Charlo's HH Thread: Malinax Transfers

Charlo

Oblivion Knight Pigtails got some gold on her!

The only gold I'll put on my Sisters - wanted to make it obvious she's in charge. Cape will be bright white and I'm undecided on the hair. I may do it the classic red, again to show she means business.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170424_232347_zpscyqagsel.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170424_232430_zpsblsbsh4p.jpg

Edited by Charlo

Waiting fo' my paint to arrive before I do more on the skin!

Read the post :wink::tongue.:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG

Oblivion Knight Pigtails got some gold on her!

The only gold I'll put on my Sisters - wanted to make it obvious she's in charge. Cape will be bright white and I'm undecided on the hair. I may do it the classic red, again to show she means business.

*whispers* perfect time to experiment with a purple wash/ink over gold since that might help tie it to the cloak.

Edited by Slipstreams

Only tin y critique, because the model of pigtails is way cool... She has an Inquisitorial symbol dangling down on her thigh... There was no Inquisition at the time of the Heresy, otherwise awesome model, and yes try purple on the gold, will give a nice antique feel to it.

Only tin y critique, because the model of pigtails is way cool... She has an Inquisitorial symbol dangling down on her thigh... There was no Inquisition at the time of the Heresy, otherwise awesome model, and yes try purple on the gold, will give a nice antique feel to it.

Did think of that, but the SoS/ Custodes symbols are all so similar (the Stylised I with something else) that it's a minor detail, that would have been more work than it's worth to remove!

Purple was right guys!

Also got everyone on bases as I only need to do the hair/ skin once my paints arrive. But they will see action in Zone Mortalis tomorrow against Militia!

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170425_192230_zps72pgnpqx.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170425_192242_zpsgcyqfqfo.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170425_192307_zpsa9poeg6d.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170425_192402_zpscr1mpnbn.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170425_192616_zpsb4w3xkqj.jpg

Awesome Stuff Bruh D: 

I  do like how unique your sisters will look ,I really gotta get back to my own even if they are boring standard colors

Also Slips abandoned me once  I started working on my Vith legion stuff  WHY THIS , WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME SLIPS 

Awesome Stuff Bruh D: 

I  do like how unique your sisters will look ,I really gotta get back to my own even if they are boring standard colors

Also Slips abandoned me once  I started working on my Vith legion stuff  WHY THIS , WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME SLIPS 

Because I can't really contribute to VIth legion stuff yo :P I ain't got much to add.

I took the Inquisition symbol off the front of my Greyfax - it was fairly easy to cut off and file down to the level of the tabbard - but guess I won't know for certain how well it worked until I actually paint her. Never thought about it being a nod to Malcador & the Knights Errant, which is a really good idea, but too late now since it's gone. Probably makes sense in my case anyway, because I'm using her as a Silent Judge, complete with stake crossbow and power sword, rather than as a Knight-Centura. Still struggling on how I'm going to convert her backpack into a Nuncio Vox though. 

Guess you'd be using Garro (or similar build-a-bear variant) rather than Rubio, if you've got Sisters mixed in with your Custodes. His Protector Oath of Moment, if you take a Tankibune, is a near guaranteed (short of an unlucky stomp or D-hit) 2 victory points every game.

Will be there tonight with my Word Bearers, so best of luck with your game against the Militia. You'll be out numbered, but probably not as badly as you could be, since I think he's playing mostly Survivors of the Dark Age Grenadiers rather than Cult Horde - at least he was a couple of weeks ago in my game against him. I'd quite like a game against your Talons sometime - perhaps I'll draw you in the second round. Very keen to see how they play since I'm planning a similar army.

Awesome Stuff Bruh D: 

Thanks man, they're inspired by the alternative colour sheet from the middle of the army list, but then I took some liberties with the paint I had :tongue.: I wanted them to contrast with my Custodians so I didn't get bored of a just gold on gold on gold army...!

really want the Sisters tank to come out so I can buy one or two. Sad it's not out this weekend when I'm at Warhammer World.

Malcadors sigil is similar enough to the inquisitorial rosette that I just go with "she's got extra malcy authority"

maybe it will be a good wway to include a knight errant later  D:  a little link   

Great points... Maybe i'll smash one together from the models I have lying about. Yesterday when looking for the Castellax I bought a while ago I found the entire washed resin beginnings of my DG force. Oops.

I took the Inquisition symbol off the front of my Greyfax - it was fairly easy to cut off and file down to the level of the tabbard - but guess I won't know for certain how well it worked until I actually paint her. Never thought about it being a nod to Malcador & the Knights Errant, which is a really good idea, but too late now since it's gone. Probably makes sense in my case anyway, because I'm using her as a Silent Judge, complete with stake crossbow and power sword, rather than as a Knight-Centura. Still struggling on how I'm going to convert her backpack into a Nuncio Vox though. 

Guess you'd be using Garro (or similar build-a-bear variant) rather than Rubio, if you've got Sisters mixed in with your Custodes. His Protector Oath of Moment, if you take a Tankibune, is a near guaranteed (short of an unlucky stomp or D-hit) 2 victory points every game.

Will be there tonight with my Word Bearers, so best of luck with your game against the Militia. You'll be out numbered, but probably not as badly as you could be, since I think he's playing mostly Survivors of the Dark Age Grenadiers rather than Cult Horde - at least he was a couple of weeks ago in my game against him. I'd quite like a game against your Talons sometime - perhaps I'll draw you in the second round. Very keen to see how they play since I'm planning a similar army.

I've got a Cadian Vox Caster that I've just Blu-tac'd on for the game tonight, but I might green-stuff an ear piece on one down the line.

I'd probably build-a-bear one with a Jump Pack and Apothecary gear or the like! Or the Nemean Reaver. Probably the Nemean Reaver, seeing as I could even use his rules as a Custode conversion (T5, EW etc).

Which WB player are you? Will look out for you on the tables! I might even have a second game against Dave's IW if I have time as his opponent dropped out :ohmy.:

....His model count is smaller than mine with Dreads and Iron Circle.

Edited by Charlo

I've got a Cadian Vox Caster that I've just Blu-tac'd on for the game tonight, but I might green-stuff an ear piece on one down the line.

I'd probably build-a-bear one with a Jump Pack and Apothecary gear or the like! Or the Nemean Reaver. Probably the Nemean Reaver, seeing as I could even use his rules as a Custode conversion (T5, EW etc).

Which WB player are you? Will look out for you on the tables! I might even have a second game against Dave's IW if I have time as his opponent dropped out :ohmy.:

....His model count is smaller than mine with Dreads and Iron Circle.

I've just spotted the Skitarii backpacks that might work with a little cutting & modification. I've ordered a few to have a play with and see how they fit. The other big problem I'm having is getting hold of crossbow bits for Stake Crossbows - I've decided to use the one from Greyfax, but they seem to be nearly as rare as rocking horse s**t - may need to rethink my plan of trying to get four of them.

I could say I'm the WB player with Zardu, but I think there's three of us playing with him in the traitor faction, so that's probably not very helpful. I do have a footslogging Leviathan and a Rhino that I probably over-blinged with transfers, if that helps.

Multiple dreadnoughts and Iron Circle sounds fun, but brutal in 1000 points. Think you'll need more than one solarite gauntlet to deal with the dreads, but the Iron Circle should fall to your Sagittarum fairly easily if you can keep them out of close combat. 

Edited by ChainMachete

Battle Report:

Turns out due to lack of kit, we're just playing a very dense terrain normal game, NOT ZM. Gulp.

Hes got a lot of survivors of the dark age militia, multilaser rapiers, a Rhino, AP2 missile launchers & medics.

Were playing a custom mission: center of the board is one objective. End of each turn if you control it you gain X victory points equal to the turn number. Quarter deployment but a 12" circle in the center you can't deploy in (unless you are sneaky sisters with infiltrate).

I think the game plan is use my tough units to just hold the objective and hope resilience will carry me as I claim objectives. If I can hold until turn 4 then hell be hard pressed to win.

I rolled the warlord trait that means he uses his lowest leadership within 12" of my warlord. Which is -1 because SOS. The turncoats are scared of the Emperor's vengeance!

I deployed first and first turn (holy crap 3" coherency):

Custodes moved up, charged a recon squad and obliterated them. Couldn't consolidate down the building. But now they are closing on the rapiers with the Sisters. Hoping they will sling shot across the board on combat....

His shooting killed all of my sword ladies bar the warlord, he then missed all 5 kraken missiles at her!

Turn 2:

Centura pigtails kills entire grenadier unit by herself. Shield guys kill a recon squad in combat. Consolidate towards a blob. Spears make it down the building. I shot instead of running like an idiot.

He retreats, and shoots the Shields with Las rifles dealing a WOUND.AP2 missiles finish him off and wound another. Multilasers does nothing.

Turn 3:

Centura joins the spear guys. And they charge the rapier. Shield guys charge a blob on the right. Saggitarum have not been mentioned because they have done NOTHING OF NOTE.

Spears kill a rapier in combat and shield guys don't break the militia. I should have angled my warlord for her trait better.

Pic

Spears kill the final rapier and Shields bogged down in a militia squad. Passing Ld test for the 3rd time in a row.

His reserve rhino turns up and S5 laslocks kill a custode with one wound.

Turn 5

Custides charge the new squad, but they hold the onslaught. Shield guys finally win combat.

From here we called it as I was 15 - 1 up... But he had ended my saggitarum with AP2 missiles. In return they killed one launcher team all game...

She was average, the warlord trait meant that the grenadier squad was easy meat for her. His AP2 Missiles all missing her turn 1 was so so so lucky for me, but we think it still would have been my game overall if she had fallen then. I was terrified of his Multilasers with her only being T3 and on her own, so one roll of a 1 and she would have bitten it.

MVP was the 5 man sister squad with bolt guns who capped the objective all game!

Saggitarum Guard... They are so bad it hurts, especially against militia on a terrain dense table. I think I'm just going to count them as Adrasite Spear Guardians and pop a sword on their back or something. If I had used their points on Spear or Shield guys it would have been crushing.

He infiltrated and scouted his Recon Squad to a bit more over 12" away from my Spear Guys. I moved 6 and got a 9" Charge. He did try to take them off the table, but as my first ever Custodes combat I made him watch me roll the combat :P

Fun Fact: Every 6 I rolled to hit with Guardian Spears and generate another attack, went on to miss...

Ah! If you posted your Rhino and Leviathan the other day then I know who :smile.: Sweet!

That was me. Was going to say hi, but by the time I had finished my game, you had finished yours and couldn't see anyone with Custodes out.

Saggitarum Guard... They are so bad it hurts, especially against militia on a terrain dense table. I think I'm just going to count them as Adrasite Spear Guardians and pop a sword on their back or something. If I had used their points on Spear or Shield guys it would have been crushing.

I think that they are pretty bad compared to the rest of the army was always a given. There are two reasons to include Sagittarum - 1. fantastic looking models; and 2. to scale down the power level of the rest of the list enough to give your opponent a fighting chance - always better to have a close (or even solid) victory rather than a crushing victory. But I guess I would say that, because I might end up drawing you in the next round or two. :-)

Yeah, forgot to take many... So here is one that I took :P

Lovely dense board, but he had some tasty ruins to hide in and much more shooting.

Sword sisters are gone at this point, but his flanks have been crushed by the Oblivion Knight combat Custodes.

Bolter ladies hold the objective in the center. Sagittarum stand with them - doing NOTHING.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20170426_202537_zpsnldlms3f.jpg

I laughed at the poor Sagittarum plight as Militia would have been a great army to use them on with all the 4+ and lower saves.  However, it looks like universe continues to conspire against them with your opponent getting 3+ saves on his main squads :tongue.: