Renamed - Warhead01 and the Horus Heresy

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Terminators wip

I'm thinking assault unit, dangerous up close and encouraged to charge. They will probably need a transport of some kind.

med_gallery_3442_11943_105388.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_50345.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_22278.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_23244.jpg

These two will also get Volkite chargers. (I think that what they're called.)

I had planned for two with lightning claws but I don't really like the way that would look. Really hope that first legion is allowed two heavies per five models...but I don't expect that to happen.
Predator tank next.

Its going to look cool once it is done.

How were the rhinos stuck together? If super glue, have you popped them in the freezer overnight? The extreme cold makes the superglue brittle and easier to pop apart. Also The newer kits are classed as Mars patter for the heresy, so feel free to use them :)

Big thumbs up...

I'll have to try that trick. One of those rhinos may come apart. I don't know about the other two.  I always seem to end up with second hand models. haha.

It occurred to me last night that I hadn't built a rhino or predator kit in 3 or so years I was really pleased with how easily everything went together. 

Everything Above should be primer'd by tonight. 

So far no joy on those rhinos. Maybe my freezer isn't cold enough.

I was looking for the easy way out. Probably I'll have to soak them in something. I'll have to dig through the other biz box and see if there are any more Rhinos in there. Never know.

Update.

Terminators unit wip.

med_gallery_3442_11943_95887.jpg

The Predator tank is coming along but still looks sloppy.
I'll post pictures of that later when it looks better.

This week I start putting a list together. Looks like it will be Pride of the Legion RoW again. 
I have a lot of Terminators. 
I started putting some veterans together yesterday evening. I'm thinking to save some MKIII to turn into destroyers. 

I'll update again in a few days.

Update.

It's turned into a full day of hobby time.
I hadn't plan on it, it just happened.

Vet number 5 wip

med_gallery_3442_11943_17292.jpgmed_gallery_3442_11943_67814.jpg

I wasn't and am not 100% sure I want to use a head with no helmet. But I kinda like it. This guy is still a Terrain so he'll get weathered flesh. He's knows his way around a crusade expeditionary fleet. I may be out of MKIV swords now. I did want more power sword vets I had hoped for something from Caliban, the look and fresh faces. I'll get there at some point. Maybe the next 5 members of this squad? Could be good. Oh, and I've picked out a Blood Angels head for one of these "young knights of the Order" Veterans.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What do you think of the face?

med_gallery_3442_11943_20499.jpg med_gallery_3442_11943_63953.jpg

I think the further away from it I am the better it looks. I really wanted a darker skin tone but ended up with this. Kinda like it not sure.

Edited by Warhead01

Update

Bashed up a Heavy Flamer guy. wip.

med_gallery_3442_11943_40184.jpg

gallery_3442_11943_74637.jpg

I decided I didn't care for that face I had just painted, the more I looked at it the less I liked how it turned out. I tried to "fix" it but just ended up ruining what I had done.

I was thinking about a destroyed squad but am starting to not see the point of them. I'm becoming less and less a fan of their equipment. Which creates the problem for me. Do I built the squad for the rad Missiles and use the other four models as a meat shield or build the squad for the SGT and use the other four models as a meat shield. It's like, if only they had more weapons options. Their weapons just seem odd to me.

Thank you. I may try to build another Heavy Flamer, I have a left over bit for it. 

That face really bothered me I think I was trying to force it. When I just pick up and paint things usually come together with very little effort. Well, it seems like that some times.

The most interesting thing to have come from ruining that face was seeing how inks interact with flesh tones. I really want to use a bright purple on the flesh in a few small spots, some kind of plasma scar/burn purma-burn. I was also trying for a much darker skin color. It should create interesting character. Not really mad about it today. If anything I'll just try again later and see what happens. 

Update.

5 Tartaros TDA built, just have to get them Chargers They are meant to be armed just like the first squad. 

Building 4 more Veterans Need a few bitz to finish them but that seems to be normal now, needing bitz.

And speaking of Bitz I am also planning to get more heads from other Marine kits so I can add a few more faces that won't look like the same few heads over and over again.

Building these lase 4 MKIII's I found I could mix and match the legs a bit. interesting. Definitely keeping that in mind for any Destroyers. I also have to say that I'm not really thrilled with the MKIII, I think the MK IV kit has more bitz in it. (Maybe?)
Picture update coming later.

The mark 4 comes with combi weapons and misdile launcher which the mark 3 does not. The mark 3 has a thunder hammer and chainswords which mark 4 does not have.

The mark 3 also used extra space because of the split design of the legs an bacpack to make sure the details were captured.

That's very true.  I do wish they had a missile launcher in the MKIII set, as I just brought in 4 of those kits and ...need 4 more Missiles. 

Still bitz farming over Ebay. I've found a pile of heads and whatnot.  Trying to get as much as I can for as little as possible and at the same time not bring home a huge pile that "ll have to work through. It came to me today that I'm on the clock and if the 40K rumors are true I'll be neck deep in my green skins again in June or July. But progress has been good believe it or not. 

That's very true.  I do wish they had a missile launcher in the MKIII set, as I just brought in 4 of those kits and ...need 4 more Missiles. 

Still bitz farming over Ebay. I've found a pile of heads and whatnot.  Trying to get as much as I can for as little as possible and at the same time not bring home a huge pile that "ll have to work through. It came to me today that I'm on the clock and if the 40K rumors are true I'll be neck deep in my green skins again in June or July. But progress has been good believe it or not. 

I have an extra 5 missile launchers I picked up from somewhere...I'll send you a pic to see if youre interested

EDIT: check FB messenger when you get the chance. I sent the pic there.

Edited by Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Working on my cards for Saturdays game. Basically just quick reference cards that also have relevant page numbers on them and a few stats. This will function along side a clean armylist. I usually feel like my army lists are a mess and when, in the past using Battle Scribe, It was just difficult as I never printed those lists. Way too much time searching, seemed to me. 

I'm putting a little more color on some models not working on new models this week, unless I do.

Decided that I will be keeping two Tac squads at 20 strong as I have these MKIII models for vets but doubt I'll keep more than two Vet Squads. All of my units will be fixed equipment. 
I'm very tempted to proxy some artillery... I don't yet own any. 

Question.

What does a plasma repeater look like?  They sound kinda killy. Is there a model? 

I just found this after a search. 3rd part bit.

674x501_17768803_10432299_1487628098.jpg

Stick that on a MKII. could look  just right. Nice and dark...just like Old night. Brutal.

Edited by Warhead01