Renamed - Warhead01 and the Horus Heresy

Updating++++ 

Trying to play the next set of units I want to add. 
I'm really thinking about 20 assault marines still. a squad of destroyers and some rhinos. I feel I have my heavy support fairly well covered and that really only leaves me wanting another fast attack choice. So do I buy a new using, maybe a few speeders or another Aircraft. 

Adding to this I am planning to part with all of my MKIII armoured marines. I remember a time way back when I saw some guys army at a game shop. It was a Dark Angels army made completely from 1st edition marines. I know I can't do the same thing the next best I can afford to do is MKIV and will be going that rout. to finish this collection.

I've been in a slump and taken several months away from all thing Warhammer and am just starting to find a small level of interest again.  So we will see where this goes.

• 2 years later...

Loading ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Transmission received +++++++++++++++++++++++
Loading +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Transmission ready for viewing +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update. 
The long over due full army pictures.

See them all here >> https://warhead01.blogspot.com/2021/11/age-of-darkness-first-legion-collection.html

20211118_123600%25280%2529.jpg

I haven't looked at these models in a few years now. This was a good eye opener of just what I still have left to do to finish these models. 
Next year I plan to put some time and effort into finishing these. I plan to start with the plasma weapons, which were all neglected thus far and go from there. No big expectations, just plan to work through everything a few models at a time as I fine the energy for it. 
I'm also hopeful I'll ad a few more units over this next year. We'll see how it goes. 

Love the force Warhead - I bet it'll be fun to go back to it and do those things you've been planning to elevate bits further. Already looks superbly cohesive, so I'm excited to see what you do in future!

Thank you!

Several ideas cooking for the new year! 

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to seeing these new ideas! 

I started working on all of my plasma weapons today Should have some pictures in a day or two things are going very well. (22 plasma weapons! currently.)

I hadn't expected to mess with this arm until next year but needed to paint something different. 

I'm going to work through this army one squad at a time or in groups and see what I can get done.

I've seen the new Dark Angels "Plasma Destroyers" and am plotting on acquiring a unit of them though they will likely be 3d printed weapons and MK II armour, if I can find some.

After the plasma weapons I plan to sort out all of the Volkite! 

Update.

In just a few short days I have painted the eye lenses of every helmet for every infantry model PA and TDA. I've also managed to paint 22 plasma weapons, 22 volkite and 9 missile launchers. It's  fantastic start. I have also started taking pictures and will be able to post them either tomorrow or Monday morning. 
And if that wasn't enough I have also just built a Missile launcher Sgt. He should be ready for primer tomorrow! 

I may move on the the vehicles next week or take a week to work on my Imperial Guard, which ever.

I'm very pleased with how well this is moving along. 

Pictures very soon.

Update.

I had no idea just how much time these would take and I am super close to done with them.

gallery_3442_11943_55472.jpg

I think all that's left is the plasma pistol and one more drybrusing on the bases.
Had expected the icons to be far more difficult than they were this time. the first one was a real paint to paint but these just sorta happened.
I still need two more pistols for two of these models and those arrive some time in the future. But they have been ordered.

I'm not really sure what Destroyers do, they seem way under armed for a name like destroyers. I had expected them all to get fancy pistols, not just one in five to get something special.
Still, I'm very happy with them. I guess it'll be something like a rad missile 8 pistol shots and a glorious charge. (Just to get he blood pumping.)

Those Destroyers are looking great! I get what you mean about them feeling a little underwhelming.

I had expected more cool "destroyer level" dakka.  I guess they're just a weird kind of assault squad.  Maybe I can use them to end small squads of leftovers holding objectives or light tanks? 

I've been digging thought my old models and rediscovered 2 of my 3 Land Raiders I bashed together back in 06' or 07' when I was in Korea. I think I ruined the third one because I have only found arts of it.  So I am working on saving the two I found.  I also found 3 very very old rhinos. For m way back 1st - 3rd edition rhinos. I have one I have to rebuild some how, it was cut completely in half and two other that I need to clean up and repaint. 
This is a big step in the right direction. 

Update. 
I believe I have saved the Land Raiders from my years of neglect! Just a bit more paint needed. 
The Rhinos were mostly a bust and I won't trouble with the one that is the most salvageable. I may gift it away or sell it. Not expecting to sell it for much but it is an option.
From the others I scrapped them for parts which I hope to use on the modern Rhinos to help them pass as 30K versions. Not exactly but sorta close-ish. 

I mentioned finding 3 Predator tanks, well I am going to try to use these as Rhinos after some parts swaps and additions. Because I feel my army is very heavy support heavy already. The best tow of them will be the last in line giving me the option to change my plans. 

I've been hand-jamming some DA icons onto shoulder plates the most recent batch didn't turn out as nice as the Destroyers did but it's done. 
Only 150 more to go? 

Picture post as soon as I am able.

• 2 weeks later...

B&C didn't like the picture links, I'll try again. B&C still does not like the links from blog spot today... weird. 

Update. 
Pictures from the Motor-pool.

https://warhead01.blogspot.com/2021/12/more-progress-on-first-legion.html

Slowly working on the free hand heraldry, just starting on the infantry now but there's a lot of them so it will be slow going but very worth the time and effort. 

All glory to the First Legion!  

Update. 
I've put in some detail work on my first tac squad.

Always room for more but it's a good start! Sorry about the lack of pictures but the B&C has stopped letting me link from Blogger. No idea why. 
So, here's the link. And I will stick on of these pictures in my gallery tomorrow and add that one here. 

Link.

https://warhead01.blogspot.com/2022/01/first-post-of-2022.html

• 1 month later...

Update.

I've had a few units come in. They're just getting into the bath now for a good cleaning before assembly and paint. 
Hopefully I can place another small order again some time in March but I need to get these new models build and painted before I worry about that. I have a lot of irons in the fire. 

The first thing on my list is to finish up my destroyers, the pistols I needed for them have come in. 
After that there's a Grav-cannon, artillery putting me up to two of them and finally...20 assault marines which I have wanted to have in my army for a very long time.

I'm considering what I really want to do with my other armies now and hope to set some money aside from any sales. the war-chest is about empty. And as I have mentioned before I am hopeful to add some extra options to aid me in using this army as a more standard 40K force, just because. 

Oh and I have rounded up 4 rhinos that will get some work to help make them look more like their actual 30K counterpart and I have several drop pods that I should repaint as well. Haven't used those for anything at all in years. 

That's it for now pictures in the next update. (  Finished model not wip. )

• 2 weeks later...

Update.
Finally some good news. All of my recent order of models are now built based and primered black. the painting can begin. It took almost 2 weeks to find the motivation to work on these and I am happy to finally have this much progress.  Pictures as soon as these are painted! 

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

It took longer than I wanted but the assault squad if finally table ready.

med_gallery_3442_11943_24017.jpg

8 more pictures of this squad are posted on my blog.
https://warhead01.blogspot.com/2022/03/first-legion-assault-squad.html

Not sure what's next for the legion just now.

Thank you. 
I really like the MKII, and thought if they were a bit battle worn they'd look solid. I'd partly like to get 20 more just not sure when I'd be able to swing that.