=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

If any other strategiums copy this recruitment tactic, they will have copied something from Chaos with that admit that Chaos is the best. BOOOM!!! :p

All CSM were Loyalists at one point or another so actually everything you do is actually copied in one way or another from Imperials. :teehee:

Work it, make it, do it, makes us...*hammers magnets into Ironclad arm*

Harder, better, faster, stronger...*cleanses impurities from the airbrush*

Work it harder make it better do it faster makes us stronger!

B) :teehee:

This popped up on pandora while I was working on the ETL, and I couldn't help but notice how appropriately it serves as a prayer to the machine spirits of my workbench.  Now if only I can find it in binary...

If any other strategiums copy this recruitment tactic, they will have copied something from Chaos with that admit that Chaos is the best. BOOOM!!! :p

All CSM were Loyalists at one point or another so actually everything you do is actually copied in one way or another from Imperials. :teehee:

The Emperor stole power from the Chaos Gods to make the Primarchs, they and the marines made from their DNA are only here because of Chaos. Even the Emperor knew Chaos was best.

CHAOS WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anyone vowing for chaos in this last week will be awarded an awesome banner for their siggy. :)

Here's what I don't get, and I can only promise I'm not trying to be provocative or sarcastic when I ask this.

C:CSM is garbage in its current form. It's supplements are from what I've read widely derided.

What is the motivation of all our members here to pour so much money and effort into these models?

I am an utterly demotivated Night Lords player, and am keen to understand what others see in this current codex and it's offerings to invest in it so significantly.

In short, dominating the tabletop isn't the only motivation for 40k hobbyists. :)

I get you, but regardless of tabletop power, it isn't even really useful IMHO at allowing folk to build fluffy units.

The time, effort and investment folk are quite clearly putting into these vows deserves maximum respect, I just struggle to understand the drive to do so. My problem not theirs!

Well I can only speak for myself here and not the Chaos frater as a whole, but as a Chaos player since Realm of Chaos back in first edition I find them the best faction fluff wise, opportunities for converting etc. Every Ultramarine army will look alike regardless of what marks of power armour used yet every Slaanesh marine can look different, not just modeling wise but painting as well. Motivation for following the Chaos gods are as varied as the followers themselves instead of the Facist Imperium 'because we told you so' attitude. Oh and because we have DANCING!!!!!

In short, dominating the tabletop isn't the only motivation for 40k hobbyists. smile.png

I get you, but regardless of tabletop power, it isn't even really useful IMHO at allowing folk to build fluffy units.

The time, effort and investment folk are quite clearly putting into these vows deserves maximum respect, I just struggle to understand the drive to do so. My problem not theirs!

I got tired of waiting, and wrote my own codex series (actually, that is a bit of an exaggeration, I'm not quite done yet, as I got super busy this year and haven't had the time to finish the non-marine chaosy bits and rehash rules for all of the super heavies and such.). I have never been happier with chaos now then I have before. Also, I never played that competitively in the first place and I started doing chaos for modelling/painting reasons rather than gameplay reasons in the first place anyways. The fact that our overpriced units actually help in the ETL is kind of nice as well.

The Emperor stole power from the Chaos Gods to make the Primarchs,

Allegedly. wink.png

Can't we append that to literally every fluff description in the 40k universe though? (Not saying you are wrong, mind you.)

In short, dominating the tabletop isn't the only motivation for 40k hobbyists. smile.png

Firepower basically said it, but Chaos can also be very competitive. I've won my fair share of competitive tournaments in recent years. Combined with the influx of Chaos-usable FW models, and the ability to ally/play with Chaos Daemons, KDK, and the IA traitor Guard lists, makes for a very varied, fun, and yes, competitive lists - in certain contexts. Chaos does quite well in games of up to 1250 points - which in my GW scene is the standard tournament size army.

Even I have an old Chaos Army.biggrin.png

Your Avatar siggy clearly says 'Dark Angels', so that was kind of a moot statement, now, wasn't it? :p

+++FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

Now we have reached the fourth week of ETL V. We have 425 participants that have pledged 381,308 pts between them and 17% of them have already been completed! However, the single more important thing is that the deadline for new participants draws closer and there are only a few days left!

So keep in mind than on June 15th at 17:00 GMT the doors of ETL V will close forever!

After that, the teams will be set and no further participations will be accepted. So to all that were thinking about it now is the time to join!

I also want to mention here the amazing work done be all factions and a special note to the first FW Warlord Titan to be completed during the ETL by Demonl

Now let’s see the weekly stats in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 4
Codex 72 87 57,544 9,601 16.7%
Blood Angels 45 60 26,944 5,881 21.8%
Dark Angels 52 55 34,096 2,238 6.6%
Space Wolves 50 56 49.578 7,474 15.1%
Forces of the Imperium 38 44 19,839 2,119 10.7%
Realm of Chaos 73 85 87,075 17,977 20.6%
Horus Heresy 95 111 106,232 19,300 18.2%
TOTAL 425 498 381,308 64,590 16.9%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

CODEX

The Codex continues to have a leading position with 72 participants. However, given their relatively small average vow of just 661 pts it means that they require a higher completion and re-vowing rate to utilize their numerical superiority. Smaller average vow can be turned into an advantage if it means that completions will be coming early one and more re-vowing will take place. Unfortunately, at the end of Week 4, Codex has a completion rate that’s spot on the ETL average… This will not get you far given the low average value. So more completions required for next week – let’s see a wave of them – and then let’s see some more vows! Utilize your numbers and turn the small average vow into an advantage!

BLOOD ANGELS
The Blood Angels are on the same basic situation as the Codex but they lack the numbers and their average vow is even lower – in fact it’s the lowest in the ETL at the moment. That only means one thing: complete even earlier and re-vow – drown your rivals in a hurricane of vows! At this point you need to add points to your total and a bit larger vows can only help! Thankfully you’re doing just that! You have the highest completion rate in the ETL which means you are showing the dedication required to follow that strategy! Now it is important to get a few more brothers in there before the curtain for new participants’ drops. You are at 45 now, can you make it a cool 50? The SWs are there and so are the DAs! So keep those completions coming – and don’t forget to re-vow!

DARK ANGELS
Right, with 52 participants the DAs are doing alright in the recruitment front – although it can be better as our “natural” level is north of 60… But that is not the biggest issue. Nor is the biggest issue our very low average vow that stands lower than the Codex and materially lower than the SWs not to mention Chaos and HH. But all these problems pale in comparison to our completion rate, the lowest in the ETL BY FAR. What’s the matter? Why don’t the DAs complete on their vows? The ETL is by now a 17% completion rate game and we are at less than half of that. This is an alarm call. In order to make those participation numbers work, and in order to make up for our low average vow, we NEED to get our completion rate up and re-vow ASAP!

SPACE WOLVES

So, the total number of participants has not increased on the week but with an average vow of more than 100pts above average, and a completion rate of 15% (about the ETL average) you are in good shape. However, you need to be aware that Factions with considerably more resources than yours (both in terms of average vow, total vows pledged and total participants) have higher completion rates – making this a dangerous situation. In short it is not enough to be close to the average completion rate – you just do not have the resources to feel comfortable at these levels. What you need is to leverage on your existing resources by increasing both completion rate and re-vowing rate. Increasing your participants won’t hurt either – there is still time until the 15th!

IMPERIAL FORCES
Imperial Forces are at 38 participants the lowest in the ETL. Before we go on talking about completion rates and average vows, I think it is crucial to speed up your recruitment effort in the few remaining days – even a small increase may be material… If you can get just 10 people to join, then you’ll be at par with BAs, DAs, SWs and not that far behind the more populous Factions. So I think that’s where the main effort should be directed. Now let’s talk strategy: Remember that the final score of each faction is weighted with the completion rate. A smaller and more tightly knit faction has the advantage to go for the highest completion rate and, why not, the holy grail of the ETL: the 100% completion rate! You are at 11% now, still a long way, but this is more possible for you than any other faction!

REALM OF CHAOS
The Chaos camp kept up the recruitment effort with 10 more participants joining in. The total points pledged are the second highest and the completion rate is also the second highest. In short Chaos is well positioned to gain the top place! But be aware! HH appears to be your main rival and they are gathering more participants, more points pledged and more points completed, albeit at a lower completion rate. So in the end of the day the completion rate may prove to be the key – but you don’t need me to tell you that! You are doing very well, just keep it up!

HORUS HERESY
The HH is still leading and by a significant margin. There is no question that the resources of the HH outweigh all other factions and that makes it a favorite to win. But keep in mind that the final score is weighted with the completion rate and if you falter and the completion rate drops, no amount of completed points will save you. You’re doing fine on the completion rate front, no question about it, but this is where I identify the most obvious threat... And don’t forget, recruitment time is not over yet!

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:
1. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!
2. PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep those completions coming!!! biggrin.png

Wow. Big ups to the Space Wolves for their efforts. They've risen from a mediocre faction in recent ETLs to one that could rival the Codex!

No wonder, though: their chaotic chickens have come home to roost in the form of the Wulfen, who are obviously Space Wolves blessed by the gods.... ;) :p

ON TO THE LAST RECRUITMENT!! 

Anyone pledging to the Realm of Chaos will be rewarded with a unique Chaotic Last Chancer Badge that they can put in their siggy (or about me page) for eternity!!! 

Except when you get hit really hard on the nose by a newspaper, or when you see a bigger wolf, whom would also likely succumb to a newspaper bopping...

But no newspaper is a match for zeal! :D

=][= E TENEBRAE LUX V =][=

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

=][= THE DOORS TO NEW PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW CLOSED =][=

E TENEBRAE LUX V – June 15
Codex 76 91 58,234 9,601 16.5%
Blood Angels 54 70 29,784 5,881 19.7%
Dark Angels 57 62 36,975 2,960 8.0%
Space Wolves 51 59 52,550 7,474 14.2%
Forces of the Imperium 44 52 25,576 2,414 9.4%
Realm of Chaos 81 96 90,762 18,371 20.2%
Horus Heresy 107 126 116,617 20,900 17.9%
TOTAL 470 556 410,498 67,601 16.5%

Sorry Eric, the deadline was June 15th,17:00 GMT - so it was the same accross all time zones. You can always vow as out-of-competition. If you do, you will still be eligible for the Custos Fidei (or the badge of the Oathbreaker if you fail) but your vows won't count towards your faction's total.

Archived