+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Well this seems to be GETTING OUT OF HAND fast.

I need to improve on my chevron working anyway and was looking to try some new metallics anyway. Let's see the rules and see if I can cram something up my autumn hollidays.

Was going to take a break from painting Chaos marines. BUT then this pops up.

I'd join in with my fellow Warsmiths. I can always lend a HAND!

Glory to the IV, glory to Perturabo (still leading his Legion, even weeding out the weak from our ranks).

@Lord Thorn: An unfair fight? I don't like it when people put themselves down. Just because they are handicapped because of their geneseed is no excuse. Tjey can do all right. We are superior but I admire their bravado trying to take on the true siege masters.

As I have posted in the IF thread, I am 'on the wall' as to which side to join.

Is this strictly by the C:CSM for Iron Warriors only then?

If Heresy-era, can they be a 'black shield' warband that uses different heraldry (or none at all)?

Just curious...

I don't have enough spare models to constitute a legal unit but I do have a CSM pushfit or two laying around, and after seeing all the IW in the ETL - and painting my own warband's Havocs with a metal base colour - I am tempted to do a single out-of-competition marine.

As I have posted in the IF thread, I am 'on the wall' as to which side to join.

Is this strictly by the C:CSM for Iron Warriors only then?

If Heresy-era, can they be a 'black shield' warband that uses different heraldry (or none at all)?

Just curious...

It is also heresy era :) since successor chapters and splinter warbands are allowed for 40k, I'd be tempted to allow you to do a blackshield force, but you'd be best finding a way to noticeably show they were Iron Warriors (augmetics, Iron Masks, hazard stripes and/or bitz in silver etc.)

I don't have enough spare models to constitute a legal unit but I do have a CSM pushfit or two laying around, and after seeing all the IW in the ETL - and painting my own warband's Havocs with a metal base colour - I am tempted to do a single out-of-competition marine.

That's great :tu: despite it being out of competition, it will still motivate the rest of us too :)

I may actually make a small out of competition vow for the IV if such is possible, alongside my main (Fisty) vows for the Expansion. I've had it in mind for a while now to do a small force of IW, purely as an enemy force to my 284th for display purposes, and this seems like it might be a good time to start that...

...I bring great dishonor upon my Legion. Dorn forgive me for my sins.

laugh.png

I hereby start a petition to prohibit the psycho to spite us by doing an out of competition IW vow while playing for the IF team. I also award him with the title Traitor of Traitors for obvious reasons.

I was actually going to do it the other way around. ;) But hey, I was going to contribute a Librarius Conclave to the VII, which are basically witches, right?

I hereby start a petition to prohibit the psycho to spite us by doing an out of competition IW vow while playing for the IF team. I also award him with the title Traitor of Traitors for obvious reasons.

Hey, if Auggie can vow a "mud-loving" Chaos Lord in last year's Call to deny the Fists the Deredeo on the same base in the 3rd Expansion, I can do a tiny traitorous OOC vow in this. Probably still do deserve that title, though. I'm not real good at staying loyal to Chaos. Ever. tongue.png

EDIT: Besides, y'all be fine. You Iron chaps all thrive on spite, don't you? Anyway, the title is now in my signature, immortalized for all to see.

Sorry to crush your dreams, folks, but since this is a challenge between two teams, you choose one team and stick with it to the end. msn-wink.gif

Now, Psycho, come with me. Reclusiarch Firepower wants to have a few words with you... he mentioned "a paddlin'" or something...

Sorry to crush your dreams, folks, but since this is a challenge between two teams, you choose one team and stick with it to the end. msn-wink.gif

Now, Psycho, come with me. Reclusiarch Firepower wants to have a few words with you... he mentioned "a paddlin'" or something...

Nu-uh! Doesn't say so anywhere! tongue.png

Consorting with the enemy?

http://i.imgur.com/YRtuSz2.gif

Pain Glove might be more appropriate in this situation though... just a thought.

Archived