=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

Unfortunately I feel chaos will win, once again procrastination seems to be the aod weakness. But there's still 3 weeks so hopefully I'm proven wrong

Not just AoD who have fallen to the God of procrastination, I spent nearly a month staring at a half done 3k vow. I think its hitting everyone atm.

Unfortunately I feel chaos will win, once again procrastination seems to be the aod weakness. But there's still 3 weeks so hopefully I'm proven wrong

Not just AoD who have fallen to the God of procrastination, I spent nearly a month staring at a half done 3k vow. I think its hitting everyone atm.

+++ELEVENTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

Week 11 was an explosion of completions! A bit more than 40k points were completed this week alone, more than double the previous Week’s performance (which itself was a strong one). Now we have managed to complete almost 208k points – a record for Week 11 standards! However, this increase has been uneven. Chaos alone increased its points by a cool 15k while HH also came in strong with another 10k points (give or take)! Following the two leading Factions, the SWs made an impressive comeback with 6k points as did the Codex people. On the more subdued side, the BAs continued to lead in terms of completion rates managed a bit less than 1.9k pts (although that’s a lot of activity for them given their low average vow), the DAs also added a (not so impressive) 1.9k pts. Lastly the IFOR had a slow week with just 270pts completed.

And now with Week 11 behind us, we only have two whole weeks (and a few days) left. Next week it will be the last weekly update as traditionally we do not report Week 13 so we build up more tension!

The room for strategies is diminishing. I guess we’ve reached the point where there is only one overriding command: COMPLETE WHATEVER VOWS YOU HAVE OUTSTANDING! The first vows of course carry the bulk of the points for any and every faction although BAs have managed to make it 50-50! So onwards to complete your commitments nd if you do you’ll be surprised to see how the fortunes of war change!

Remember the completion rate is paramount here, so every little helps, even the smallest vow may have dramatic impact on the fortunes of any Faction! Don’t hold back, don’t procrastinate, the time is now! The final score is worked out as:

Final Score = (total points painted – penalties for non-completion of subsequent vows) x completion rate

Now let’s see the weekly stats in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 11
Codex 77 111 69,063 27,935 40.4%
Blood Angels 54 92 38,060 21,040 55.3%
Dark Angels 57 78 44,358 13,235 29.8%
Space Wolves 51 65 55,358 17,552 31.7%
Forces of the Imperium 44 68 29,073 9,175 31.6%
Realm of Chaos 81 132 110,970 59,341 53.5%
Horus Heresy 107 165 138,395 59,497 43.0%
TOTAL 472 711 485,304 207,775 42.8%

Unfortunately, due to personal time constraints I don’t have the time to write up a paragraph for each faction this week, but really, as I said above, now there is no time for elaborate strategies. Just complete your pledges!

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!

PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep those completions coming!!! biggrin.png

+++TWELFTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

So this is it. The last weekly update. Traditionally I do not make a weekly report for Week 13 as it is too close to the end and it may give things away. So from now on we play blind! Well not totally blind as I will be updating the first pages in all the Strategiums regularly but there will be now table to display the results – not until the Final Report a few day after the event ends.

At this point it’s all about completing vows, especially for those who have outstanding second or subsequent vows because failing any such vow will automatically nullify all previous ones too! However, do not neglect your first vows either! They still contain the bulk of the pledged points of any given faction and as such they are crucial to the completion rate. And remember, the completion rate is the factor by which completed points will be multiplied to deliver each faction’s final score.

Final Score = (total points painted – penalties for non-completion of subsequent vows) x completion rate

The gates close for the event is on August 15th at 17:00 GMT. Keep in mind that GMT does not change from winter to summer time so at this period of the year even London has an hour difference. No completions will be recorded after the gates close so make sure to allow some time to prevent any technical issues with your computer or have some time to maneuver if real life intervenes in an unexpected way…

As you will see in the table below, this year we managed a 48% completion rate by week 12 – that’s three percentage points more than last year. In absolute terms we have completed almost 21k points more than the same period last year. So the momentum is there, will we see this continue to the end? We will have to see.

So I’m off for now and will return to close the event on August 15th and revert for the Final Report a couple of days after the closing of the event. Of course I’ll be constantly present in the boards so feel free to ask questions (either privately of publicly) and I will make every effort to respond ASAP.

This is it everyone – good luck to all!

And this is Week 12 stats in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 12
Codex 77 111 69,293 30,025 43.3%
Blood Angels 54 93 38,620 22,141 57.3%
Dark Angels 57 78 44,358 13,715 30.9%
Space Wolves 51 68 58,740 24,904 42.4%
Forces of the Imperium 44 71 30,408 10,085 33.2%
Realm of Chaos 81 148 123,320 71,679 58.15%
Horus Heresy 107 171 140,762 68,440 48.6%
TOTAL 472 740 505,501 240,989 47.7%

THIS IS IMPORTANT:

PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

Can you please clarify the deadline for me... do we have all day/evening Monday the 15th? ...or does it end at the stroke of midnight Sunday evening?

Thanks.

Its 5pm GMT on the 15th. 

I have created this document (see LINK) that gives you this time in almost every time zone. 

Ahh ok so if I've read that correctly, 12 noon EST on the 15th. Good enough thanks!

# 10 White Scars, sitting on the wall,

10 White Scars, sitting on the wall,

And if 1 White Scar dips his shoulders in Micro-Sol, 

There'll be 9 White Scars, sitting on the wall. #

/going slightly, just slightly mad

LESS THAN TWO DAYS TO GO!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: 

Everybody please check their Strategium's second post to make sure your status is correctly shown. If not, please let me know ASAP! 

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

ETL V IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Strategiums to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges.

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Strategium and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Strategiums as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up.

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Strategium, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report.

Congratulations to all!

BRUSHES DOWN...  now time to avoid painting for the next month...

i dont understand? for chaos the ETL never ends! we paint for the paint god! brushes for the brush throne!

i painted a little today, and tomorrow ill will do more :)

Another great year, well done everyone and of course a huge thank you to the Captain for his efforts in organising it! Once more my hobby has reached new heights all thanks to the ETL, and I'm sure I'm far from alone there thumbsup.gif Best not to rest on those laurels too much though as there's always more plastic to paint laugh.pngmsn-wink.gif

Second 3k vow completed with a few mins to spare. Every year I say I won't be rushing last minute and once again it's seat of my pants.

Lol ... Guess it's the way I roll.

WOW! This has been SO TENSE these last couple of hours. MAN was this the best ETL ever. I'm sure several records were broken again.

Well done to everyone, and especially thakns again Captain Semper for running the most ridiculous, fun, awesome, and plain crazy painting competition of the world. 

Archived