My new tabletop avatar is now done :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_14554_36710.jpg

He came out well, got some highlighting in on various bits though you can only make it out on the CSM. Getting half decent pictures was hard work :sad.: Unfortunately the heat is too much for any priming (and maybe painting, don't think the paints were too happy!) but that is fine. I'll just focus on assembly until that changes plus I've a few ideas on what I might like to paint next so I'll see what is ready and takes my fancy once the weather is more agreeable for spraying :smile.:

He looks wonderful! A show piece model for your army :D I can imagine him surveying the aftermath of the battle sipping his tea in quiet satisfaction ;)

I've found this hot and humid weather awful for painting, I'm gonna have to wait it out - don't want to ruin any models. Hopefully there should be a storm tonight, I've tried using fans but the paints really don't like the temperatures it seems. I feel bad for anyone who has this sort of weather regularly, I don't know how they get any hobby stuff done!

What did you paint your bullgryn skin with?

I've just done mine with Bugmans Glow, Reiklands Fleshshade, and layered it with Cadian Fleshtone, I'll do the highlights maybe tonight.

But the muscle grooves are very dark compared to yours, did you use Bugmans?

I'm lazy efficient, I only use two pots when I'm doing skin usually; Rakarth Flesh and Reikland Fleshshade. A smooth coat of Rakarth prepares for the wash and then it's just a matter of how much and where you put it. A light coating works nicely for a lighter tone but it's easy to build up a couple of them for more colour, or perhaps to focus more on recesses if you want the definition :smile.:

Assembly completed on the first Scion squad - melta edition:

gallery_30308_14554_32107.jpg

I'll need to poke around to find those good conversion ideas for the plasma squad, avoid the duplicate weapon arm (the designer needs to be told off for that) but feels good to finally have properly started on these. Ten more and a Taurox to go, but after the ETL :wink:

Once Arukan was brought into the Imperial fold once more, many great regiments were formed that continue to fight for the God-Emperor to this day. A long and glorious history has been forged, noting the founding date and achievements of these increasing numbers. Foremost amongst these is of course the 144th, long known as exemplars of the Arukan ways of war. A single entry lies unfurnished; no tallies of battle honours or commander's names. Only a solitary founding date next to the number "501".

There are several stories, from the regiment being destroyed in the warp leaving Arukan to a series of misfortunes leading it to be disbanded before being fully raised due to concerns of bad omens. Very quietly - even for Arukan standards - a small rumour exists of strange goings on in the long forbidden mountain ranges on Arukan, and the Inquisitor Lord himself being present... Those few to hear this rumour know it wise to not to pay it any heed.

I will cross that bridge in time, as I won't be able to complete them for this ETL. Fortunately I've taken a step forward with them and have finalised their colour scheme by completing a single model:

gallery_30308_14554_508.jpg

Grass PVA and water effect still drying even ;) Once the squad is done I'll break the transfers out and the 501st can march to glory :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just as well, as there's a lot of them to do on more models :P They're mostly done now just need the face plate and canvas and I can stick the transfers on to complete the model. The bases won't take long so I can get them done over an evening or two :)

gallery_30308_14554_9478.jpg

Kind of regretting leaving these models so long (years...), they're good fun to paint and look nice. I'm wondering about the next squad, have a few ideas to try out...

They look absolutely awesome! Proper Inquisitional :tu: I didn't even realise the shoulder trim was missing from the non-leader Stormies, it's a subtle change but adds a lot - I like it! Definitely keen to see a family photo of a load of your Guard together I reckon it will be quite the sight.

Ed the Commissar was an Artel W model which for legal reasons is sadly no longer available I believe.

Thanks chaps :smile.: Trimmed pads also makes room for the regiment transfer as well as help the Tempestor stand out a little more. The Commissar is no longer available I'm afraid, you might be able to find him on eBay perhaps but I imagine the price would not be encouraging.

Both the Commissar and Stormies are due a game this week, but I do need to do the power sword option for the Tempestor first.