained the wolves attention, as they leapt in from the sky and the death cries of his space wolves ringed in his ear. „Unbelievable…how could this happen?“ But he knew, that now the elite oft he wardens carried the burden oft he fight, the Luth de oganach, pariah breed, whose gaze could even terrorize the standfest space wolves. „To me!!!“ the warrior yelled. „Return in Battle formation and repel the attack“

With new faith, the Space wolves engaged the Luth de Oganach, the sheer mass of the advancing space wolves forced the Luth backwards. But the other Wardens seized the weapons of the fallen wolves and helt their advance. The Luth jumped dozens of time into the ranks of the wolves and before they could defend themselves, the Luth retreated and spread death elsewhere, while the other Wardens sent deadly bolter salves into their enemies formations.

The Space Wolves died in the hundreds, cut down like wheat in the autumn, not able to counter the dance of the death which has come for them. The whole scene was a twisted mirror to before, when the Wardens of Light were killed en mass. The Big Wulf rushed forth, knocking a warden to the side and beheaded him with a turning backhand strike as he passed him. He dodged a bullet and kicked the shooting warden from his feet, cutting him in half, before he even reached the floor. He reaped through the enemies like the grimreaper himself. The wolves followed him, regaining the control of the battle, although it was now a massacre on both sides.

Suddenly shadow passed over him, one space wolve was brutally knocked aside and two others were tossed through the air, flying helpless like leafs in a storm and finally crushing hard on the snowy surface.

In front of him kneeled the Primarch oft he Wardens of Light, Gwalchavad, this peaceloving fool, who was in the warriors eyes responsible for this whole mess. This pariah was a disgrace to the title of primarch and brought shame to his brothers. 

The time slowed down, the wolve could see the snowflakes hanging in the sky, see their cristaline structure, their beauty, he saw raindrops merging with the snowflakes, the mud mixing with the blood of the dead and wounded.

Gwalchavad rised slowly, even the battle around them seemed to stop, as if Wolves and Wardens were both awaiting what was to happen next. The Big Wolve knew it, he would crush this miserable weakling and present his head to the emperor.

The time regained its speed, the battle between the two brother legions continued and the Wolfwarrior moved forward, ready to crush his enemy.

„For I am Leman Russ, the emperors executioner…“

Hello there, here i present you the first part of the "End of Light" where the Wardens of Light fight their last battle, but this time against their own brothers. I hope, that ypu enjoy the read, and feel free to comment and critizise so that i can improve the whole thing. sorry, my english isn't the best and wriritng in a foreign tong is always an extra challenge.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The worlds slowest painter is back and presents some more steps towards the finish line^^.

received 10207623062124125

received 10207623056683989

received 10207623059964071

received 10207623061684114

received 10207623064724190

received 10207623069044298

received 10207623069564311

received 10207623071684364

Switched the shinyness in favor of grittyness, but the bling still remains. The bling is mandatory.

“We're more of the love, bling, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you bling and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you bling and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the bling. Bling is compulsory. They're all bling, you see.”

Work actually on the base, so i have only the backpacks and weapons to finish and then finally the last weathering with weathering powder. When they are finsihed i can start on the luth and druss and i already have some plans to realize the comhedair.

Sorry for the low quality pics. when the squad is finished i will shoot them in a light booth with proper background. until then: Stay with the Light

C&C is welcomed

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The Mask special rule is very weak. Unless an enemy Psyker is running alone, even with Precision Shots, compared to the bonuses he gets when unmasked, there is no reason for him to just unmask ASAP. Why 499 points? Why not just a flat 500?

What does the Turbo Boost do? JP's cannot Turbo. If it was any other character, giving them the ability to use a JP in both the movement and assault phases would be what I'd suggest, but it's on a primarch, so I can't in good conscience recommend that.

Plus, I can't help but feel he is way too strong. With dance of death he can put out 21 Attacks +D3 Hammer of Hammer of Wrath attacks. That these attacks are Blinding, Counter Attacking, and Murderous Striking is too much, as well as ignoring FNP.

I'd recommend dropping the dance of death, as well dropping either the Rampage or the character to 5 attacks (4 base +1 extra attack). I just can't really ever see a reason why you wouldn't run Dance of Death the entire time.

I'd suggest you change dance of death to provide Rampage, Murderous Strike and Blind instead of all of its bonuses now.

Plus that 4++ reroll is incredibly powerful; look at Guilliman punching well above his weight in canonverse. To have it on such a good fighter is... Possibly breaking. After all, Guilliman can't ignore terrain, or move 2 ft a turn.

For someone who hates violence as well... He is a very powerful fighter, more so than many other fighters. I understand the idea that you want to make a martial artist character who only fights unless he has to, but he is like nearly Super Angron with the way he blends basic infantry as written.

His offensive prowess needa to drop by a large amount to make this transition.

Ahhhj reread the rules and I think you mixed up dance of death and the whirlwind from Beyond rules cause I used the same term.

Hmm. Playtested him a while as well as others. and he is only that strong if he is at the brink of death. And then it doesn't take much to kill him. He was one of the weakest primarchs and even lost to sigismund. Because of his low starting stats. Actually he is on the top 5 in our broverse. In canonverse the stronger take him out really easy.

The dance of death only works if he wounds and he wounds only on 17-20 percent. His reroll is if you miss the safe you can roll a dice and on a 5+ you can try to roll again. Griftoffer even suggested to give him 3+ inv straight. Before that a thunderhammer meant death to him most the time. He has no fnp roll or cripple the enemy rules.

He looks mighty but isn't. He has actually no Chance against pionus who laughs at his attemps and angron or raktra kill him most of the time cause it needs some rounds for him to gain an advantage. Even Sworrosworn kills him in the 4 of 5 of the battles due to his enormous statline. ( but that could be because that was his cthullu rules). So i must have really really Bad throwing luck here.

Hehe okay okay. The 499 are there to look like 499.;)

For his peacefulness and martial prowress i don't see were the this is contradictionary. Remember his lore that he happened to be there for a while. He was once leader as the other primarchs fought wars but he realized that constant wars won't save the day. Nontheless he still keep training as would do the most martial artists.

For the mask. I like the rule cause they fit to his character who wants to be in control of his abilities.

But thx that you take a look on him. But as mentioned anove. He is not overpowered compared to the other primarchs.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Small steps but steps nontheless, the slowest painter is back and wanted to show the rest of the bunch in there unfinished glory.

received 10207628056208974

received 10207628058489031

received 10207628059569058

received 10207628060729087

received 10207628061049095

received 10207628062249125

received 10207628062769138

received 10207628063529157

Here the almost finished Lloch Llawwynnyawc

received 10207628069449305

And the started Arngrim. at least his base is nearly done^^

received 10207628065969218