WarriorFish's Inquisition Blog

Thanks everyone :smile.:. Curious thing was that the trim on the chest piece merges with the back of the armour - I checked GW's and that's how they painted it so I thought I'd do the same. I've been plodding away on the others so should have something to show later this week :thumbsup: Although I won't get any more Stormies done for the ETL I intend to finish painting my existing models soon after. I've another five man squad partially assembled (plasma), and another box set for a Command Squad (volley guns?) and Tempestor Prime then it'll be the Taurox Prime though probably no rush as I expect I'll Deep Strike them almost all the time.

• 1 year later...

Back again, though later than it should have been as I forgot to add the new Stormie squad I completed as part of ETL VII earlier this year:

gallery_30308_15503_15411.jpg

With the updated Inquisition rules I decided to play around for a 500pts Inquisitorial task force:

Hidden Content
++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [8CP, 387pts] ++

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Gametype: Matched

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Millitarum Tempestus

+ HQ +

Lord Commissar [35pts]: Bolt pistol, Power sword

Tempestor Prime [41pts]: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Display Astra Militarum Orders, Master of Command, Relic: Kurov's Aquila, Warlord

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [73pts]
2x Scion
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

Militarum Tempestus Scions [67pts]
2x Scion
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Militarum Tempestus Scions [51pts]
2x Scion
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

+ Dedicated Transport +

Taurox Prime [120pts]: Heavy Stubber, Taurox Battle Cannon, Two Autocannons

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Inquisition) [113pts] ++

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Inquisitor Greyfax Helena [-1CP, 85pts]: Hereticus - Ascertainment, Hereticus - No Escape, Stratagem: Inquisitorial Mandate

+ Elites +

Acolytes [8pts]: Ordo Hereticus
Acolyte: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Acolytes [8pts]: Ordo Hereticus
Acolyte: Chainsword, Laspistol

Acolytes [12pts]: Ordo Hereticus
Acolyte: Laspistol, Power sword

As an added bonus I've already started on the next batch of five Stormies, and they'll be next up after I complete my current project (which is very nearly there). Grenade Launchers aren't the best weapon for Stormies, but they're cheap and versatile plus you keep the BS3+ so I reckon they're a good choice. I'd just need the Taurox and the list will be complete :smile.:

Might even be a decent force too? Could load the Taurox up and drop a couple of the Stormies in - probably not a great way to run the list but it'd certainly have Rule of Cool going for it :tongue.:Greyfax Helena has yet to hit the table so this would be a good way to do it, a neat 500pts that can run in small games or be a bolt on to a 1000pts list.

While we're rounding off catch ups, here's a blast from the past:

gallery_30308_10604_312.jpg

gallery_30308_10604_36369.jpg

The Inquisitor Lord's personal Land Raider, back from the days of yore! I went to town on it, even modded the doors to open:

gallery_30308_10604_70862.jpg

Some of the metallics could do with a spruce up, washes didn't exist back then :laugh.: Otherwise she holds up well to the passage of time, I think it's where most of my Red Gore pot went too (gone but not forgotten) :tongue.:

Hopefully when the Inquisition gets a proper update we can get some more options like this back - like the good old days :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be, but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. It worked out quite neatly before but the changes are significant enough to open a large enough gap that I probably need to start from the beginning again. I'll have a play with Battlescribe when I'm in the mood, if nothing else I should be able to work in extra Inquisitorial elements as the Stormie options are sadly limited.