WarriorFish's Inquisition Blog

Thanks Kier, he's having to wait for the moment for more games as I hurry to finish my Leviathan this weekend. Once that's done it'll be time to focus on my CSM once more but I'm planning on getting the odd Inquisitional model done in between to help keep things fresh :smile.: Still got the Kasrkin and a DCA high on that list :biggrin.:

I noticed I seem to have forgotten to post up the finished priest, so here he is:

gallery_30308_10604_5068.jpg

He turned out quite nicely, so I may get around to doing another such priest. Can't have enough warband candidates right? :wink:

• 9 months later...

After a long time, I can finally make good on that Inquisitor! :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_10604_72554.jpg

He has a sword stashed that can serve as either a CCW or power sword, and the pistol arm is magnetised so I can add a bolt pistol and probably also some combi-weapons :smile.: Looking forward to getting started on him, I think I might go with the classic Inquisition scheme :thumbsup: Won't be as long to wait as last time though, as he needs completing by the 5th of February :wink:

Looking good, Warriorfish. I'm looking forward to seeing him with some paint on him. When you say "classic inquisition scheme" do you mean you're going to paint his armour black, white, red, or gold (all four of those options have much historical use among Inquisitors)?

He's more military/guard looking than I'm used to in inquisitors -- a nice little twist and it should help him fit in with your guard army.

Thanks Nico, I'm planning on doing him with black armour and a bronze for trim. I'll add an Inquisition transfer too, probably a white one.

His former status as a Guardsman will help him fit with my Guard army yes, but the real reason is its his actual backstory - he's a character from Dark Heresy :smile.: That's also the story behind his camo cloak scarf. Sadly I can't replicate him fully within the rules, but I've spoken enough times about the limited options Inquisitors have :tongue.:

I will be starting work tomorrow, should be able to get a fair bit done on him - with a bit of luck perhaps even finishing :thumbsup:

Ahh honored compatriot! Very excellent performance in the service of our holy lord and high master! Welcome back to the project, I've had my eye on your work. Even now I too am refining my forces to see the storm through. In the meanwhile, instill pervasive discipline, ensure reverence persists, and may the ever-guiding light of the beloved Emperor of Man be with you and your throng! 

Looks like a good start to me :thumbsup: I have various bits that I plan on using, I'll see what takes my fancy when I get to building. I have a few other projects at the moment (seemingly always so!) so progress may be intermittent but I may use the Cleansing of Ioria event to make headway on my Inquisition stuff :

He's looking good WarriorFish.  I like the no-nonsense "special ops" feel that you've created.  He's not your typical ostentatious Inquisitor, and I think it works really well - especially if his retinue is made up of similarly modelled Inquisitorial Storm Troopers.

Thanks Kiwi, I plan to have my Stormies double up as both Guard and Inquisition models. I just need to paint them all up (and decide a colour scheme...) :P

I have the idea of having them match across the armies, which is simple enough. The Guard are a temperate camo scheme (you can see it on his camocloak) and the Inquisitorial elements have the Inquisitor Lord's red on. What may be the issue is having the Stormies more distinct from the Guard as I want them to be a bit different. I'm still mulling over ideas...

He's looking good! I particularly like the auspex screen, I've always done the easy thing for display panels and just painted them like large lenses.

As for the Stormies maybe green camo fatigues and red armour? I don't know if that will look good now though thinking about it... maybe red camo?! :laugh.:

I've never tried a fancy auspex screen before so it turned out well. Though thinking on it, might be because I've never painted an auspex before...

I thought of red armour, but it'd likely not work with green camo fatigues. I also thought of a completely different camo scheme, but then there would be less to link them to the Guard... I might be trying for the impossible :confused:

Well, the Inquisitors armour is black so maybe the Stormies too? Keep the fatigues camo green to tie into the Guard? Or swap it so black fatigues with camo armour? Are you going to add some red via the helmets perhaps? Or shoulderpad actually, I believe that's what you've done before for Vet Guard. Honestly I think a test model is in order! It's what I'm doing with my Inquisitional Stormie Acolyte right now, painting one up first to test my scheme.

I'd go with camo fatigues, black armour, and then some red elements like shoulder or knee pads. Could do everyone's left knee pad red like the inquisitor. They'd look quite similar to the inquisitor but also tie in nicely with the guard.

I think black armour may be the way to go, yeah. Kind of painted (ho ho ho) myself into a corner so sadly I will need to decide on having my cake or eating it. I have some other plans that would let me stretch my painting scheme muscles plus I rather like the modest black and bronze scheme, so why not expand it? I'll check out the models and settle on what colours can go where :thumbsup:

Guess I've just bumped some Stormtroopers up on the paint list :wink: Sadly this list is looking somewhat busy :laugh.: