Blood Angels third party bits database

Jolemai

I've ordered chaplain bits, shoulder pads and the scout legs you did. Will they require much sanding in your opinion?

Hey, thanks!

The shoulder pads and chaplain pieces shouldn't require much cleanup at all. You may find a bit of soft residue in the crevices of the back of the shoulder pads (just inside the little squares) but that can be picked out with the tip of a hobby knife. I always soak my miniatures for a few minutes in warm soapy water but be careful if you scrub them with a tooth brush as you may scrape off the smaller rivets. The legs I ordered a few weeks ago were grainy in the back half. If this happens to you take some pictures and email Shapeways. They were quick to reprint and mail me new ones which came out much smoother.

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get around to doing more BA successor stuff. Here's what I plan to order and test so far.

Any chance of double blood drop pads for 6-9th companies?

Yes, successor pads as well. Here's a render for now but I'll let you know when they're available for order :biggrin.:

gallery_54286_12794_137405.jpg

Alright, brothers, the Blood Angels reserve company and successor pads are now available!

First founding chapters too but I won't mention them here for risk of going off-topic :whistling:

Instead of a toothbrush use a 'brush' with rubber bristles if you can find one. It won't damage the bit. :wink:

Thanks, I'll have to pick one up.:thumbsup:

Alright, brothers, the Blood Angels reserve company and successor pads are now available!

First founding chapters too but I won't mention them here for risk of going off-topic :whistling:

Instead of a toothbrush use a 'brush' with rubber bristles if you can find one. It won't damage the bit. :wink:

Thanks, I'll have to pick one up.:thumbsup:

You're welcome. :smile.:

Hnnng...just noticed you have some sweet Slaanesh and Knights of Blood pauldrons....damn you I already spend all my saved up money and didn't plan to spend any the next two months on models. Ah why make plans anyway. :rolleyes:

Now you just need some Terminator Pauldron versions as well and maybe some Grey Knight/BA mixed design helmets and i'd be incredibly happy  :P (I feel like I said that somehwere already :ph34r.: ).

Edited by sfPanzer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anywhere to go to get shoulder pad accessories in bulk? I'll be getting the Dark Imperium box set and would like to try and decorate the shoulder pads a little, but seeing how the pads are already attached, I'm looking for something that can glue on top of them. e.g. Death Company bits below. I like the current 'blinged up' tactical squads, and don't want these guys looking too plain in comparison. If not, the transers in the box will be fine, but it would be good to get something molded on if possible.

http://www.bitzstore.com/1287-large_default/wings-blood-angel-bitz.jpg

Someone in the RG sub-forum linked this page for Raptors players, but it also has some great stuff for Flesh Tearers and Lamenters (plus anyone interested in a variety of Badab Chapters:

https://www.chaptercustomizer.com/

Vehicle Icons & doors, pads, decals and airbrush stencils.

Since it's all made to order stuff I presume you can request other designs for your particular chapter too.

I guess your two options are to scour the bits sites or to make a mould (of an ornament you sculpted yourself).

Yeah seems most of the bits sites have 1, 2 or none available. Looking for ~20. Being in Australia, don't want to pay shipping on a bunch of orders if I can get away with it. So mould or sticking with the transfers might have to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess your two options are to scour the bits sites or to make a mould (of an ornament you sculpted yourself).

Yeah seems most of the bits sites have 1, 2 or none available. Looking for ~20. Being in Australia, don't want to pay shipping on a bunch of orders if I can get away with it. So mould or sticking with the transfers might have to do.

I have an stl file that's close to this.

• 2 months later...

Those look great, only thing missing is one or two double grip options but cutting the arms to fit would be a bit of work I'm sure.

Also, Meeplemart is great. Not a world of love from the local gaming community but oh MAN that store is a goldmine of hobby.

On the secon sight i saw that there is no second hand holding the grip but nothing you can´t fix.

Yeah i know the origin shopsite and ordered already some stuff. Good quality and always an goodyback with usefull bits in there. Recommend it.

Edited by Riot Earp

shapeways, Plokoon

You sure it was on his store? I looked through the entire store. Didn't see them.

I use this legs for nearly everything what is humankind.

http://www.spellcrow...legs-p-291.html

I saw these. They look good, but too similar to the current Scout legs.

Hundred percent, I have a set. They look good, but are maybe a little skinny and they make scouts look a lot taller, mileage may vary.