Renamed - Warhead01 and the Horus Heresy

Are you using any Rite of War? 

Because right now you only have 1 Troop choice. I dont believe the Support Squad counts towards the minimum Troop requirements.

And I think you have too many Elite options right now (Techmarines, Apothecaries, Veterans x2, Terminators x2, Contemptor Talon)

Are you using any Rite of War? 

Because right now you only have 1 Troop choice. I dont believe the Support Squad counts towards the minimum Troop requirements.

And I think you have too many Elite options right now (Techmarines, Apothecaries, Veterans x2, Terminators x2, Contemptor Talon)

He's using Pride of the Legion, so the Vets/Termies are Troop choices.

and this is why I instruct my students to read everything before starting a reply...thank you for correcting my very stupid mistake.

It's ok. my post was not very well planned on my part. And very lazy too.
Battle Scribe says I have 6 troop choices.
My list was just based around using all my models as best I could fit them in. It's laughable really.

• 2 weeks later...

Very busy right now. Building a Pig Pen. it's going to take a few days to get done.

The latest thing I'v started to do is paint the Swords and pistols, grenades that stuff so I can start to put them on the Marines.

Question.

What do I need to read regarding Knights? and Ally slots. Just something I've been thinking about today.

• 5 months later...

It's been quite a while. 
This morning I woke up to the Legion forming up in my head movies and now they wont leave. 
This found me looking over Ebay. Again. 

No I haven't purchased anything. Not yet. 
I have some actual dissensions to make this week, I'll be the decider...  (Bush jokes. - your welcome) 
Truthfully I'm finding Lord Cypher's reappearance started this.  So it's all his fault.

I'm yet again trying to figure out what I need/want for this collection and right now I'm looking back to the advice from Jerichus on page one. I think that's a really good idea and I'll try to get on that this week. (Building  a Nephilium fighter)  I remembered this earlier and added a few to my watch list. I'd planned to use two aircraft in my list so I'll need one more kit to make that happen.  
That's not all. I'm also trying to figure out just what I can do to make this 30K/40K playable. (with minimal cost ) 
I've also added a Knight to my watch list. I don't feel like my army packs enough punch. It seems the most affordable way to add some fire power. 

That's it for now. I hope to have that aircraft built and painted before the end of the week and pictures posted. 
Thanks for reading.

A quick update. 
I'm nearly done building the proxy flyer. I still have to reread what it's equipped with and mount the weapons. Not bad, I'll take it! 
Also in a bit of good luck I found now one but two complete squads of marines on the frames! Now I've got 20 bases based with 20 legs glued down. 

I've been charging my tablet so I can make an army list.  I need to figure out what I'm doing. I know a large number of these will be built as heavy bolters and maybe missile launchers. 
But I'm not sold on the missiles just yet. I've stuck another BaC set in my cart on Ebay, found at a very good price. But have held off from ordering. Mostly I need one more Dread more than anything else now that I've found these two extra squads. 

So it can wait a bit. I think mostly I'm more interested in another Dread so maybe I'll just order one of those and call it.  I'm mostly worried I'll end up with more than I want to paint right now.  
I think all this 8th edition rumor silliness and the internet has kinda burned me out on 40K right now. I don't count 30K as 40K. All that being said I've put up the Orks I was in the process of painting. I think changing gears will be good for me right now. 

Next up make a list and throw down the gauntlet! (Also paint my models...)
Thanks for reading.

A quick update. 

I'm nearly done building the proxy flyer. I still have to reread what it's equipped with and mount the weapons. Not bad, I'll take it! 

Also in a bit of good luck I found now one but two complete squads of marines on the frames! Now I've got 20 bases based with 20 legs glued down. 

I've been charging my tablet so I can make an army list.  I need to figure out what I'm doing. I know a large number of these will be built as heavy bolters and maybe missile launchers. 

But I'm not sold on the missiles just yet. I've stuck another BaC set in my cart on Ebay, found at a very good price. But have held off from ordering. Mostly I need one more Dread more than anything else now that I've found these two extra squads. 

So it can wait a bit. I think mostly I'm more interested in another Dread so maybe I'll just order one of those and call it.  I'm mostly worried I'll end up with more than I want to paint right now.  

I think all this 8th edition rumor silliness and the internet has kinda burned me out on 40K right now. I don't count 30K as 40K. All that being said I've put up the Orks I was in the process of painting. I think changing gears will be good for me right now. 

Next up make a list and throw down the gauntlet! (Also paint my models...)

Thanks for reading.

What type of Dread do you need? I may be able to help out with that...

I need one Contemptor.

I got extra Contemptors.

From my RG that I decided to shave down.

Next time you come up we'll talk. Are the BaC Contemptors fine with you?

I need one Contemptor.

I got extra Contemptors.

From my RG that I decided to shave down.

Next time you come up we'll talk. Are the BaC Contemptors fine with you?

That would be perfect.  

Ether or is fine.  ( a 30K pun?)  

I'm hoping that the flea market will go well and earn me some much needed coin for the war chest.  I read yesterday something about a model for the Master of Mankind. I'd be pleased to add him to my collection, fitting my theme of the first Legion. Though I'd never get to use him due to the timeline. But I'd love to paint him. I can only expect the Emperor to cost a lot. (In cashola)

I can't find the RoW on new Battle Scribe.  
I've been thinking I want 3 vet Squads and a squad of Destroyers( in the long run) 

And, about another Support Squad. But I don't know what I want to arm them with yet.

You know what would be really good for my army? 

A plan.

5 more heavy bolters table ready! 

My list is coming together. After so much 40K the 30K army restrictions seem very limiting. But it is what it is. 

Tomorrow I'll sort out my squad leaders and vets to see if I have enough of each. I'm trying to push 3 squads I'm just not sure I have enough squad leaders but I do have the parts to make a few more so there's that.

After yesterdays game with WKL we made a small trade. I'm now down 6 Jetbikers but up a contemptor and another Leviathan. Not bad at all.

The game started off going very well nearly frustrating WLK but as I had expected he would turn it all around. One of the areas I have been focusing on is to remember to use everything in my list to do something. We play Maelstrom of War so more often than not scoring an objective is more useful than failing to kill a unit.  Sending units to outflank has been working very well for me. Helping my force to seem proactive. That said I feel like my grasp on the rules is slipping. But it's only the first game so far this year. 

• 5 months later...

Kinda bringing this back to life. WLK has said he'd help me sort out my Legion project which I have neglected for a while now. This thread has been changed. It's no longer a First Legion thread. I'm likely to choose a new Legion which better fits my collection.  And so...

Today I rounded up my 14 remaining MK4 marines and have begun to prime them, bases legs and torsos. I've put primer on a Contemptor Dread and a leviathan as well.

I have to make a proper inventory of what I have so we can see which Legion it most easily represents.  I am planning to sell some other models to fund the rest of this project but I would like to spend as little as possible. 

I really enjoy 8th edition for my Orks. They will not be returning to the Age of Darkness I just can't bring myself to use that poop codex for an army I love now that there is a better alternative. 
Anyway, I'll have an update here by the end of this week.

Here's a list of what I have by model.
20 Catiaphractii Terminators
2 Apothecary
3 Techmatine with conversion beamer
3 Contemptor Dreads
2 Leviathan Dreads
3 Jet Bikesas
10 Marines with Heavy Bolters
6 Marines with Missile Launchers
10 Marines with volkitecaliver
3 Sargent 
34 Marines with Bloters 
3 powered armour Characters
2 Cataphractll characters
And 14 half built MK4.

Edited by Warhead01

My Search for a new Legion is ongoing. I'm planning to sell mode mini's to help fund this project as it seems that there are several things needed that I don't have, like Spartan tanks.
I've now rebased the Leviathan Dread and am putting some paint on it.  My over all plan is that which ever legion I finally decide on I'll easily be able to put those colors over my Black and Metallic. 
I just wish I already knew what colors those would be.

Question, does anyone know when the next Book is due?  Or can some one drop a link to those rumors so I can read them? I can't seem to find anything now but I remember there was a thread in New and Rumors but I can't find it.(Or remember the name of the next book.)

Thank you for the info. I had forgotten all about that video. 

After lengthy discussion with WLK, I am leaning towards Death Guard now with Night lord allies. the goal is still to be able to use models I already own with minimal spending for new models. 
With that in mind I built a terror Squad. Nothing fancy. 4 flamers and a squad leader with a single lightning claw. 
I'm pleased that this is generic enough to keep me out of trouble should I decide against playing Night Lords.  I'm working on a list of units and how to allocate them between the two Legions. 
I need to find more heavy weapons for a Heavy weapons squad. I really would like a squad full of Lascannons. Probably for the Night Lords portion. I'm in uncharted territory now. 
Truthfully I hope to leave my options open just in case. 
So far after looking at the Night Lord Raptors, I don't care for the mini's at all.