Renamed - Warhead01 and the Horus Heresy

Well, being Ist legion a glaive would be quite fitting. On the other hand, if I recall correctly a thunderhawk would be one of the few available superheavies should you ever want to try ravenwing (although I think the TH is probably too expensive, so I will not even suggest you to get a stormbird, and titans are out too).

Knights might also be thematic, I could see calibanite legionaries having quite in common with some knight houses.

Gamewise, don't have any so can't really speak on that.

Edited by Elzender

Update.

Bases nearly done. 2 left, so they'll be done tomorrow some time.

Here's some to look at. I want to say that they are actually 7 colors in total. something like that.

med_gallery_3442_11943_85040.jpg

gallery_3442_11943_51904.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_79283.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_66003.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_47721.jpg

And.

I have had a rhino soaking in simple green for almost a week and the glue is finally starting to let go. Hopefully only a few more days and I'll be able to build my third predator tank.

I've started to paint the Dark Angels icons on some of the infantry and so far so good. But it's going to be slow so at best I plan just a few at a time so I don't become frustrated.

The next time they get a major outing they may well be close to done.

Update.
I should be able to build my third and last Predator tank next week.
I've started painting the Dark Angels icons now. Not planning to rush them as they can be a bit tricky.

med_gallery_3442_11943_387411.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_124010.jpg

gallery_3442_11943_21442.jpg

I posted in my other thread that I have ordered a web cam for tutorials and other videos. Hopefully still's as well. It shoots in 1080p so I have hope for higher quality pictures than I have been posting. I plan to revive my Youtube channel with short wip videos that will run along side the several threads I am posting on this and another forum. I'm excited to be able to post better pictures.
I was hoping it would work with both my phone and my tablet but it doesn't look like it will. from what I have read. Not a major issue really.

Thank you. I had no end of trouble figuring that cape out.  I've had a lot of trouble with capes and the like. Large smooth areas... Yikes! 
I did try to keep the underside slightly darker than the outside of the cape as well. 

The pose was silly easy. I'm not 100% sure I like the sword, maybe I could find him another pistol. well it's a thought for later. 

Update

I've started yet another Hero of the Legion. Another centurion consul most likely a siege master , one of the ones that are less likely to be an easy first choice. 
So far He has a bolter, picking the head was probably the hardest part so far. I had 3 in mind, 2 made the final cut on was eliminated because it looks a little too much like one of the ones in the MKIV kit. 
No reason not to be picky. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the left arm. Power sword? chain sword? Dark Angels sword? No rush. I just want character more than I want efficiency from this character. Might trade the Bolter out for a Combi. 

Well, regarding the weapon choice, I often envision siege masters using weapons like axes, maces, hammers or even power fists over swords, as I see them as more brutal than other officers, unless you want to give him a sword to take advantage of the legion rules, then sword it is. Do you know if heavy chainswords benefit from the sword mastery rule? Edited by Elzender

Well, regarding the weapon choice, I often envision siege masters using weapons like axes, maces, hammers or even power fists over swords, as I see them as more brutal than other officers, unless you want to give him a sword to take advantage of the legion rules, then sword it is. Do you know if heavy chainswords benefit from the sword mastery rule?

Mastery of the Blade does indeed work with Heavy Chainswords; Combat Blades, Chainswords, Heavy Chainswords, Power Swords, Terranic Greatswords, Calibanite Greatswords, and Paragon Blades modelled as swords get 3+ to hit when vs equal WS. 

Hesh Kadesh, Thank you for the info, it's what I thought I had read. 

Update. 

Third Predator tank build and primed. Painting starts this evening. 
Nothing to say about that hero yet, paused work to push through with the Predator. 

Alternatively, maybe you could give him a Terranic greatsword and model it like an executioner sword (a greatsword with a wide blade and no point, saw it first on Dark souls 3 but it seems they did exist in real life). It could look quite brutal if you want to go that route.

Alternatively, maybe you could give him a Terranic greatsword and model it like an executioner sword (a greatsword with a wide blade and no point, saw it first on Dark souls 3 but it seems they did exist in real life). It could look quite brutal if you want to go that route.

Something like this?

med_gallery_3442_11943_149030.jpg med_gallery_3442_11943_112317.jpg

A fair bit of trouble building that.

Well, that certainly qualifies as a terranic greatsword! I might suggest trying to remove the point of the blade but keeping the hooks, but I would understand perfectly if you'd rather not risk ruining it.

I am actually planning to use that sword in a small diorama featuring a Ist legion champion, but in that instance I am keeping the point.

Well, that certainly qualifies as a terranic greatsword! I might suggest trying to remove the point of the blade but keeping the hooks, but I would understand perfectly if you'd rather not risk ruining it.

I am actually planning to use that sword in a small diorama featuring a Ist legion champion, but in that instance I am keeping the point.

Hahaha. At this rate it's built and it was a pain to build but it also keep with the Dark Angels theme as I've borrowed bitz from the chapter for the legion. Swords simply HUGE!

Probably why this is the happiest First legion hero ever! He's all smiles and a giant sword!

Update.

Web cam has arrived. Logitech c920.

med_gallery_3442_11943_124988.jpg med_gallery_3442_11943_70194.jpg

Much better pictures!

Edited by Warhead01

• 1 month later...

Update.

Grave cannon artillery thing. (the proper name escapes me. )

med_gallery_3442_11943_77185.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_156758.jpg

I had a little trouble putting the primer on. I did wash the models with soap and warm water but maybe I should have left them in longer, maybe over night.
With that in mind I'm going to wash my next model again just to see if it gives me an easier time.

I was going to carry on about something or other but I have no idea why. or how that would connect to this post. I need more Coffee!
Next update in a few days. I need to clean my brushes as well. (just so I remember..)

Thanks for looking!